How would Superman escape if Thor's Hammer was placed on his chest?

• 78 results
KwasiD2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KwasiD2k

He could just burrow to the center of the earth, and then float away free once he is able to swim away in the magma

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thor_parker82 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@lvenger said:

I mean if we're talking Pre Flashpoint Superman he can vibrate his molecules out of the hammer.

This, or he could simply use his super breath to blow it off his chest :/

Lol no, super breath isn´t moving mjolnir a single inch, nothing is moving mjolnir unless they are worthy for that matter.

I'm pretty sure the enchantment only applies towards wielding Mjolnir. It still has weight, therefore it's still susceptible to some laws of physics.

Nobody has ever being able to move mjolnir a single inch if they are not worthy, super-breath won´t do the trick, mjolnir defies the laws of physics as most comic book characters and objects.

Pretty sure Death Seed Sentry directly stopped it with TK. Superman using his super breath is about as passive as you can get. It's literally the same thing as a strong wind moving a heavy hammer, except that wind originates from Superman.

Death Seed Sentry stopped it with molecule manipulation and so has Thanos, but those are beings on an entirely different tier, maybe I phrased it wrong by saying no one has moved mjolnir, so let me re-phrase it.

No one in Superman/Thor/Hulk tier has been able to move mjolnir if they are not worthy.

@yarva said:

Mjolnir doesn't fall down when someone drops it? That's just gravity. I'm pretty sure I've seen characters punch Mjolnir away and even out o Thor's hands. Seems like it moves more than an inch in all of those cases.

Go away Yat

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Seed Sentry stopped it with molecule manipulation and so has Thanos, but those are beings on an entirely different tier, maybe I phrased it wrong by saying no one has moved mjolnir, so let me re-phrase it.

No one in Superman/Thor/Hulk tier has been able to move mjolnir if they are not worthy.

Eh, i'm not buying that. The enchantment specifically states that worthiness only applies towards wielding the hammer. Creating a strong gust of wind and moving the hammer shouldn't apply. It's a completely passive movement.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

I personally think what you are saying could work, but i dont remember anyone trying that.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

I personally think what you are saying could work, but i dont remember anyone trying that.

Thanks

Besides Storm and Thor, I can't think of anyone in Marvel who has the power to create powerful winds so maybe that's the reason why.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva said:

Mjolnir doesn't fall down when someone drops it? That's just gravity. I'm pretty sure I've seen characters punch Mjolnir away and even out o Thor's hands. Seems like it moves more than an inch in all of those cases.

A lot of times it's Thor's arm/hand that's struck.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Answers is simple...... he wouldn't!! Especially if he's unworthy lol

Although, I feel like he'd be worthy, but OP said no so.....

if you want to know how I think he'd try is the same thing most other ppl do and that is try to lift it off (to no abail of course). But if he's in the sun and waits a couple thousand years, I feel like he'd be strong enough to move it just enough to get out.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By legacy6364

Plot.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This answer is very simple.

Clark rolls over. The enchantment on the hammer makes it so people can't wield it. Clark isn't grabbing it over even attempting to move it by rolling over. Mjolnir falls off his chest as if it were a normal hammer.

But if that doesn't float your boat, super breath absolutely 100% blows the hammer off his chest. Mjolnir has been redirected and blocked before, so we know kinetic force can move it as long as it isn't making an attempt to wield the hammer.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow411:

Answers is simple...... he wouldn't!! Especially if he's unworthy lol

That seems obvious... When the hammer is not being used by the wielder, it just doesn't move from the position where the wielder left it....

Although, I feel like he'd be worthy, but OP said no so.....

He is not (assuming its about the core of the character and hammer and the story is actually rooted) ... Being Worthy of Mjolnir is not really just about goodness...

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Captain Hydra is worthy, then Superman is worthy 100%.
Hell, if Captain Hydra is worthy, then even Injustice Man may be worthy.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shadow411

@asgaard:

Never thought about it, but if Cap cant supes can't. I'll concede

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seduces Mother Storm.

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Wakel

Supes can still move his arms so he smashes the nearby ground with both arms on either side, breaking a great portion of the ground beneath him then in that second he's falling flies away.

Oh just noticed it's indestructible.

He lays there until Batman comes around.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Asgaard

@shadow411 said:

@asgaard:

Never thought about it, but if Cap cant supes can't. I'll concede

Lets put aside Jane Foster (pr/pc purposes) and Captain Hydra (shocking value or whatever)... Lets talk about Odin, Asgard and story rooted comics and a bit of the Mcu... I believe these are the main conditions that Odin thought about worthiness when he made the hammer enchantment...

