I Don't Like These Changes!!!

misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 118

Edited By misterz173
I don't like the sound of any of the changes Dc is going to make with the Flashpoint story arc. For example, their turning Wonder girl into a thief, and Supergirl into an uncaring heroine. I don't even know who these characters are anymore. Some of these changes will ruin some of my favorite DC heroes for me! I know some changes are necessary, but this is too much! All I know is, after they make these character changes, some of my favorite DC characters won't be my favorites anymore. I may have to stop reading DC Comics for awhile, at least until they put the characters back the way they are supposed to be! To me, the Flashpoint story arc is DC's equivalent  of Marvel's Brand New Day story arc. In other words, DC is making a horrible mistake!
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

You haven't even read the stories yet.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

Read them first and then judge. You never know. You might like the changes.

misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 118

#3  Edited By misterz173

Even If I read the stories, I'll still not like the changes. These changes will confuse allot of readers, I can tell you that.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
Embrace Change
Embrace Change
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@JediXMan said:
Embrace Change
Embrace Change
Why? Marvel hasn't....
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@War Killer

Simply a jest, good man. Simply a jest.
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like the changes

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

@misterz173 said:

Even If I read the stories, I'll still not like the changes.

I'm going to stress again that you haven't even read them yet. You have no idea whether you'll like the changes or not and if you go into it with a negative mind-set, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

These changes will confuse allot of readers, I can tell you that.

Not really. People from the older generation of comic readers know that DC does this from time to time and anybody who's been reading comics even for a short amount of time should be familiar enough with how they work to understand what's going on.

On the flip side of that we have all the new readers that this will potentially attract who don't have to worry about being bogged down with years upon years of confusing continuity.

You seem intent to look at all the negatives, when there are also plenty of positives to be had.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Adnan

Atleast wait for some reviews to come in - if it's bad, then you can rant with some context to support your claims.

Also, this feels more like House of M than Brand New Day to me. Minor characters are being buffed, a couple major characters undergoing change, but the overall continuity is (supposedly) still there.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Loki9876

I don't like them either and for some weird reason everybody stays calm. It's so weird how many times I heard someone say they will never read marvel comics again for some little change and DC reboots every major character they know and everybody is okay with t?

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#11  Edited By Mighty Thorion

No one knows if they like the changes or not yet, because none of us have read the stories or seen the results. We may or may not like the sound of the changes, or we may or may not like the fact that the changes are happening but we can't prejudge how we will feel when the changes are implemented. I'm looking forward to the results, and am particularly looking forward to the revamped Justice League.

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By B'Town

Hey you know what???  I don't like these changes either.  I pull quite a few DC books, not one of them has been improved upon by any of these changes.   

I don't need to read the books to know that I don't like the changes.  Namely Birds of Prey, Batgirl, Batman & Robin, there's a whole lot of sucking going on here.  The thing is... there will be good books after Flashpoint.  Even if they are not what I want right now, the changes in the long run may quite possibly be perfect.  Simone writing Batgirl, with Barbara rocking the purple, can it get anymore beautiful then that???  I don't think so.   

As mad as this makes me, as much as I know it sucks, I'll still buy my favorite books and give them a fair chance to knock my socks off.  You have to know, these writers and artists, love these characters and books as much as we do.  They will want to do them justice.  So, as much as I'm hating all this, I also know I have to have a little faith in the talented folk who give us these stories. 

Take a deep breath. relax.  Let's see where they take us. 

edit: sp 

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#13  Edited By Mighty Thorion

So are you in favour of the upcoming changes to Batgirl or not? In one sentence you include her in the things that "suck" and in the next paragraph you are looking forward to Simone's interpretation of the character. 

djotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 367

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By djotaku

"strangely" most of the changes are in the Superman cast of chars and places where Superman intersects with others (like JLA).  Batman seems mostly unchanged.  Even Barb as Batgirl - the rumors are that she's still wheelchair-bound just using some Wayne-tech to be Batgirl again.