How would MCU Captain America feel about Trump?

• 53 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Capfan85

@modernww2fare: LOL

I think he would probably be too busy saving the world and upholding American values.

I am sure they would agree on a lot, but maybe disagree with Trumps rhetoric and foul language ha ha, we all know how feels about bad language.

I couldsee him disagreeing on some of Trumps rhetoric on immigration and insults, I could see MCU Cap supporting someone like Marco Rubio or Ronald Reagan

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfan85: I doubt they would agree on a lot, it's far more likely that Cap would find him a generally appalling person.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap hates bullies, so no, I don't think Steve would be a fan.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There would be some things he would agree on and some things he would not.

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Captain America would support Trump in everything except for the illegal immigrant issue and bad language

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HighAccuser

He'd hate him

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap would throw a motorcycle at him.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

More th . President Mufas - I mean Obama

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Captain America would support Trump in everything except for the illegal immigrant issue and bad language

How would Cap support a racist bigot?

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfan85: I doubt they would agree on a lot, it's far more likely that Cap would find him a generally appalling person.

This. Cap would probably see him as very similar to what he fought against in WWII.

TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451 said:

How is Trump bigoted? Firstly that's like implying a high percentage of republican supporters are bigots, and from a "common sense" point of view we know that is clearly not the case.

Secondly, Trump never expressed hate, he only propose something that is not "politically correct". The key idea is the intention, not the action. Everyone seems to be focusing on the action.

For example, his proposal to bar non-US muslims out of US temporarily. Yes, I find it a very insensitive remark, but I am sure his intentions are for the good of the country.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By conner_wolf

@tsciallsolle3451:

Trump proposes to have all Muslims wear badges that identify them as Muslim... Where have I heard that before?

No Caption Provided

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's unamerican.

Thats what he'd say.

DarkRide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that anyone thinks Cap and Trump would get along just shows how differently people can view things. I'm with @conner_wolf.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkride: It shows how much people don't know about Trump.

Did you know he used to sleep next to the Sequel to Mein Kampf beside his bed?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Cap would be disgusted.

TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451:

Trump proposes to have all Muslims where badges that identify them as Muslim... Where have I heard that before?

Not that big of a stretch considering police profiling and shit like that........

But I would agree though, that Donald Trump is a politician-first and implementer-second. He is making some populist speeches that is moving the emotions of the populace, making them vote not on logic but on emotion. This is pretty much how racists and bigots operates... But like I said, Donald Trump is a politician-first, and he is merely making use of these bigoted feelings to fuel his rise to presidency.

Every politicians rely on something to garner power and support. Donald Trump is just using an unconventional group which is apparently quite significant in America (Thanks to ignorance).

For Captain America, he would probably recognize Donald Trump's tactics, and hence he would also know that a President Donald Trump is very unlikely to follow up on his populist messages out of practicality.

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America would probably not agree with Trump on most things, most especially his immigration policies. And yes, Cap would also probably be wise to Trump's political rhetoric and maneuverings, as opposed to what Trump would actually follow through on. Or be ABLE to follow through on. Betting Steve knows the Constitution backwards.

DarkRide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing about Cap is that he's completely humble, so even if he might agree with Trump on something like limiting immigration, he would come at it from a compassionate standpoint and be turned off by ugly rhetoric. And what else is Trump about? I guess he wants to assert American strength politically and economically, but there again I think the way he'd go about it would alienate Cap. Maybe a more interesting question is what Cap would think of Sanders.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451: Police profiling is different than having people where badges like in Nazi Germany.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America would likely be in favor of some of Sanders FDR "New Deal" types of ideas. However, he would be skeptical of how SENATOR Sanders as Chairman of the Senate Committee of Veteran Affairs has handled the huge failings in the VA system. I also think that Cap would believe Sanders naive in his standings on an over emphasis on diplomacy without strength on the UN Deal with Iran front.

DarkRide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Probably a fair assessment although I esteem Sanders highly enough that I believe, in a back and forth dialogue, he could at least convince Cap that he's a man if integrity and that he has always done his best in the circumstances presented to him.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freedom. Bacon and egg.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkride: Also fair enough, however I see Captain America as the kind of person who thinks you stay true to your beliefs and define your circumstances...probably is what's going to cause this Civil War movie. (It certainly did with the comic series ;) )

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd greatly dislike him. Just like the rest of the runners. I'd like to think he'd like Rand Paul. I'm sure he's been written as a Liberal though since most pansy comic book writers share those ideologies.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He'd feel ashamed at the fact that every other candidate is worse.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29 JediXMan  Moderator

I think Cap would back whoever the people chose as their president. He's a patriot; I think the president would have to do something really, really bad for him to turn against the president, and therefore against the United States.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"i don't want to kill anyone. i don't like bullies"

DarkRide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

I think Cap would back whoever the people chose as their president. He's a patriot; I think the president would have to do something really, really bad for him to turn against the president, and therefore against the United States.

