How would people feel if marvel separated the high and low tiers into separate universes?

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

I know this will never happen but this thought came about bc of the ridiculous amount of plot armor and pis street lvl characters tend to have around mid or high tiers.

So in order to make things more consistent they separate the universes accordingly like this

Universe A

>Spider-Man

> daredevil

>punisher

> captain America

> iron man ( should be one of the most powerful characters in the verse)

> Luke cage

> iron fist

> black panther

> namor

> blade

> moon knight

> x men

> pretty much any street lvl character and some mid tiers honestly

Planet lvl should be a huge threat and somewhat rare for this universe.

Universe b( high tiers )

>The x men( Up scaled)

> the fantastic four

> hulk

> Thor

> thanos

>surfer

> gladiator

> sentry

> pretty much any high tier and some mid tiers

I feel like characters like wolverine would need a stat upgrade in this universe. Anyway in this universe planet lvl is common but universal is rare .

These are just thoughts that should not be taken seriously btw

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

>High tiers

>Gladiator, X-Men

pick one

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jrupert1

There should be a Universe C for stories involving characters who are beyond the high level. Such as...

Certain versions of characters who are normally in Universe B that have an upgrade to make them able to interact with the higher threats without dumbing them down. Plus characters who are normally there already like

Franklin Richards

Legion

Eternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion

The Other Abstracts

Beyonder

Molecule Man

Thing

Mysterio

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@professorrespect said:

>High tiers

>Gladiator, X-Men

pick one

?

edit: if your talking about why are x men in the same tier with gladiator it’s bc I was thinking of characters like Phoenix. But x men can be in the low tier universe as well. Phoenix can be a super op character that can never been defeated in the traditional sense.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Netflix kinda proved that this works amazing.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy: Glad isn't a high tier playa

how Isn't he?

he can fight against characters like Hyperion, hulk or Thor. Gladiator would certainly decimate any mid tier from my knowledge

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

how Isn't he?

he can fight against characters like Hyperion,

Who's not a high tier

hulk

He really wouldn't

or Thor.

Yeah no

Gladiator would certainly decimate any mid tier

He clearly didn't with Colossus

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@professorrespect said:
@dmnb2wavy said:
@professorrespect said:

how Isn't he?

he can fight against characters like Hyperion,

“Who's not a high tier“

didn't Hyperion stomp juggernaught? Am I missing something here?

hulk

“He really wouldn't“

He already fought with him evenly Although he was weakened in that fight I’ll give you that.

or Thor.

“Yeah no”
again he fought with him evenly already

Gladiator would certainly decimate any mid tier

“He clearly didn't with Colossus”

What are you talking about? He was shown to be superior in the fight. And gladiator has fought stronger and won ( the thing)

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@dmnb2wavy: Good god, your formatting is terrible. Please try and make your responses look at least a bit different from mine.

"didn't Hyperion stomp juggernaught? Am I missing something here?"

One: That's the wrong Hyperion. That guy was another evil Hyperion that eventually got killed by the Thunderbolt team at the time, which consisted of street level and mid tier characters.

Two: Juggs was depowered at the time, so he was literally just a big dude at that point.

"He already fought with him evenly Although he was weakened in that fight I’ll give you that."

You can't say he fought evenly but then also say he was nerfed as well. That isn't impressive.

"again he fought with him evenly already"

Considering you haven't provided any scans or context for this, I can't take it as a legit statement.

"What are you talking about? He was shown to be superior in the fight."

