I don't see Civil War beating Batman v Superman

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jayc1324 said:

Pack as many heroes into Civil War as you want, it still won't beat Batman and Superman.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Lol

To be fair it was a tough call.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Saberscar223

Marvel studios might as wepl shut down. Bvs will stomp in the box office.

hahahahahahahahahahahah

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

BvS was better

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

@jayc1324 said:

Pack as many heroes into Civil War as you want, it still won't beat Batman and Superman.

No Caption Provided

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War is probably going to be the better movie. Judging from what I've seen of both director's respective works, The Russo Brothers are more capable that Zack Snyder. Both of them will be amazing to watch 4 sure.

Aye

Avatar image for deactivated-5a3162faeafe3
deactivated-5a3162faeafe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Civil War did...beat BvS at the box office, and it was well-received unlike BvS. Civil War was just a better movie.

EDIT: Sorry did not look to see how old this thread is. My bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By uugieboogie

Petty lol

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ya'll petty as hell lmao

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry ?Some of these comments had me rolling I wasnt a really a member when this thread was made.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: I was right (personally). Civil war was a lot better but I enjoyed both.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By AbstractRaze

Really disgusting to see many people spamming laughing GIFs without even any statement as sustenance, be more politely with each other and learn some manners, however I will put my grains of sand on the subject,

The Civil War is far more complex based on the structuration of the story, we have there scenarios about treason, far more drama, persecutions even spying, foundations of underground alliances, etc..., while on the DC side, we're witnessing the beginnings of the Justice League, both situations are a lot different.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: how is Civil War better? Well, no out of place, unexplained dream sequences, no blatant and cheap set up for future movies (Cc: Justice League), more fleshed out ideological differences, where people were on the fence on who they side with in Civil War, a much better protagonist (as opposed to Cavill, who barely says nothing and spends most of the movie being spoken to), Robert Downey Jr's acting, less plot-holes, stronger character motivations, less wasted characters (even Black Panther gets his own arc), better writing. Those are just some of the reasons why One might consider BvS better.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: I didn't say it was worse. I'm just curious to hear allstars opinion

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Gotta love the "Ha ha, you were wrong!" Bumps -_-

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey
Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

My thoughts exactly, not to mention we didn't even get a fight in B v S until the last 20 mins of the movie (Whereas we had several in CW), and the last 10 mins of B v S was a dragged out funeral (So the ending sucked compared to CW).

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War is better, you can't deny it. You can like BvS more, but Civil War, is a better financial, critical, commercial, and fan succez, you can't deny it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow411: the titular fight in BvS was a monumental let down. After seeing the Smallville battle in MoS, I was certain Snyder would deliver on a behemoth of a fight, but it was so slow, brief, fake looking, boring and one-sided. I never thought I'd say with Batman beating up random thugs would be cooler than Batman fighting SUPERMAN, but here we are ?

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necronn- said:

Civil War is better, you can't deny it. You can like BvS more, but Civil War, is a better financial, critical, commercial, and fan succez, you can't deny it.

Yes I can.

Batman v Superman is better.

There, I denied it.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I definitely liked BvS more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: That Martha part musta got you in the feels. Or Eisenbergs performance. But most of all Doomsday's excellent CGI.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wonder how stupid the OP of this thread must feel right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're really bumping this thread just to laugh at this guy? XD

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necronn- said:

@petey_is_spidey: That Martha part musta got you in the feels. Or Eisenbergs performance. But most of all Doomsday's excellent CGI.

No, the better and more engaging story, better cinematography, and better suspense is what got me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Ahh yes, who could deny, the engaging plot of a murderous Batman, based of the character who's main schtick is not murdering, trying to kill a hero, who also kills people, based off of a character who's main shtick is also not killing, all bound together by Lex Luthor's cartoon equivalent, complete with his, convoluted plan.

And the cinemetography, the ultimate judge of a movie's quality.

And then the suspense, because we totally thought Superman would die. After they started to set up the Justice League movie. Totally not using characters just to set up more movies.

And the 37% drop in sales, after the first cemented it as a critical success, despite movies like Batman and Robin, not even dropping like that.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looooooooool

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@necronn- said:

No, the better and more engaging story, better cinematography, and better suspense is what got me.

Better story? Better suspense? How so?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A year later, and it looks like another fight or two is bound to break out

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@Pokeysteve: how is Civil War better? Well, no out of place, unexplained dream sequences, no blatant and cheap set up for future movies (Cc: Justice League), more fleshed out ideological differences, where people were on the fence on who they side with in Civil War, a much better protagonist (as opposed to Cavill, who barely says nothing and spends most of the movie being spoken to), Robert Downey Jr's acting, less plot-holes, stronger character motivations, less wasted characters (even Black Panther gets his own arc), better writing. Those are just some of the reasons why One might consider BvS better.

