• Animal Man Vol. 2: Origin of the Species

• Animal Man Vol. 3: Deus Ex Machina

• Doom Patrol Vol. 1: Crawling from the Wreckage

• Justice League: A New Beginning

• Modern Masters 10: Kevin Maguire

Pre-Ordered:

• All-Star Superman Vol. 1

• Planet Hulk Hardcover (14 issues)

Man-o-man. That was some good reading! I got Modern Masters first, so I read that right off the bat. The whole interview with Kevin was really inspiring, and it really helped me develop some more as a (would-be) artist. It was spectacularly awesome to see all of his work as he progressed through the industry, and then all of his unreleased stuff. There were sketches of Thor and Superman arm-wrestling, Vision fighting Martian Manhunter, and my favorite was another take on the first JLI cover, but instead of the League, it had characters like Hellboy, Black Bolt, Animal Man, Dream, Daredevil, Namor, etc... All great stuff.

I then proceeded to read Doom Patrol, which I previously knew nothing about, and am now dying to read the next volume. I really wish there was a team like that in the DCU right now, because just seeing all these absolutely insane people tackling absolutely insane situations is great.

After that, I re-read JL: A New Beginning, since I had already owned it before. Of course, it's still awesome. Much love for JLI team members and the Gffen+DeMatteis+Maguire team. I only wish that they'd collected more of the series.

And on to Animal Man: Holy crap. I'd read the first volume before, and now finishing the series, I'm completely blown away. That easily has to make it into my top-5 comic-reading experiences. Morrison was too good for words, and I can't wait to see what he's doing with Buddy now on 52. God. That was an amazing read. Highly recommended to anybody.
Post Edited:2007-03-28 23:35:09
Post Edited:2007-03-28 23:35:49

#2 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (748 posts) - - Show Bio

Pictures? Like I did with the first contest?

#3 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

You gotta post pictures too! Sounds like you had fun reading those ones.

#4 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah like the first contest, but you could also do pictures of you with exaggerated faces of reading the book. I dunno, I guess you could use the books and hold them up like a paper fan or something like that.

<3

#5 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (748 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll think of something. Sounds like a plan!

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
#6 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

I never got mine, I need to talk to Cascader about that.