Hulk was definitely smaller in Endgame.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#1 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember people were arguing that Hulk was the same size as he has always been. I don’t believe this is the case. I remember him being noticeably smaller than usual.

In this first picture you can see his height at the end of Ragnarok. He is much taller and larger than Korg.

No Caption Provided

In Endgame, in a shot of them together, he is definitely smaller.

No Caption Provided

I know this has been argued a lot, but makes me wonder if he was officially nerfed in Endgame.

Avatar image for lobotomisi
#3 Posted by lobotomisi (24 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty obvious he was smaller and even moreso that he was nerfed like everyone else with a Y Chromosome not named Thanos

Funny, we get passive-aggressive comments like this for every movie where some female characters get their turn to shine.

Captain America was practically plot-armor all over throughout the third act of the film.

The 2014 Nebula was killed off in one shot.

Mantis wasn't doing anything else worthwhile besides putting one of Thanos' minion to sleep.

Black Widow was weak as hell in Avengers: Endgame if she's struggling against Hawkeye.

Also, related to the main topic: That "nerfed" Hulk survived the effort of using the Infinity Gauntlet and has also stated that no one else other than Thanos could survive the usage. Battle feats wise obviously Hulk was nerfed, but he clearly shown durability feats in the Infinity Gauntlet usage scene.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#4 Edited by Supermanfan1938 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

They botched Hulk so bad, and I'm not even talking about his size or power level

Avatar image for meibar
#5 Posted by Meibar (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations, you have eyes

Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#6 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio

@meibar:

People were arguing that he wasn’t any smaller or different, genius.

This is visual confirmation.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#7 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_threadder said:

It's pretty obvious he was smaller and even moreso that he was nerfed like everyone else with a Y Chromosome not named Thanos

Funny, we get passive-aggressive comments like this for every movie where some female characters get their turn to shine.

Captain America was practically plot-armor all over throughout the third act of the film.

The 2014 Nebula was killed off in one shot.

Mantis wasn't doing anything else worthwhile besides putting one of Thanos' minion to sleep.

Black Widow was weak as hell in Avengers: Endgame if she's struggling against Hawkeye.

Also, related to the main topic: That "nerfed" Hulk survived the effort of using the Infinity Gauntlet and has also stated that no one else other than Thanos could survive the usage. Battle feats wise obviously Hulk was nerfed, but he clearly shown durability feats in the Infinity Gauntlet usage scene.

It wasn't a durability feat, he could pull it off because he's resilient to gamma radiation (being the Hulk and all)

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#8 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

Endgame was a really good movie.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#9 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Endgame was a really good movie.

Not really related to the topic but okay

Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#10 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lobotomisi
#11 Posted by lobotomisi (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@lobotomisi said:
@the_threadder said:

It's pretty obvious he was smaller and even moreso that he was nerfed like everyone else with a Y Chromosome not named Thanos

Funny, we get passive-aggressive comments like this for every movie where some female characters get their turn to shine.

Captain America was practically plot-armor all over throughout the third act of the film.

The 2014 Nebula was killed off in one shot.

Mantis wasn't doing anything else worthwhile besides putting one of Thanos' minion to sleep.

Black Widow was weak as hell in Avengers: Endgame if she's struggling against Hawkeye.

Also, related to the main topic: That "nerfed" Hulk survived the effort of using the Infinity Gauntlet and has also stated that no one else other than Thanos could survive the usage. Battle feats wise obviously Hulk was nerfed, but he clearly shown durability feats in the Infinity Gauntlet usage scene.

It wasn't a durability feat, he could pull it off because he's resilient to gamma radiation (being the Hulk and all)

That logically makes sense, but based on audience perception it will count as a durability feat.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#12 Edited by IndomitableRegal (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanfan1938 said:
@indomitableregal said:

Endgame was a really good movie.

Not really related to the topic but okay

Well it seems the most popular thing to do on CV is criticize and pick apart every detail of the film, even if they've been debunked. So I felt like going the opposite direction.

Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#13 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal:

I’m not saying the movie was bad at all. Thor and Hulk have been a topic of conversation since the movie came out.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#14 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: I wasn't specifically talking about you. I know you were just bringing up the size. But of course that transitions straight into the nerfed conversation, which inevitably leads to Endgame hate.

