Ichigo Reiatsu crush validity?

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi there, soon I am going to be writing a composite Ichigo for a neutral setting around various other characters and I think I need help trying to make sense of how the Reiatsu crush thing works due to the nature of it and how it interacts with others, and whether or not I should list it as a power he has.

Ichigo himself has never been shown on-panel to crush another person with this ability even though plenty of other details apparently support the idea that he can use it. I can't find a clear instance of RC being used by him anyways, if there is a scan for it and I just individually missed it somehow I would much appreciate being shown.

I did find Aizen using it, and from what I saw (I will have to fetch the scan later on as I can't access it from mobile currently), I am not even entirely sure if the person afflicted actually died or not. It looks like the guy just got flattened against the pavement and maybe knocked unconscious.

Some things I would like cleared up, or at least I would like to hear different interpretations for it:

- If a target's physical durability is higher than Ichigo's AP, do they resist being crushed?

- If RC bypasses physical durability, what does a target need to resist being crushed?

- Is there any kind of set range for the ability?

Some examples of other characters being written within the setting are Yuji Itadori (JJK, he has Sukuna) and Cooler (DB), the latter of which I am also currently responsible for. Would these two have different responses to RC? Do they resist it, no-sell it, get flattened?

Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Some things I would like cleared up, or at least I would like to hear different interpretations for it:

1. If a target's physical durability is higher than Ichigo's AP, do they resist being crushed?

2. If RC bypasses physical durability, what does a target need to resist being crushed?

3. Is there any kind of set range for the ability?

Some examples of other characters being written within the setting are Yuji Itadori (JJK, he has Sukuna) and Cooler (DB), the latter of which I am also currently responsible for. Would these two have different responses to RC? Do they resist it, no-sell it, get flattened?

1. No, they would not be crushed because in Bleach stronger people have resisted it. This assumes they are equalized.

2. They need to have enough spiritual energy to resist it.

3. From what we know the only person who has been able to do it from farther than a city would be Aizen.

4. Sukuna would get RC because he lacks the power to defend against it. Cooler has enough power to defend it and ki in Dragon Ball is spirtual.

I did find Aizen using it, and from what I saw (I will have to fetch the scan later on as I can't access it from mobile currently), I am not even entirely sure if the person afflicted actually died or not. It looks like the guy just got flattened against the pavement and maybe knocked unconscious.

The person affected by it had their existence erased because their spiritual body couldn't handle it.

No Caption Provided

Another thing to consider that Aizen RC Grimmjow who is made of A LOT of souls.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RENEGADISM
Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mike_Strike10

@renegadism:Hi there, soon I am going to be writing a composite Ichigo for a neutral setting around various other character

What do you mean by this? Where are you writing it?

Wanderez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than Aizen, Yamamoto was also soul crushing Hollows from miles away.

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_strike10: I write out entire fights play by play with a group of friends instead of just debating. So we have to know how powers work and how characters actually behave.

We usually get to pick out a neutral space or an area that isn't from any specific canon, like a vague modern NYC on Earth or something.

(Sorry for double reply, phone is messing with me.)

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes outside of Bleach RC would bypass durability since it incorporates attacking the soul (the physical damage done by RC would actually be nosold by raw durability, but that's independent of the soul which without feats chances are would be crushed) but I think the more contentious topic about it is whether or not it's passive since some argue it is universally passive and vice versa but my take on it is that it's a case by case basis and that not every Bleach character utilizes RC passively while some do.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic: Thanks for these, that makes sense. I've always personally assumed it was always passive but certain characters kept it suppressed outside of combat so that it isn't like, auto-flattening civilians and stuff like that.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegadism: If I can add something, don't assume that RC can affect someone with soul resistence feats, or someone with a kind of energy based on the spirit, soul, etc. For example, Gin Ichimaru is not gonna RC, let's say...Naruto. At that point, it would be a No Limit Fallacy.

Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegadism: If I can add something, don't assume that RC can affect someone with soul resistence feats, or someone with a kind of energy based on the spirit, soul, etc. For example, Gin Ichimaru is not gonna RC, let's say...Naruto. At that point, it would be a No Limit Fallacy.

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar999: Thank you for that tip, much appreciated. I definitely want it to be applicable within reason.

That's why I used Sukuna as an example; he can kind of get lumped in with spiritual beings afaik even if he's Not Exactly a spirit and would hypothetically handle it better than a total rando I think.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegadism: No prob! Always glad to help a fellow viner(not called Ruksos)!