• 87 results
Avatar image for bella_blackstar
#51 Posted by Bella_Blackstar (4284 posts) - - Show Bio

Needing Sentry is like needing to roll in thumb tacks.

You don't

#52 Posted by Spambot (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are so many people bringing up Odin here? Is it because of what Jane did or because it seems like a fight with Odin is likely to happen soon in the story he is being written into?

#54 Posted by jardinain2 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

The Sentry fanboys are much, much worse, trust me. I would take the Thor fanboys over them any time.

I must say part of me wants for Sentry to defeat Odin just for Pr0d1gy and WITB shut the hell with their wank.

They left the site, ages ago. Pr0 just keeps returning under different alts. WITB just mass PM's CV once a week or so with random stuff.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#55 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2691 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh realitywarper how we miss you! Somewhere your dancing a jig of joy.

Sentry>Molecule Man

#56 Posted by lvenger (33535 posts) - - Show Bio

uhh.... I would of rather they brought there Ares back.

Ares got brought back in Contest of Champions. He's still around I think.

#57 Posted by kgb725 (15540 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: You were upset so I decided to spare your feelings yesterday. Also I don't remember anything specific about you so don't pretend I'm obsessrded or anything

Also you were the one who replied to a comment that didn't involve you. Maybe you should learn to practice what you preach

#58 Edited by Lord_Platinum (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:

They left the site, ages ago. Pr0 just keeps returning under different alts. WITB just mass PM's CV once a week or so with random stuff.

So he didn't leave, lol.

Might not be using the same account, but is still around to be a pain in the ass for some users. I also would like to rub on WITB's face how his wanked Odin is not all that(In the case of Sentry indeed fighting/defeating Odin) if he ever decides to post once again.

@spambot said:

Why are so many people bringing up Odin here? Is it because of what Jane did or because it seems like a fight with Odin is likely to happen soon in the story he is being written into?

This one.

No Caption Provided

#59 Posted by jardinain2 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_platinum: He was perma banned like a year ago, he just shows up every now and then.

#60 Posted by TheVivas (15664 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: The only person upset was the one who got salty and left the thread after being called out. That was you. And yes, you obviously seem obsessed because you seem to “remember” schooling me for years and looked up how long I’ve been on this site. You’re a terrible liar.

You joined this thread replying to a comment that didn’t involve you. Ironic huh. So I’ll say it again, stop tagging me and filling this thread with your useless comments.

#61 Edited by Lord_Platinum (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:

: He was perma banned like a year ago, he just shows up every now and then.

Pr0D1gy being perma-banned doesn't matter if the guy STILL often posts and debate in other accounts. He might always end up banned again but is always coming back as well. About WITB is if he ever comes back.

#62 Posted by Lord_Platinum (108 posts) - - Show Bio

I find funny how Doctor Strange is being handled as a guest-star in his OWN SERIES recently. They focus on Loki, Sentry, Kingpin, Spider-Woman and others as much or even more than Strange sometimes.

#63 Posted by MAZAHS117 (9813 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a character I typically follow unless he’s in other books, what happened to Death Seed Sentry?

#64 Posted by Gaoron (3844 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!! At last something interesting in Marvel comics. Can't wait to see old man Odin getting stomped like against Jane :D

#65 Posted by kgb725 (15540 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: You know you weren't the only one in that thread I didn't respond to since yesterday and we were completely civil? Your only response boiled down to youre wrong and im right i dont have time to keep saying the same things when were at an impasse.

I remember ChaosHerc allstarsuperman and acidskull and they haven't been on here in a long time... This site is not that big seeing the same names every day you tend to remember them. I looked up how long you were on here to prove a point you said we haven't interacted before yesterday when that's not the case

Ironic or not I replied to a comment that was completely on topic and then we had a discussion about it afterwards while You came in here to derail the thread for personal reasons .

#66 Edited by TheVivas (15664 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: If you think “completely civil” means “left the thread because I was salty”, then sure you were completely civil. And no, my response was calling out your ludicrous logic, to which your response was salt.

I don’t care who you remember and I never said we never interacted before yesterday. Quit lying.

No, it’s ironic, plain and simple. If you think your comment was completely on topic, then you don’t know what “on topic” means. Now I’ll say it for a third time, stop tagging me and filling this thread with your useless comments.

#67 Posted by kgb725 (15540 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: I'm gonna skip everything you just said and tell you this... It's not that serious. I don't care it's over

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#68 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (3948 posts) - - Show Bio

As someone who was a fan of Sentry and loved Jenkins 18 issue run on the character, I'm all for this. Can't wait.