Avatar image for mekboy
#15 Posted by Mekboy (2815 posts) - - Show Bio

They botched Hulk so bad, and I'm not even talking about his size or power level

Avatar image for takenstew22
#16 Posted by TakenStew22 (4301 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lobotomisi
#17 Posted by lobotomisi (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: I wasn't specifically talking about you. I know you were just bringing up the size. But of course that transitions straight into the nerfed conversation, which inevitably leads to Endgame hate.

are there really people on this forum who hated a movie because a featured fictional character is weakened?

Avatar image for takenstew22
#18 Posted by TakenStew22 (4301 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal said:

@mr_shazam0920: I wasn't specifically talking about you. I know you were just bringing up the size. But of course that transitions straight into the nerfed conversation, which inevitably leads to Endgame hate.

are there really people on this forum who hated a movie because a featured fictional character is weakened?

Yep.

Avatar image for thehercules
#19 Edited by TheHercules (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for takenstew22
#20 Posted by TakenStew22 (4301 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#21 Edited by IndomitableRegal (17311 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thorofasgard
#22 Edited by ThorofAsgard (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: makes it kind of hard to enjoy to me, not to mention the story was also subpar

Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#23 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorofasgard:

In no story can they have one character just solo the big bad. Look in JL how that was a disaster with Superman.

Avatar image for rogueshadow
#24 Posted by rogueshadow (29559 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fact, it was shown in a bts video. He's a foot shorter.

Moderator
Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#25 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rogueshadow
#26 Posted by rogueshadow (29559 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#27 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rogueshadow
#28 Posted by rogueshadow (29559 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
Avatar image for namebk
#29 Posted by Namebk (1597 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured he was.

Avatar image for marvelx14
#30 Posted by Marvelx14 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumb thread. It couldn't be any more obvious that he's shorter and slimmer

Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#31 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for starbrander
#33 Posted by Starbrander (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty obvious he was smaller. It was immediately visible.

Avatar image for killbilly
#34 Posted by KillBilly (3044 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares.

Avatar image for mtuske
#35 Posted by mtuske (3476 posts) - - Show Bio

It's completely fine to not like how they ruined Hulk and Thor and this movie. Especially Hulk as he served no purpose the whole series really outside of Avengers 1. His dab was almost as cringy as the lets gets them girls scene. If they didn't want him to be OP then don't have him. They made Captain Marvel OP and she'll never have a fault or lose a fight in any movie without crazy plot which is just as bad as nerfing story wise. She'll be able to solo DCEU by her next movie.

Online
Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#36 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for mazahs117
#37 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13368 posts) - - Show Bio

Bottom line is after AoU, Hulk has been handled pretty badly imo. It was setup perfectly for him to have some redemption in Endgame, but MARVEL felt otherwise for reasons I’ll probably never understand ...they setup Widow dying, after this unspoken relationship with her and Banner, and instead having Hulk remember who he is and having the ultimate Hulk-out moment...he throws a bench 😶. I don’t get it.

Online
Avatar image for killbilly
#38 Posted by KillBilly (3044 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly:

You obviously do enough to comment.

Only insofar as I want to put people off from making threads like these in the future.

Avatar image for jojjimbo
#39 Posted by jojjimbo (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember people were arguing that Hulk was the same size as he has always been. I don’t believe this is the case. I remember him being noticeably smaller than usual.

In this first picture you can see his height at the end of Ragnarok. He is much taller and larger than Korg.

No Caption Provided

In Endgame, in a shot of them together, he is definitely smaller.

No Caption Provided

I know this has been argued a lot, but makes me wonder if he was officially nerfed in Endgame.

Well of course hes smaller...hes "Professor Hulk" in this movie, now...i don't know if they followed the comics on this? but Professor Hulk is smaller and physically weaker than Savage Hulk. so that would explain why this Hulk is smaller and not as strong. or at least that's my theory. but yes he was shorter.

Avatar image for mr_shazam0920
#40 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5701 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly:

I didn’t know it was ruining your day.

Avatar image for killbilly
#41 Posted by KillBilly (3044 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: We've had multiple threads of this type in the last week. It's just getting a little annoying. Not so much that it's "ruining my day" but enough that I feel it's worth commenting on.

Avatar image for shadowrazer24
#43 Posted by ShadowRazer24 (407 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lan_fan
#44 Posted by Lan_Fan (18115 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at people saying "it's so obvious", yeah, it's obvious alright... Just not to blind Thanos fans, and hardcore MCU fans. If you ever find someone who thinks Thor was at full power and fought at his fullest potential against Thanos in Endgame, he's also gonna think Endgame Hulk wasn't a joke and was at the same height as the classic version. I don't even understand why that's a thing.