- Pure Soul

- Unshakable belief

- Warrior Spirit

- Withstanding

- Honor in battle

- Nobility

- Self-sacrifice

- Selfless

- Humility

- Fight for those who can't

- Willing to kill if necessary

So Superman is not worthy because he is more like a protector instead of a warrior, and Steve Rogers (core character) also is not worthy in just every scenario, but he has the advantage over Superman due to the fact that he is a soldier (not really a protector like Superman), he can kill and when in battle Steve gains some warrior spirit that is so appreciated by Odin and the other Asgardians, so in the Mcu Infinity War (like in the marvel comics event Fear Itself) you will probably see Steve Rogers wielding Mjolnir in a party BATTLE...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He kindly ask Thor to move it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Eh, i'm not buying that. The enchantment specifically states that worthiness only applies towards wielding the hammer. Creating a strong gust of wind and moving the hammer shouldn't apply. It's a completely passive movement.

No, the hammer can´t be moved by wind and the mere thought of that is ridiculous, mjolnir spent months on the moon in the exact same place because no one was able to move it, if some wind could do the trick, then surely Odin would have tried it. Another similar case was shown in "ANAD Avengers #1-3" when The Avengers fought Kang and Jane dropped mjolnir and was sent hundreds of years into the future, thus transforming into her mortal self, so she went to the exact same place where she dropped Mjolnir and it was still there, unmoved for hundreds of years, surely someone would have tried using wind on it, again, the mere thought of wind moving Mjolnir is ridiculous.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By buttersdaman000

@thor_parker82 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

No, the hammer can´t be moved by wind and the mere thought of that is ridiculous, mjolnir spent months on the moon in the exact same place because no one was able to move it, if some wind could do the trick, then surely Odin would have tried it. Another similar case was shown in "ANAD Avengers #1-3" when The Avengers fought Kang and Jane dropped mjolnir and was sent hundreds of years into the future, thus transforming into her mortal self, so she went to the exact same place where she dropped Mjolnir and it was still there, unmoved for hundreds of years, surely someone would have tried using wind on it, again, the mere thought of wind moving Mjolnir is ridiculous.

There's no wind on the moon so your point is irrelevant.....also, offering up hypotheticals as to why something doesn't happen in a comic book is a poor argument. Why didn't Odin contract Tony Stark to build a machine to pick up Mjolnir from the moon?? Unless you're going to tell me inanimate machines can't move Mjlonir either??

So, yeah, unless Mjonir weighs millions of tons, Superman can easily create a powerful enough wind to move it.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he inhaled powerfully enough that the air molecules didn't immediately fill in the space, he'd make a momentary vacuum where the hammer can simply be knocked out of the way a la when Red Hulk lifted it in space.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

There's no wind on the moon so your point is irrelevant.....also, offering up hypotheticals as to why something doesn't happen in a comic book is a poor argument. Why didn't Odin contract Tony Stark to build a machine to pick up Mjolnir from the moon?? Unless you're going to tell me inanimate machines can't move Mjlonir either??

So, yeah, unless Mjonir weighs millions of tons, Superman can easily create a powerful enough wind to move it.

NO......THEY.....CAN´T.

Otherwise Tony would just auto-pilot his armors and go around wielding mjolnir or Ultron would pick it up, you clearly lack the basic knowledge of Thor and his mythos, so I´m just going to stop here, have a nice day.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibrating perhaps ?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he inhaled powerfully enough that the air molecules didn't immediately fill in the space, he'd make a momentary vacuum where the hammer can simply be knocked out of the way a la when Red Hulk lifted it in space.

That seems really smart but something seems wrong about that but I don't know what.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By buttersdaman000

@thor_parker82 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thor_parker82 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

NO......THEY.....CAN´T.

Otherwise Tony would just auto-pilot his armors and go around wielding mjolnir or Ultron would pick it up, you clearly lack the basic knowledge of Thor and his mythos, so I´m just going to stop here, have a nice day.

You introduced hypothetical, and you just proved how stupid they were. Thanks, So, if Mjolnir was in an elevator that elevator just ain't moving huh? You can be done all you want. You're not the authority on Thor. The inscription, which you clearly must not know, clearly states that the person must be worthy to "wield" (hold) it. It says nothing about moving in general.

Superman uses his super breath to move Mjolnir off his chest :/

walter5james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AbelHsu

Use HV to cut a hole on the floor,and then just fly right through the Earth.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Punch a crater into the ground and give himself so room

Or vibrate through it

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash9865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's talking about new 52, Superman.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then,I'm thinking that super breath might work...or he can use his HV to push it away.

emmanuelalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wasn't Superman thought how to faze by flash...

So yes he can

He would just sink to the ground and come out on the other side