Not by a long head at all, which is pretty horrific considering Colossus is a middling mid tier.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Hyperion is close to Thor in terms of physical strength and durability and they have FTL speeds. I don't see how you think Gladiator isn't a high-tier. Also, just an FYI:

Take this as you want, but Thanos say Gladiator is the most dangerous, and this is with characters like Quasar, Beta Ray Bill and Surfer, who are all Herald level charaters, above High-Tiers like Superman and Hulk
Take this as you want, but Thanos say Gladiator is the most dangerous, and this is with characters like Quasar, Beta Ray Bill and Surfer, who are all Herald level charaters, above High-Tiers like Superman and Hulk

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a decent idea, and could possibly work, however would most likely not happen since they would probably not be able to figure out how to change the current universe to be like this.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@professorrespect said:

@dmnb2wavy: “Good god, your formatting is terrible. Please try and make your responses look at least a bit different from mine.“

or you just can’t read properly. I put the “” in there so you can tell the difference between what I said and what you said. I mean literally anyone can tell what we stated Apart.

"didn't Hyperion stomp juggernaught? Am I missing something here?"

“One: That's the wrong Hyperion. That guy was another evil Hyperion that eventually got killed by the Thunderbolt team at the time, which consisted of street level and mid tier characters.

Two: Juggs was depowered at the time, so he was literally just a big dude at that point. “

Ard

"He already fought with him evenly Although he was weakened in that fight I’ll give you that."

“You can't say he fought evenly but then also say he was nerfed as well. That isn't impressive.“

ard

"again he fought with him evenly already"

“Considering you haven't provided any scans or context for this, I can't take it as a legit statement.“

No Caption Provided

you seem to posses a lot of knowledge on gladiator why do you act like you don’t know about this fight?

"What are you talking about? He was shown to be superior in the fight."

“Not by a long head at all, which is pretty horrific considering Colossus is a middling mid tier.“

He tanked colossus slamming a object into him with no damage at all.

also colossus has provided a challenge To hulk if I’m not mistaken.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: "Hyperion is close to Thor in terms of physical strength"

Feat wise, absolutely not.

"they have FTL speeds."

Thor has never had either combat or travel FTL speeds. Hyperion hasn't either.

Also Thanos fodderizing a completely different character compared to the one here is irrelevant to the actual non question that is shown here.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@dmnb2wavy: Dude, your formatting is so bad lol. You don't put scans in the proper place and you literally just spam the text at a sideways angle. Nothing to do with my "reading" it's more to do with how ugly it looks. Use a spoiler block.

I have no idea what 'Ard' means, so I can't so anything there.

"you seem to posses a lot of knowledge on gladiator why do you act like you don’t know about this fight?"

Because I don't remember in detail every single fight a character with 300+ appearances has? That's not a thing.

Giving me a contextless scan with no citations isn't gonna fly either.

"He tanked colossus slamming a object into him with no damage at all."

That's not the hallmark of a high tier character.

"also colossus has provided a challenge To hulk"

He hasn't.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@professorrespect said:

@dmnb2wavy: “Dude, your formatting is so bad lol. You don't put scans in the proper place and you literally just spam the text at a sideways angle. Nothing to do with my "reading" it's more to do with how ugly it looks. Use a spoiler box.“

1. My scans are messed up bc I’m on mobile nothing I can do to fix that

2. it has to do with you reading bc it’s pretty easy to understand.

3. we only exchanged like three or four texts at best. honestly it’s pretty funny how come at me with formatting when we barely exchanged any texts. When we exchange long texts that’s when I began to clean up my formatting otherwise there is zero reason to As small text are easy to understand .

but fine let’s use better formatting

“I have no idea what 'Ard' means, so I can't so anything there.”

it means I agree, how Old are you?

you seem to posses a lot of knowledge on gladiator why do you act like you don’t know about this fight?

“Because I don't remember in detail every single fight a character with 300+ appearances has? That's not a thing.”

yet you remember any instance that downplays gladiator feats? Yeah okay that sounds about right. Plus that fight isn’t obscure and is used a lot from what I seen. You have spent at least 2-5 years on this cite I’m sure the fight has to be etched in your memory.

“Giving me a contextless scan with no citations isn't gonna fly either.”

Sure look up thor volume 2 Issue 34

He tanked colossus slamming a object into him with no damage at all.