@lvenger what don't you like about the Sentry? Merely curious.

#69 Posted by KrleAvenger (23305 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

basically Marvel's Superboy Prime only worse.

I wouldn't go that far. At least the Sentry has interesting origin and morals, while Prime is literally a butthurt child/fanboy from the internet who actually has enough powers to complain to the whole Universe because he is bad. Not that Sentry is good by any means, but at least he has some standards, no?

#70 Posted by Thordinson (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a horrible character returning

#71 Posted by Dernman (24225 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@lord_platinum: Yep, no point in speculating about what we don't know.

Speculating is fun. Can't that be a point enough? Frankly with the garb-age state of comics today you have to get the enjoyment somewhere.

#72 Posted by WastelandMan (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

I find funny how Doctor Strange is being handled as a guest-star in his OWN SERIES recently. They focus on Loki, Sentry, Kingpin, Spider-Woman and others as much or even more than Strange sometimes.

I agree with this. There isn't really a solid direction for his series since Aaron left. It's been past left and right between writers with stories not entirely focused on his own or are just filler.

#73 Edited by jrupert1 (1146 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman said:
@lord_platinum said:

I agree with this. There isn't really a solid direction for his series since Aaron left. It's been past left and right between writers with stories not entirely focused on his own or are just filler.

To be fair though, even with Aaron too much focus was given to Zelma, making them essentially co-stars. Plus there was still irrelevent filler drama and hijinks that ate up too many pages, so they don't actually have to accomplish much of worth. You look at Strange Tales vol 2 and they accomplished more story with half the pages. And this is supposed to be the long time coming (too long) return of HIS series.

The highlights were seeing the return of Nightmare, Mordo, and Dormammu, and occasionally something about Strange, but since Aaron left there hasn't been anything in the way that feels like "this is a Dr Strange comic." And they still don't seem quite able to get the characterization of him right, they come close in moments but then it goes right back to left field. And to top it all off, with how long they are milking the depowered Strange plot it's become boring. It's too ground level and there's too much focus on bouncing jokes off of characters in the "see, isn't Steven strange" way. That bad pun has actually literally been used in this series for crying out loud.

#74 Edited by WastelandMan (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrupert1:

Zelma is probably one of the worst characters introduced in Strange's stories. Her role could have been fulfilled by so many other characters in Strange's continuity and done so much better but Aaron basically threw out all of Strange's continuity for his own. And yeah the depowered "pulling himself up by the bootstraps" Strange story arc has been done already multiple times. Granted, Strange is supposed to be at the weakest point he's ever been since his career started and is almost exclusively using trinkets and artifacts for most of his stories this time around and this concept may even actually have some potential but it literally goes nowhere or does anything with it to justify its existence. It's really just a gimmick that was devised back for the "All-New" Marvel pseudo-reboot.

#75 Edited by Lord_Platinum (108 posts) - - Show Bio
@wastelandman said:

@jrupert1:

Zelma is probably one of the worst characters introduced in Strange's stories. Her role could have been fulfilled by so many other characters in Strange's continuity and done so much better

Yeah....By someone that was there to help Strange during his most difficult times, is actually useful and has its own character-development. LIKE FREAKING RINTRAH!!! How come Marvel still hasn't brought him back? Instead of having Zelma as an assistant?

#76 Edited by WastelandMan (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_platinum said:

Yeah....Someone that was there to help Strange during his most difficult times, is actually useful and has its own character-development. LIKE FREAKING RINTRAH!!! How come Marvel still hasn't brought him back? Instead of having Zelma as an assistant?

Yeah Rintrah or Casey Kinmont could have been used. Both these characters were close to Strange, potential apprentices, and are supposed to be in a critical state that Strange has swore to save them from and bring them back but he apparently just forgot about them completely lol. His new series would have been perfect to address these loose ends in his continuity. Other options for the role using already established characters could have been Clea, Sara Wolfe, Morgana Blessing, and Night Nurse etc.

I mean I get wanting to use all new characters to appeal to a new audience since it's been years since Strange's last solo series but a much better character than Zelma could have been created.

#77 Edited by jrupert1 (1146 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: Easily the worst when it comes to characters we're not supposed to hate. It's not just her own character but mainly with how she interacts with him. Clea is probably the biggest missed opportunity, granted their relationship had already been pretty successfully destroyed by incompetent writers but the annual gave us something towards fixing it, and here they gave him the perfect oppertunity. He lost the one thing holding him back yet they have him becoming an animal doctor. A step below the practice he would never return to.

