I've never seen the Green Lantern movie.

Avatar image for lieutenant_awkward
Lieutenant_Awkward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just wondering, why did everyone think it was terrible? I'm not sure if there's already a thread about this, I apologize if there is.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@lieutenant_awkward: If I remember correctly, I think I just found it very clichéd, predictable and kind of dull.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think it was that bad but it wasn't good enough for a 200 mil hollywood movie. It felt like it was made for the CW. It should have been like Batman Begins, what we got was Arrow.

pr0xyt0xin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So. Many things. First, I like Ryan Reynolds. But I think he was an imperfect casting choice. Not how I picture Hal Jordan. There was also the matter of terrible scripting and lame plot. DC has the right idea with the epicness that is TDK and what Man of Steel is shaping up to be. They don't need to make these children's stories. They need to make them GOOD stories. The children will follow either way. Parallax was a big fat facepalm.

It's not as bad as Catwoman or Batman & Robin... I give it a 5/10

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible script. Awful suit. Bad Kronallax. WAY too little Green Lantern Corps, and they're made from bad CGI at that. Too much angst from Hal, whose defining characteristic is being fearless and full of willpower. Also, the triumphant victory scene after the climax, where the Corps are celebrating their victory, is literally just a recycled CGI shot THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SHOWN IN THE FILM, with different dialogue.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

It was alright I guess. I actually dont remember much about it, maybe it was so bad its become a repressed memory for me?

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Parralax was the big problem, and so was Hector Hammond.

IT woulda been better to use Atrocitus, or perhaps Krona as a "host" of Parralax. Make him in human form. But most the antagonist was awful, and Hal's hero journey was... meh.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeonGameWave

The presentation did have its moments but the story as well as the dialogue was very inauthentic and underperformed also the movie overall was very disappointing. The only good thing about the movie would probably be Mark Strong`s performance as Sinestro.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

You never saw it? Well, don't!

blackwolf0925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I remember correctly wasn't the enemy one giant fart cloud. That is all I can really remember from the movie myself.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By BlueLantern1995

I actually liked it. I found Ryan Reynolds to be cast well as Hal(albeit not the best casting choice) and he actually overcame a lot of the movie's weaknesses. The Parallax gas cloud was to much and the casting for Carol was atrocious. Despite these problems I enjoyed the movie.

I also have to praise Mark Strong's casting as Sinestro which was top notch.

This movie was overly anticipated and was Overly criticized in this person's opinion. Am I saying it was the best movie since Dark Knight? No way. Am I saying it was at least passable? Yes.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By 2chimcha3

Before I read comics, i thought it was pretty good. Looking back at it now, it kinda sucked. It wasn't abysmal but it didn't flow well and with all these other superheroes getting super movies, Green Lantern just failed to meet their level.

Avatar image for deactivated-632c98ad46ce5
deactivated-632c98ad46ce5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The presentation did have its moments but the story as well as the dialogue was very inauthentic and underperformed also the movie overall was very disappointing. The only good thing about the movie would probably be Mark Strong`s performance as Sinestro.

Mark Strong is always good though. Need a badass villain? Get Mark Strong.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@lieutenant_awkward: If I remember correctly, I think I just found it very clichéd, predictable and kind of dull.

This. And the CGI costume looks ridiculous.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By sinestro_GL

@lieutenant_awkward: How I envy you. The film was so crap on so many levels, which is a damn shame because the source material, Green Lantern: Secret Origin, was a superb book.

If you do want to watch a GL film, stick to the animated stuff like 'Justice League New Frontier', 'Green Lantern First Slight' and 'Green Lantern Emerald Knights' (not to be confused with Parallax: Emerald Night which f***ed Hal Jordan over)

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I didn't have the level of problems that most people did with it. As mentioned, can't beat Mark Strong as Sinestro. I don't think Hector was that bad, but there were problems in the execution of his storyline and eventual defeat. Heck, it'd be difficult to portray a lot of Hal's enemies in films, to be honest.

Parallax and Carol were the only big issues. Ryan made a decent rookie Hal, in my opinion. Sinestro Corps War follow-up would have been a fun time.