“That's not the hallmark of a high tier character.“

hulk got hurt by a punch from colossus. I’m sure that isn’t the mark of a high tier either

also colossus has provided a challenge To hulk

“He hasn't.“

I meant small challenge but he managed to briefly stun the hulk in x men vs hulk

edit: I went back to read the issue

so hulk got stunned by colossal after hulk got hit by a fire that may have weakened him or not.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@dmnb2wavy: I can't actually respond to your post due to the fact you've done it in such a messy way that I can't really quote it without it looking like a mess. Please fix it

Thanks

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@professorrespect: please go ahead and explain why it’s messy instead of saying it’s just messy. I would like to know why it’s messy bc just saying it’s messy isn’t helping anyone isn’t it?

thanks

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: please go ahead and explain why it’s messy

For one, the spoiler blocks are used inproperly and are all over the place.

Two, you talk in the quoted section of my own post as well as below it, which is confusing to follow.

Three, you don't seem to know what a comma is and just use full stops or just brute force the entire sentence out.

Four, you don't actually highlight your own replies to my post and type it in the exact same format, which is also hard to follow.

Using "Ard" which isn't actually a word, nor a shortened one (if you were going to use the short for "agree" you'd just say the full word, rather than using half of it)

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By brucerogers

No need. Nobody but us fans take this stuff that seriously to begin with. And PIS is not exclusive to street tiers either.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@professorrespect said:
@dmnb2wavy said:

“For one, the spoiler blocks are used inproperly and are all over the place.”

you need to better explain why it’s used incorrectly, this still isn’t giving me much to work with.

“Two, you talk in the quoted section of my own post as well as below it, which is confusing to follow.“

No no it really isn’t. Honestly you seem like your really old if you can’t follow the words.

“Three, you don't seem to know what a comma is and just use full stops or just brute force the entire sentence out.“

So grammar police now?

“Four, you don't actually highlight your own replies to my post and type it in the exact same format, which is also hard to follow.”

this point is practically irrelevant. This is for my other points not my last one. Also again they are short post. If they are long I would somewhat understand but they are very short. its really stupid to fret over something like that.

“Using "Ard" which isn't actually a word, nor a shortened one (if you were going to use the short for "agree" you'd just say the full word, rather than using half of it)”

this one is possibly the dumbest point. If you don’t know what ard means fine but I’m not going to change what I say if you don't understand it.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@dmnb2wavy said:

“For one, the spoiler blocks are used inproperly and are all over the place.”

you need to better explain why it’s used incorrectly, this still isn’t giving me much to work with.

Because you use spoiler blocks for scans, not for actual text, lol

“Two, you talk in the quoted section of my own post as well as below it, which is confusing to follow.“

No no it really isn’t. Honestly you seem like your really old if you can’t follow the words.

Calling me old when I can't read your messy way of responding? That's pretty rude tbh.

“Three, you don't seem to know what a comma is and just use full stops or just brute force the entire sentence out.“

So grammar police now?

If I could nitpick, we'd be here all day long. This is just the main point.

“Four, you don't actually highlight your own replies to my post and type it in the exact same format, which is also hard to follow.”

this point is practically irrelevant. This is for my other points not my last one. Also again they are short post. If they are long I would somewhat understand but they are very short its really stupid to fret over something like that.

It would be small in other users, but your combined techniques of typing are confusing and not easy to respond to without the page being clogged up with your quoting.

“Using "Ard" which isn't actually a word, nor a shortened one (if you were going to use the short for "agree" you'd just say the full word, rather than using half of it)”

this one is possibly the dumbest point. If you don’t know what ard means fine but I’m not going to change what I say if you don't understand it.

You respond with something that's not even a word and then go "why can't you understand it old guy" like I'm the one at fault, lol.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By asgardianweapon

@professorrespect: thor in bill's intruduction flew at ftl and dodged attacks in this speed he has some feats like that if you want to wank him enough

Colossus is much downplayed in this site, just as the Thing. Even WWH said that normaly colossus gives hulk a good fight

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy said:
@professorrespect said:
@dmnb2wavy said:

“Because you use spoiler blocks for scans, not for actual text, lol”

thats it? I can use them for whatever I want.

