What power would you improve of MMH?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The Martian Vision looks too much Superman's Heat Vision. how would you change it? What power would you give in exchange or add if the case would other

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would give him some kind of Energy Absorption

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Simple - TK. His superstats and "Martian Vision" all to be various manifestation of telekinesis.

We already have Superman in the JL. Manhunter needs his own shtick and being the ultimate X-ma... I mean, psychic, is what will emphasize his archetypal uniqueness which I think League should be all about.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powers

1. Shape shifting

2. Telekinesis

3. Telepathy

4. Phasing

Think Clayface but with TK and TP. Heck, I might even retcon Clayface's origin to make him a villain for MMH. And make him immune to his TK and TP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Simple - TK. His superstats and "Martian Vision" all to be various manifestation of telekinesis.

We already have Superman in the JL. Manhunter needs his own shtick and being the ultimate X-ma... I mean, psychic, is what will emphasize his archetypal uniqueness which I think League should be all about.

This.. Telekinesis is a power that he already own but too much unexplored (almost 0 appearances), DC Writers should augment the appearances of that specific one. AGREED!

Energy Absorption sounds too Silver Surfer to me, but still cool

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would take away his heat vision and give in ray vision that is blue.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No heat vision, instead give him something like a sonic screech. Heat vision doesn't make sense for a being afraid of fire, but a sonic screech could be his Martian gods' gift to the last of their species or at least the kindest of their species.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No heat vision, instead give him something like a sonic screech. Heat vision doesn't make sense for a being afraid of fire, but a sonic screech could be his Martian gods' gift to the last of their species or at least the kindest of their species.

Sounds different, haha

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehercules: I think I'd fit in. They'd just need to explain it by saying he makes his throat denser before vibrating the air inside. It's just a byproduct of shapeshifting.

Now that I think about it they could give him an air cannon where he takes in as much air as he can then shoots it out of his fingertip. I mean Superman's cold breath is just air he forces out extremely hard, it it came out a finger tip, a much more condensed spot, it'd fire harder.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kidolio

@hypnos0929: Pretty sure he already has a sonic scream.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adamTRMM

@thehercules:

Yep. His mentality of an outsider, his demeanor, his unusual appearance as opposed to humanlike aliens like Kryptonians, Thanagarians or Daxamites, all of this makes him a perfect "X-Man" of the Justice League. They should expand on that. And how can they do it better if not also making him the psychic and then some more? I mean:

TP - Xavier

TK - Jean Grey

Force Beams/Optic Blasts - Cyclops

Phasing - Kitty

Shapeshiting - Mystique

Invisibility - Cipher

And for god's sake, that red X he's wearing where others wear Bats, Shields of Hope or Amazon Armor, I mean, it was always there!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telekinesis

IDK why I bumped it, but here some thought

I want so much to see this power again, would be nice he in Rebirth, hardly restraining people like Barry Allen/Wally West and more easily Superman!

and able to use some Telekinetic Blasts (he needs an Energy Projection power that should the 'Heat Vision Rip-off').

I would write his Telekinetic Blasts at Large planetary destruction level. I know that sounds kind of silly or OP, but this is J'onn, he is the most powerful superhero. I hope it comes back.

No Caption Provided

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give him warp speed and um.... absorbing energy frôm plañetß

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shakiest character concept seen in ages, IMO. If the MMH's authors knew that he would last this long, I'd bet they would have took more care designing him. Nowadays it's clear he is whole-filling stuff wherever he appears.

First, I'd remove the usual "standard super powers" set of flight, strength, speed, durability and some silly brand of energy vision. It's not like these characters are any rare in DC anyway. I would instead concentrate on his shapeshifting abilities to reproduce these by adopting another form if needed, his prime powers being mental in nature, especially TP and mind-related senses.

Then I'd give him a appearance that is more alien, less unsightly than the bastardized form he seem to favor. Oh, and I'd simply call him "Manhunter".