Also, do you find that "spell" Loki is looking for to be absolutely ridiculous in concept and execution as me? It's just barely different from magic that has very much been used many times in past comics, even in this current run. It's basically like the forge Strange created for gaen magic (which stored and connected him to it as a resource to drawn on for power). Or when he directly ripped it from the planet and absorbed the power himself not that many issues ago. Yet he so quickly writes it off as something that is just a legend (even if he didn't believe it was real that's not something he'd ever do).

@lord_platinum:Well he's still basically were we last saw him in Sorcerer Supreme #52 many years ago, in some astral plane with a shield placed around him by Dr Strange preventing his death, until he can find a way to save him. But yes, there's very much that can be done with him. Like not completely forgetting about him for one, the rest of that series had him too busy for Strange to get to but after all this time there has been no real excuse. Other than not having his own series since then.

#78 Posted by Lord_Platinum (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: They did bring Clea back.

To make them stay as friends and swat her away from Strange's comics again, lol.

I mean I get wanting to use all new characters to appeal to a new audience since it's been years since Strange's last solo series but a much better character than Zelma could have been created.

Yeah, but they can't even maintain the new ones around anymore. The Haunted Girl could've been an interest and recurrent new enemy, yet it looks like they've forgotten about her as well.

#79 Posted by Lord_Platinum (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrupert1: My problem is that Rintrah's name could've been at least dropped or his state mentioned, but looks like Marvel wants to clean any trace of him in Strange's history. Writing Stephen this way transmits a message that he doesn't even seem to care about Rintrah anymore.....

#80 Posted by WastelandMan (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrupert1:

Even though he says it's a legend he does later admit that it's actually real but I do think it's silly because like you said it's pretty much exactly the same in function to what he did multiple times in the past already especially in that same series so it seems really odd why he's so against using something like this now. My biggest problem is that he bound the spell to the souls of people close to him. Why the hell would he do that? I mean he gave a reason but it doesn't make any sense. He isn't the only one capable of using the spell as others can potentially find it just like Loki is attempting to do now so he literally put all their lives at risk needlessly. The whole spell is just a really bad plot device.

@lord_platinum:

True they did bring Clea back just not in the way any fan wanted them to lol

#81 Posted by slimj87d (13903 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the issue I find it a little odd for Strange to have to call them Sentry into this story.

I feel it being a story based on magic, maybe he should have seeked help from Mephisto, Hela or someone else.

It doesn't make much sense to get help frome Sentry story wise.

#82 Posted by jrupert1 (1146 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: Yeah, I guess it's hard to fully pay attention when my eyes are involuntarily rolling. I only gave it one quick read (which is unusual for me). But I guess my point is if you have Strange saying something like that about magic then you know you have officially lost the point of him. And to have him make the conscious choice to make those he cares about a target when it didn't even have to be a person at all, then you should hand the character over to someone else (not that this hasn't already been a trend in this series).

#83 Posted by WastelandMan (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrupert1:

Exactly. Strange's character development keeps taking steps back his own series.

#84 Edited by lvenger (33535 posts) - - Show Bio
@slimj87d said:

After reading the issue I find it a little odd for Strange to have to call them Sentry into this story.

I feel it being a story based on magic, maybe he should have seeked help from Mephisto, Hela or someone else.

It doesn't make much sense to get help frome Sentry story wise.

Exactly, not only is Sentry a very odd choice for Strange to recruit as help with a magical related problem but it's incredibly stupid of Strange to bring Sentry to Asgard. It's like bringing the guy who murdered someone's child to a birthday party after his jail sentence had been served. The guy destroyed Asgard and killed some Asgardians and you bring him along to force your way into Asgardia? Dumb idea.

#85 Edited by Au_141 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god...

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#86 Posted by IndomitableRegal (10190 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I really like Sentry. Hopefully I can get him in a MCU one-off someday (it would be so easy too). Probably will never happen, but a man can dream...

Avatar image for king_stranglehold_da_first
#87 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally I have a reason to pick up a Marvel comic. I know the Sentry haters are angry as ever. Seriously, Sentry just needs a GOOD writer to make people understand how he works. Lets hope this writer does him justice.

Also the Sentry going to Asgard can CLEARLY be a redemption arc. And if thats the case then that is extremely GOOD for the character.

#88 Posted by SuperGoku17 (2933 posts) - - Show Bio