"I work here... but I DON'T like it!"

Ms_Crimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ms_Crimson

One of the reasons for comic book movies that turn out to be pure junk is that (at least in my opinion) the people making the films in question don’t like comic books, don’t respect comic books, and don’t want to be making a comic book movie.

I think this was the case with Cat Woman, Batman & Robin (the one with Arrrrnie) and some of the “classic” stinkers, such as the Captain America, Long Ranger, Wonder Woman (Cathy Crosby) movies. (for this theory to work please just ignore The Spirit that came out a few months ago, Goddess knows I wish I could.)

O. K., that having been said

In the comic book industry, what writers and artists do you think might have the same feelings toward comics?

Just wondering.

Webstad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Webstad

The thing is they DO like comics and they DO respect the books, and they have all the choice in the world whether they want to make a movie on one or not. What they do is offer an INTERPRETATION of how they feel a particular character's story should be told. Also, what makes a good movie is left entirely to personal opinion. For example, most people believe Elektra was a terrible movie (probably because there was less violence than they were hoping for, and more actual story being told), but I thought it was alright. Personal opinion. I thought the Spidey movies weren't up to snuff because they simply couldn't hold my attention long enough to enjoy it, but not for any other reason.

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By geometry

Matt Fraction. He's an asswipe who's work should be used to wipe asses.

Ms_Crimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ms_Crimson

Somehow I can't see Joel Schumacher really caring about much of anything, judging by what he's done, other than money that is.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Calvin
@Ms_Crimson: Well said. I think the same way.
Even if the actor isn't a comic reader he must be open minded enough to read the comics of the character he's going to play. If the actor read and learn to respect it as a source material, I'm ok with it!