How would people feel if the joker was the final villain of the Batman trilogy?

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

Tbh I’m cool with it.

Also btw the first movie and last movie will probably be four to five years apart. So it’s possible that we don’t get much of joker between those times. So do take in consideration to realize how many years of no joker we could get before he appears again.

If you don’t think joker should be the final villain of the trilogy who would you prefer to take his place?

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy: Joker works best as the villain of the middle chapter of the trilogy , since he always beats down on Batman and breaks him mentally .

A villain like Bane or Ra’as al Ghul works best for the final chapter .

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@wakeupsid said:

@dmnb2wavy: “Joker works best as the villain of the middle chapter of the trilogy , since he always beats down on Batman and breaks him mentally .”

Im not sure I entirely agree with this. i can see him working very well as a endgame villain or a middle chapter villain but to each their own

“A villain like Bane or Ra’as al Ghul works best for the final chapter .”

Bane seems more like a middle chapter villain than joker Although now that I’m thinking about it bane can work well as a endgame. If he would become the final villain I hope his back breaker comes back and he frees all the the villains of Gotham from previous movies.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAZAHS117

Actually, I’m kind of Jokered-out. Between what we got in Suicide Squad and then Joker, I wouldn’t even mind if he didn’t make an appearance (even tho I know it’ll happen at some point).

As for what villain I’d rather see pulling all the strings, The Riddler. If this is going to be a noir detective driven story, Riddler seems like a perfect choice.

EDIT: 🤔 ...Court of Owls could work too

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, I’m kind of Jokered-out. Between what we got in Suicide Squad and then Joker, I wouldn’t even mind if he didn’t make an appearance (even tho I know it’ll happen at some point).

Same. As much as I love him, I think it's best to not include him at all since there will be a lot of pressure for the actor to top Heath and Joaquin's portrayals. There's also the possibility of him overshadowing Batman again.

Plus it'll be better to see more of Batman's other enemies and give the lesser known ones a chance to shine and increase their popularity.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117 said:

Same. As much as I love him, I think it's best to not include him at all since there will be a lot of pressure for the actor to top Heath and Joaquin's portrayals. There's also the possibility of him overshadowing Batman again.

Plus it'll be better to see more of Batman's other enemies and give the lesser known ones a chance to shine and increase their popularity.

For sure. Warners has made some odd choices with Batman and Joker as late with the major film release. They has zero dialogue in Suicide Squad and Bruce was a child in Joker (possibly even related to Joker). Not really sure what that’s all about, but I agree with giving the lessor Bat Rogues some much needed play. I feel like some really cool stuff could be done with Riddler and/or the Court of Owls with the proper writing

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KingOfWakanda

Batman has enough of a rogue's gallery we don't need to have Joker this time around. Ledger, Leto, Phoenix and this new guy would be 4 iterations of the character in under a 20 year span (assuming the 3rd movie came out before 2028). Not to mention Nicholson and Hamil's version and a possible Joker 2. It's enough.

toxin45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

riddler in the frist court of owls in the second and ra's al ghul in the second.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb3c213afb6d
deactivated-5eb3c213afb6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's an actual comic-accurate Joker and he's treated like any other Gotham villain instead of the star of the show, I don't mind what movie's he in.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underwhelmed and bored. I honestly probably wouldn't even care about the movie. There pleanty of Batman villains that need a chance to shine. We don't need a remake nearly every decade. Make NEW Batman movies exploring other villains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0874809400
deactivated-5ea0874809400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have him all the Way through. Playing behind the scenes with his major role being in the finale.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I’m fine with no joker at all to be honest...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Batman has so many great villains that haven’t been used yet...

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

No more joker please

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thank you. Another time

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb3c213afb6d
deactivated-5eb3c213afb6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy: One that actually looks and behaves like classic Joker for a change. I.e. the one you see in the Arkham games. Honestly I'd be surprised if we got any live action ﹰﹰBatverse that leaned closer to the comics, and managed to be good at the same time. Of course not everything has to be the exact same, but Batman writers often try too hard to be different or "realistic."

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, there are arguably better villains. Even if creativity or the lack of it depends on a director's potential.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By im_late

We don't need another Joker. And I wouldn't say he is the best endgame possible. He is all about deconstructing and corrupting the things Batman stands for. Best stories that involve him almost feel like a study of Batman's symbolism and morality. They go deep.

Final movie villain should he someone who can face and take on fully realized Bruce who no longer questions himself at any level, the full might of Batman's legend you might say.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Robin, Arkham Knight, etc. aka Robin turned bad

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage: which Gotham villain is better than joker?

Probably an Anti-Batman. Not sure who is better than Joker without changing the story much. I would have said something like an Anti-Batman, The Ventriloquist, Anarky, Film Freak, Riddler's Daughter with Duela Dent, Film Freak, Spook, Spellbinder, etc. if it meant changing things up a bit.

The least over-the-top idea I could come up with is using Killer Moth and Hugo Strange. Killer Moth trying to be a vigilante and attacking people who loiter, curse and other kinds of similar acts. He often tries to act like a self-presenting presenter, but can't take criticism well. After an encounter with Batman, he meets Hugo Strange and gets an one-time upgrade in stealing people's 'pollen' or dreams and sense of self/self-worth and goes after people who hold themselves in high regard.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would prefer no Joker.

End teaser of first movie of villain getting checked in at Arkham, where they meet Hugo Strange and he starts asking questions and making notes in a rather thick file labeled Batman.

Second movie has a much more sadistic and evil version of Riddler who is running Bruce ragged and tired all over the city investigating all the clues and riddles, all of which are left at a crime scene of a grisly murder or a dumped body mauled by an animal. Riddler is using Killer Croc as a pawn in his game. The final scenes take place in a dark sewer as Bruce plays a deadly game of cat and mouse with the monster. Again both sent to Arkham to meet Strange, thanks to info he got from Riddler and some DNA in Crocs teeth he knows Bruce is Batman.

Third movie is all Hugo Strange and his master plan coming together. All these people, heroes, villains, thinking they are animals, or vigilantes, or monsters are simply insane and it is time for them all to be eliminated, and to do this he hires Deathstroke, not to kill Batman, but to kill Bruce Wayne, and while Hugo eliminates the villains in Arkham, Deathstroke hunts Bruce, knowing everything there is about Batman.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would prefer no Joker.

End teaser of first movie of villain getting checked in at Arkham, where they meet Hugo Strange and he starts asking questions and making notes in a rather thick file labeled Batman.

Second movie has a much more sadistic and evil version of Riddler who is running Bruce ragged and tired all over the city investigating all the clues and riddles, all of which are left at a crime scene of a grisly murder or a dumped body mauled by an animal. Riddler is using Killer Croc as a pawn in his game. The final scenes take place in a dark sewer as Bruce plays a deadly game of cat and mouse with the monster. Again both sent to Arkham to meet Strange, thanks to info he got from Riddler and some DNA in Crocs teeth he knows Bruce is Batman.

Third movie is all Hugo Strange and his master plan coming together. All these people, heroes, villains, thinking they are animals, or vigilantes, or monsters are simply insane and it is time for them all to be eliminated, and to do this he hires Deathstroke, not to kill Batman, but to kill Bruce Wayne, and while Hugo eliminates the villains in Arkham, Deathstroke hunts Bruce, knowing everything there is about Batman.

Why aren't you working at Warner?

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaylinfreeman:

If they cut the check I would.

I do a lot of writing for a lot of people, mainly tabletop book work.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 anthp2000  Moderator

Is a trilogy even confirmed?