I want an M-rated, post-apocalyptic Pokemon RPG

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

Witcher-style gameplay. All Pokemon have mysteriously turned rogue and completely savage, and destroyed the world. It's like a zombie apocalypse but with Pokemon instead of the zombies. You play a young man/woman who owns one of the last non-feral Pokemon in the world (you get to choose it out of a few options in the beginning of the game, which will determine your playstyle. Like choosing a class in most other RPG's).

And it has blood and gore and all that, Pokemon battles to the death. And you can loot dead Pokemon for food and supplies and stuff.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 edgy 4 me

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yikes, I don't want anything like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, the mind of an adolescent boy. So edgy.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

3edgy5me

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I just want a Pokemon game where I can pick any starting region then travel to all regions and catch every pokemon without needing to buy another version.

The game as is are good for 40+ hours even as a casual player and like 100+ if you're super min-max about raising all your pokemon. I don't know why they don't make this game, it would be worth 1000's of hours.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds badass lol. It might actually get me into Pokemon.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This just slit my thumb.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That sounds badass lol. It might actually get me into Pokemon.

No Caption Provided

I want this too, tbh.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_red_viper  Moderator

@super_sayian_beyonder: lol that's just really creepy. Looks like monsters from Dark Souls.

@sprior93: adolescent? I'm a 21 y/o guy who's had a major outburst of nostalgia in the past couple of weeks with Pokemon Go and this little idea came to me so I had the urge to share it with the rest of the world.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tsoj
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

M-Rated Pokemon anything is just ridiculous..lol

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

M-Rated Pokemon anything is just ridiculous..lol

This. Pokemon is supposed to be a kids game, even if adults can enjoy it.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Why attach the Pokemon name to this when it's out of place for the series? This could be pitched as a new/original idea.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_red_viper  Moderator

@darthvxder: @jumpstart55: well let me give you a different point of view. Pokemon games are pretty much all about monstrous animals tearing each other apart with fire, lightning, poison and pretty much any force of nature or out of nature that you can think about. The only thing ridiculous about it is that there is zero death and destruction involved. Of course it's because they're kid-friendly games, but what if it wasn't? What if Pokemon was reimagined as being as much realistic as ot can possibly be? Think Skyrim... but with Charizard instead of the dragons. Or packs of feral Growlithes instead of wolves. It would paint the world of Pokemon in a whole different color that I think would fit perfectly, if done right.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if Pikachu is dark and brooding and has a mother named Martha. I need a Heisenberg-voiced Pikachu yelling "MARTHAAAAA!!!" In my life.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By jumpstart55

@the_red_viper said:

@darthvxder: @jumpstart55: well let me give you a different point of view. Pokemon games are pretty much all about monstrous animals tearing each other apart with fire, lightning, poison and pretty much any force of nature or out of nature that you can think about. The only thing ridiculous about it is that there is zero death and destruction involved. Of course it's because they're kid-friendly games, but what if it wasn't? What if Pokemon was reimagined as being as much realistic as ot can possibly be? Think Skyrim... but with Charizard instead of the dragons. Or packs of feral Growlithes instead of wolves. It would paint the world of Pokemon in a whole different color that I think would fit perfectly, if done right.

If you want a dark variation of Pokemon why not create just some new based on that cocept..Not you specifically i,m just speaking in general..An adult game based on Pokemon themes such as trainers engaging in competitions with monstrous mutant animals is intriguing..But the idea of someone perverting the actual Pokemon franchise to appeal to an adult market, doesn't sit well with me..I would much prefer an entirely new franchise based on the Pokemon concept with adult themes..I dont know how old you are, but ill just assume for now that your llike me and that you grew up with classic Pokemon as a kid..In which were pass that target market, let the new kids enjoy it..Like i said if you want something like Pokemon but more adult based, creating a new franchise is the way to go, and it would open a much wider door of possibilities.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@jumpstart55: *shrug* I get what you say, but I would still play the sh*t out of any M-rated Pokemon title probably. I don't see it as "perverting" the franchise but as trying a new PoV for it. The only thing that doesn't seem to sit well with you is that Pokemon is known worldwide as a kid-friendly franchise and you can't get yourself to imagine it as anything other than that, especially things like what I described that involve gore and spare very little, like most other RPG franchises. I think that combining the world of Pokemon, which involves quite a lot of strategy and planning as it is, with modern quality RPG concepts similar to titles such as The Witcher or The Elder Scrolls, if done right would make it really amazing. Not to mention that the Pokemon-verse already has tons of lore that can be used to create a beautiful story.

And to be honest, creating a new title of humans training monsters and using them to fight in a video game could be considered plagiarism :P

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I would buy the game if it came out because it seems really interenting but you have to remember that the Pokemon world is peacefull, non of the pokemon eat each other because they eat berries and what not and they only fight if trainers make them (thats until they can no longer go) or if they are fighting for food and even then the weaker pokemon runs away. A game like that would defy the logic of the games and tv show/manga.

Its cool but just too far off what pokemon is if you get what I mean, mortly because of the gore, not because they all couldnt just go wild.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_red_viper: The snyder is strong with you...

but you are not zack snyder yet...

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a fan game could be made out of it. Who knows.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zetsu-San

@the_red_viper: I don't see why everyone equates edginess to realism. Pokemon aren't entirely physical beings, nor are their powers entirely physical in nature; so it makes sense that they can survive massive attacks without permanent injury. I find that no more hard to believe than the idea that they have all these powers in the first place.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I would buy the game if it came out because it seems really interenting but you have to remember that the Pokemon world is peacefull, non of the pokemon eat each other because they eat berries and what not and they only fight if trainers make them (thats until they can no longer go) or if they are fighting for food and even then the weaker pokemon runs away. A game like that would defy the logic of the games and tv show/manga.

Its cool but just too far off what pokemon is if you get what I mean, mortly because of the gore, not because they all couldnt just go wild.

Pokemon do eat each other, it's referenced in pokedex entries.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An adult oriented Pokemon game, yes. Your pokemon idea? Nah

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

An adult oriented Pokemon game, yes. Your pokemon idea? Nah

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Wut. Its official you just ruined the last innocent thing I had in my life. The horror.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Digimon translates to an older audience FAR better than Pokemon ever will.

Turncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't imagine an apocalyptic Jigglypuff

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gardevoir can create small black holes by using its full psychic might. Gengar hide in the shadows to kill people. Victreebel eat people who stray into its territory. Gyarados have been known to go into city-destroying rages. Slowking are as intelligent as the smartest scientists humanity has ever produced. These are just a few examples from the Pokédex.

If Pokémon went rogue on humanity, even the humans of the Pokémon world with their crazy advanced tech would die.

Also, we don't need grim-dark Pokémon. It's fine the way it is.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_red_viper  Moderator

@zetsumoto: @darthvxder: Alice in Wonderland is also a (supposedly) children's story. But there's still a slasher game based off it which goes quite well.

I think that a story where Team Rocket or some other evil antagonist creates some virus or something that makes Pokemon go rogue and you go save the world would make sense in the world of Pokemon.

And what I mean by adding realism is that in the regular Pokemon games you can unleash earthquakes and tidal waves and storms but everything would be OK. I want a game where you can use Earthquake but it would destroy everything in your vicinity. Things like that.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Why attach the Pokemon name to this when it's out of place for the series? This could be pitched as a new/original idea.

Pokemon actually eat each other as well. its mentioned in the pokedex