Calling me old when I can't read your messy way of responding? That's pretty rude tbh.

i Said you seem like your old. anyway it’s not hard to understand, it’s clear your reading skills or reading ability is lacking.

If I could nitpick, we'd be here all day long. This is just the main point.

Great I would have to say I don’t really care for that

this point is practically irrelevant. This is for my other points not my last one. Also again they are short post. If they are long I would somewhat understand but they are very short its really stupid to fret over something like that.

It would be small in other users, but your combined techniques of typing are confusing and not easy to respond to without the page being clogged up with your quoting.

the page isn’t clogged and the post were way to small before you even talked about my formatting being awful.

You respond with something that's not even a word and then go "why can't you understand it old guy" like I'm the one at fault, lol.

i responded with slang that I thought a lot of people knew and I asked how old you are. also I never asked why can’t you understand it, I said I would tell you if you don’t know but I won’t stop using it.
also I never said your the one at fault but it was a dumb point to even bring back ip like it really mattered.

I mean if you look up “ard Slang” they will tell you what it means.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon: I know Classic Thor has some silly travel speed feats, but they aren't consistent at all with his usual speed, particularly in combat.

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

> NAMOR

> LOWTIER

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huko said:

> NAMOR

> LOWTIER

i also said some mid tiers not just low tiers btw.

some mid tiers in universe a and some in universe b

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"responded with slang that I thought a lot of people knew and I asked how old you are.

Which is extremely rude to do in general. People don't know your bogus, barely known slang from whatever you got it from.

also I never asked why can’t you understand it,

You basically did, then asked how old I was as a snarky insult.

I said I would tell you if you don’t know but I won’t stop using it.

I couldn't care less if you don't want to speak actual words. Don't blame me for not understanding it, through.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@professorrespect said:

“Which is extremely rude to do in general. People don't know your bogus, barely known slang from whatever you got it from.”

cry me a river bc I don’t really care. There is a internet for a reason, you can always look it up.

You basically did, then asked how old I was as a snarky insult.

nope I never did. This is what I said

“It means i agree , how old are you?”

I was thinking you was probably older than the generation I was born into and also when has being called old a insult? If anything I don’t really care if people called me old just if they callEd me young.

there was no I’ll intent, just curiosity

I couldn't care less if you don't want to speak actual words. Don't blame me for not understanding it, through.

again I didn’t and Like I said I will tell you if you don’t.
your making this more bigger than it really is.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has never had either combat or travel FTL speeds. Hyperion hasn't either.

lol wut?

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No need. Nobody but us fans take this stuff that seriously to begin with. And PIS is not exclusive to street tiers either.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Underfire47

Doing that would be really silly tbh. Like i get the frustration of Marvel sometimes showing street tiers hang around tiers much higher than theirs but that's always been part of it, i would hate to miss all interactions between these characters just so we could make battle boards be more "clean".

@professorrespect Btw that scan he showed you is not of 616 Gladiator, it's a Gladiators from Reigning, not from current 616 Marvel, Odin even saw this so he sent him back to his universe

No Caption Provided

616 Gladiator has never actually fought 616 Thor(well except for the most recent Avengers issue where he wrestled with BroodThor), he fought 616 Eric Masterson and lost to him in the end.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Then were is the point? High tiers have their stories with high tier villains and low-tiers have their stories with low-tier villaons anyway and where is the point in there being the categorization of tiers once their not in the same world anyway In case fans end up using the characters from these now different universes in a hypothetical meeting or match-up?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: Heh, as expected. There's always context to these kind of scans.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Thanos calling Gladiator the most dangerous of the Annihilators is probably the dumbest thing he ever said tbh. I've noticed that people use that statement to highball the character the same way people highball Hulk because Thanos said he avoids confrontation with him.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By asgardianweapon

@professorrespect: no, yeah i agree

About the thread there could be interesting worldbuilding consequences bcs of that