-No blatant and cheap set up for future movies?! Are you kidding? The ENTIRE MCU is a cheap set up for future movies!
-Civil War had more fleshed out differences by explaining them to you. BvS showed them to you. I don't know anyone who was one the fence about who they sided with.
-Who was the protagonist? I saw Iron Man as one of the villains. He's responsible for thousands of deaths and gets off scott free (accidental Mr. Miracle sex joke). You had to be an Iron Man fanboy to back him in that. Cavill didn't need to hear his own voice every 5 minutes to get his arc across.
-Downey Jr.'s playing himself you mean? The Civil War cast does not compare to the BvS cast. Adams alone has dozens of nominations/awards.
-What plot holes? Something along the lines of Cap breaking his friends out of one of the most secure prisons in existence even though he can barely operate a cell phone?
-The only motivated characters were Stark (to save his own ass) and Cap (standing up for what he believed was right).
-You could argue CW had better writing but I'd argue it had a simpler generic plot. There was no complexity.

One could argue the topics you've mentioned but I'll be there to argue against them. Except if someone mentions Lex........yeah I got nothing there haha he was terrible. Still a better villain than Zemo though. Civil War had more characters and more punchy punchy and that's all people cared about.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Saberscar223

@Pokeysteve: Id say a majority of the Human Race agrees that civil war is the better movie wouldn't you say? Regardless of your opinion or my opinion most people prefer Civil War as the better movie. I personally loved civil war top 3 CBM of all time for me

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I find funny is the DCEU bash. Like... don't you have a life? You gotta scour old BvS prediction threads just to find purpose?

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a trip down memory lane ??.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve:

No blatant and cheap set up for future movies?! Are you kidding? The ENTIRE MCU is a cheap set up for future movies!

Yup. I don't remember a scene in Civil War where a character sits down and watches video- no, screw that, basically trailers for future movies. I don't remember a random, unexplained dream sequence inside another dream that made even hardcore fans go WTF.

Civil War had more fleshed out differences by explaining them to you. BvS showed them to you. I don't know anyone who was one the fence about who they sided with.

Civil War divided audiences: some of who sided with Tony and saw the pro's of government supervision, and others who sided with Steve: that people will die, and that governments have their own agenda's that can change. The conflict Batman and Superman wasn't as ideologically compelling.

Who was the protagonist? I saw Iron Man as one of the villains. He's responsible for thousands of deaths and gets off scott free (accidental Mr. Miracle sex joke). You had to be an Iron Man fanboy to back him in that. Cavill didn't need to hear his own voice every 5 minutes to get his arc across.

Nice try. Captain America is the protagonist.

Superman in BvS is a bad protagonist. Characters are defined by their choices: they have a goal, they reach an obstacle, and they have two valid options of getting around the issue.

Superman's choices change nothing. Write about Batman, or write about football? Lol. Those aren't two valid options, and choosing to write about Batman changes nothing. The same goes for when he flies down and demolishes Batman's batmobile. It changes nothing. Batman was already going after Superman, and he still goes after Superman, and Batman gets the Kryptonite anyway. This also goes for the fight scene between Batman and Superman. He doesn't even fight Batman because of his own disdain against Batman. The courtroom scene changes nothing. What's his goal in the movie? Wander around and have people talk to him? Where are his valid options? How do his choices impact the plot? You can't just lazily write a character and then have him sacrifice himself when the movie's almost about to end! What about the fight against Batman? Where he gives up on reasoning with Batman 30 seconds in and instead punches him. "Save Martha!" Now you care. I have no empathy for this stupid character who finds killing beating up this guy more important than saving his mother. He's a poorly written character.

The movie also doesn't add emotional goals to any of the choices present later on in the movie.

Imagine if instead of making it Batman's moment ("I promise, Martha won't die tonight") it could've been Superman saying "can you save her?" That would've given more weight to the I failed him in life, I won't fail him in death, as Superman believed in Batman, instead of just saying "m'kay" to Batman's proposal. How about a line of dialogue during the Doomsday fight where Clark asks Diana and Bruce to fight the monster while he saves the drowning Lois. That one line would've gone a long way in fleshing out character dynamics and showing us Superman as the glue holding them together.

Downey Jr.'s playing himself you mean?

That's a silly way of underselling good acting. Great acting isn't about being a chameleon. It's about telling a story, portraying convincing emotions etc. Downey Jr. killed that scene where he finds out Bucky killed his mother.

Adams alone has dozens of nominations/awards.

I care about their performance in this movie.

The only motivated characters were Stark (to save his own ass) and Cap (standing up for what he believed was right).

You couldn't be more wrong. Stark is motivated by guilt, and also to save himself. Cap is motivated by standing up for what is right. Black Panther is motivated by vengeance, but then realises he doesn't want to be consumed by it. Scarlett Witch wants to overcome her fear. Zemo is a man who lost everything and is trying to fulfill his life with purpose by killing The Avengers.

There was no complexity.

But there's complexity in BvS?

Edit: anyway man, just like whatever you wanna like, that's cool. Just want you to consider my opinion.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Civil war stomps. BvS sucked

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers