I Need Your Help

daYankee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daYankee

im trying to get in to reading dc comics. what current series do you guys recomend i read?

Shonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shonen
Yankee said:
"im trying to get in to reading dc comics. what current series do you guys recomend i read?"
I recommend starting off with "Superman's New Krypton series"  it's really an interesting storyline.

You could probably find it here
http://comicsworld.wordpress.com/category/marvel-knights/

Just search for superman

The new "Justice league of america" , well at the beginning was also very interesting as well if you want to give it a shot.
daYankee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daYankee

thanks.

anyone else have some recommendations?

Johnny Knights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Johnny Knights

idk im not into the recent DC but i can recommend some novels from them. The watchmen and Kingdom Come. I love them both. there written incredibly well. oh so is the infinity crisis

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Zoom

Current DC?

Don't read Final Crisis.  Not because it's a bad book but because it'll be confusing if you don't know the characters and there are a LOT of characters.  Also don't read anything that says "McKeever" or "Winnick" on the cover.  GL Corps and Secret Six have been pretty dang good lately, but honestly, I'd start out with a trade if I were you.

Identity Crisis and Kingdom Come are probably the best two jump on points for the entire DCU.  If you know more about which character you are interested in, I can recommend some others: Flash: Rogues, Flash: Secret of Barry Allen (followed by Rogue War), Green Arrow: Quiver (followed by Sound of Violence and Archer's Quest), 52 vol 1-4, Batman: No Man's Land, Batman: Knightfall, Batman: Hush, Teen Titans: Judas Contract, and Villains United are all relatively easy to find trades that are good reads for their respective characters or teams.

Justice League trades by Morrison and Justice Society (JSA) trades by Johns are also recommended.