Hulk being disrespected??

elfabiano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elfabiano

I know a lot of people love the new hulk, or don't really care but Hulk has not been portrayed how he should be! Hulk needs to be aggressive and powerful, he is more powerful than majority (not all) of the Avengers, not saying he should be the number 1, but at least give him some scenes where they show his special abilities?! I mean since the Hulk movie in 2008, Marvel have not really honoured one of their most classic heroes by not showing his abilities, when was the last time we saw hulk actually do something? I mean apart from banner, why don't we see hulk's classic massive leaps and rage which in uncontrollable?! the last time they really did the Hulk justice was in the 2003 hulk (my opinion), they showed more about his healing, his strength, rage,(not to mention the storyline is incredible for such an early movie, before MCU) and GAMA RADIATION, endgame is the first time they even mention that?!

I was pretty excited to see what they had in store for hulk in endgame after Ragnarok as it seems to follow the world breaker Hulk storyline, if you know how hectic that is, you know how powerful he can be! and seeing him merge into hulk x banner means it will hopefully happen to redeem the hulk

Again, I'm not saying he should be the MOST powerful in the Avengers, but he should at least be given the respect THE HULK deserves by showing his unique abilities, just like they do for iron man, captain america, thor, etc.

Marvel are sleeping on the hulk, and are disrespecting their own origins.

What do you guys think? Not saying he sucks in the movies, but they could do so much more with him.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Oof.

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HereForOneShot

They did give him the respect due. They showcased Hulk's extreme durability when he withstood the effort of reviving half the population that was killed by Thanos.

End of story.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk showed that even weaker than normal, he's more durable than Iron Man in his strongest suit ever. He snapped back half the universe. Iron Man snapped away an army that had already suffered high casualties.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fodderulk

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost every complaint I've seen about the movie has been the lack of Hulk in fight scenes. Everyone loves the movies, they even like BannerHulk but they do think he's been disrespected. This is not a hot take at all.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can’t understand people when they bring up 08 Hulk as the best or last time Hulk was done Justice. First of all, it’s the same damn Hulk, secondly it’s the weakest Hulk’s ever been on screen just cuz he snarls more doesn’t mean he’s “the best”.

This bashing of MCU Hulk needs to stop, yes it’s a shame he hasn’t had a massive moment to shine recently but that’s because he already got it and was treated specially at the beginning of the MCU (first 2 phases).

Pre Infinity War, Hulk legitimately steamrolled through every opponent he faced, easily the strongest Avenger and only lost to Hulkbuster Iron Man because he had calmed down before Tony sucker punched him (much in the same way Hulk sucker punched Thor in A1). He dominates literally everyone except Thor when he achieves god Mode, Fenrir and Surtur (yet still manages to knock a fully powered Surtur back a bit and is unaffected by his blow while Thor seemed afraid of him). Then he proceeded to be the only Avenger barring Captain Marvel (which can mostly be attributed to her absorbing the energy of the stones) to do any sort of physical harm to Thanos (and that one shot from Tony) by knocking him on his ass (which literally no other Avenger did except Stormbreaker Thor in IW). And then he proceeds to snap half the ENTIRE UNIVERSE BACK TO LIFE meaning he’s the SECOND person in existence to have the capabilities to do so and then holds up the entire Avengers compound which is the best quantifiable strength feat in the MCU (Thor and his rings feat is complicated).

Put some respect on my boys name.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most agreed.

godlyeon97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would agree for numerous reasons. After AoU, they ruined the character. They had a chance to give us the best Hulk possible, but they made him a big green baby, who was strong, but acted like toddler and just wasn't angry. Infinity War would have been fine had they brought the Hulk back in Endgame, but instead we got Professor Hulk. Nobody wants to see a Hulk that isn't going to fight at some point. Saying "he was the only one who could snap his fingers" is lame, and how they wrote him out of the fight scene doing so was the lamest. Seemed like they were trying to make room for new powerhouses COUGH COUGH CAPTAIN MARVEL. But, yeah, as a hardcore Hulk fan I was upset. However, they've done this to every tough guy except COUGH COUGH CAPTAIN MARVEL.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

um yes they do have total reasons to complain. This is a forum they can voice their disapproval. And I say this as someone who has thoroughly enjoyed the tears of hulkfanboys.. Their disappointment is totally justified.

This bashing of MCU Hulk needs to stop, yes it’s a shame he hasn’t had a massive moment to shine recently but that’s because he already got it and was treated specially at the beginning of the MCU (first 2 phases).

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not even a hulk fanboy, but I really hated how they disrespected the hulk in endgame

And IW.

But hey we wanked both Captains for you.

Avatar image for parker_industries
Parker_Industries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo the mcu buthchered most of the characters, not just hulk

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mekboy said:
@luminoushydra said:

Not even a hulk fanboy, but I really hated how they disrespected the hulk in endgame

And IW.

But hey we wanked both Captains for you.

Neither of them got wanked

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Built a time machine

Snapped back half the Universe

But he's disrespected?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's crippled for life now.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@phisigmatau: First off, I didn’t say that they couldn’t voice their disapproval or dissatisfaction but it is unjustified as my entire post illustrates.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Hulk is getting disrespected and it's quite funny too. People wanting Hulk just to have cool fight scenes is the exact reason why they didn't give him any. Hulk is evolving beyond being some green raging monster who just fights people all the time. Hulk got enough of those scenes in phase 1 and 2.

Avatar image for homelandersweak
Homelandersweak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look how they massacred my boy

zavodovamarina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zavodovamarina

Disrespected is when the character doesn't get much character development or scenes consistent with the source material or not even appearing in a cinematic universe when he is a major feature in the source material.

• Banner was deemed as the only Avenger who can take on the feat of bringing back half of the life in the universe, a feat arguably more effortful than Thanos' simple disintegration of the other half.
  • He is also featured prominently in Thor: Ragnarok and is one of the key contributors to the Time Machine together with Tony Stark in Avengers: Endgame.

Whiny posters is what I would call you people.

Avatar image for taurusaldebaran
TaurusAldebaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They doesn't show respect even for their fanbase.

You expect then to respect their characters?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they gave control of the direction of the character to the Russo’s, whom I believe iirc have openly clowned Hulks character of being “the strongest there is”, and all but neutered him when they took over the Avenger films. MARVEL can also be petty with some of characters that they don’t have the film rights to as well. I remember at one point they all but shutdown F4 comics for a while when FOX had the movie rights to the characters, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of that is at play here too. In any event, we’ll probably never see a proper WWH live action cinema arc, because that requires Disney/MARVEL turning Hulk back into a BAMF which seems to be far from their current priorities for the character unfortunately.