I like this.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dan12456

@tsciallsolle3451 said:
@conner_wolf said:
@tsciallsolle3451 said:

How is Trump bigoted? Firstly that's like implying a high percentage of republican supporters are bigots, and from a "common sense" point of view we know that is clearly not the case.

Secondly, Trump never expressed hate, he only propose something that is not "politically correct". The key idea is the intention, not the action. Everyone seems to be focusing on the action.

For example, his proposal to bar non-US muslims out of US temporarily. Yes, I find it a very insensitive remark, but I am sure his intentions are for the good of the country.

How is that common sense? America has had MAJOR race issues for over 200 years. 20% of the population is likely racist/bigoted.

Also your second point is just you putting words in a fancy order that makes no sense. You use phrases like politically correct, intention and action, but are asserting more meaning to them then they have, or giving alternate definitions (politically correct is a term used solely in relation to rhetoric, it has no real context in terms of policy and policies are never described that way).

The intention is to ban people on from entering an area based on racist misassumptions about a massive segment of the world's population.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dan12456

@darkride said:
@jedixman said:

I like this.

Cap has actively opposed the American government multiple times in extremely high profile stories.

What you wrote is a common misconception of Caps character. His patriotism is an undying love for his country but not guaranteed loyalty to everything it does.

Also I'm pretty sure Cap would see making a segment of the population carry IDs based on religion/race to be really, really bad, as it's exactly what he opposed in WWII (Cap was fighting Nazis before the Holocaust began).

DarkRide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarkRide

@dankhan6 The thing is, that a president doesn't have to err very ostentatiously in order to do a lot of harm. For example, he or she can send thousands of people to their deaths with the stroke of a pen. So I think you and @jedixman are both right: a president might have to do something pretty bad to earn Cap's ire, but yeah, if that happened, Cap would not be shy about expressing his opinion or even fighting back.

I have to point out how this thread reveals that most of us, myself included, pretty much read into Cap whatever we want to.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dan12456

@darkride said:

@dankhan6 The thing is, that a president doesn't have to err very ostentatiously in order to do a lot of harm. For example, he or she can send thousands of people to their deaths with the stroke of a pen. So I think you and @jedixman are both right: a president might have to do something pretty bad to earn Cap's ire, but yeah, if that happened, Cap would not be shy about expressing his opinion or even fighting back.

I have to point out how this thread reveals that most of us, myself included, pretty much read into Cap whatever we want to.

That's a good point. Because Cap is kind of a living embodiment of what America could be at its best, we all have different interpretations of Cap's beliefs since what "America is at its best" doesn't really have a right answer.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dankhan6: I'm 100% certain you pulled that statistic from your ass and have no actually data to back it up.

If we're talking about actual racist ideaologies and lifestyles, I'd hazard a guess that < 2% of the population actually follows any. Based off common sense.

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Capfan85

Captain America is probably center-right, in the comics he is raised Catholic by Irish immigrants, and he does not hide his religious beliefs in the comics. In the MCU he has mentioned God in Avengers when Black Widow said that thor was a god, and he is seen praying in Age of Ultron right after the hulk situation when Bruce Banner is on the avenjet. In MCU he is supposed to represent traditional American values from the 1940s, which we could imply means more center-right beliefs and not center-left or leftist beliefs. I really don't think he would have an opinion on the Presidential race, as being Captain America is like being the Pope - it is not a political position and should not really be, it is more about upholding America's founding ideals aka the constitution - I think to Captain America is concerned about protecting the homeland, the constitution, freedom, and upholding American ideals across the world.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfan85: But if you uphold a position like that, you have a very clear line you draw where something or someone is wrong. Trump crosses that line.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's arguable that cap may see a bit of what he fought against in trump TBH.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dan12456

@slayz said:

@dankhan6: I'm 100% certain you pulled that statistic from your ass and have no actually data to back it up.

If we're talking about actual racist ideaologies and lifestyles, I'd hazard a guess that < 2% of the population actually follows any. Based off common sense.

Obviously I pulled it out of my ass lol, where did you get any indication it was an official stat haha. It's just as made up as yours! But yours is backed by common sense! LOL smh.

Although Trumps polling numbers are as close as we can get ;)

Edit: Also I don't know what a "racist lifestyle" entails but most racists don't self identify as such. And I don't know why anyone would limit the effects of racism to self identifying racists as the number of people who actively think/speak negatively about races/religions is far higher. And considering the very real effect it has on elections, hiring practices, incarceration rates etc etc it is definitely above 2%.

Further edit: In terms of actual stats 13% of Americans didn't support interracial marriage in 2013, and 22% of republicans. A stance you could only have with racist beliefs.

This article says 56% of people studied show implicit racism towards black people, 64% of republicans. So you are right, my number was WAY too small. https://www.rt.com/usa/majority-americans-racist-poll-378/

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dankhan6: I'm still not sure why you think racism is a huge issue in America. You've essentially just said, "Trust me, it is."

I literally have no idea why you think 1/5th of our ENTIRE population is racist. Maybe it's the people you associate with.

Mind you I'm not saying racism doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's not f*cking 20%.

That is 63,800,000 racists in America.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dan12456

@slayz said:

@dankhan6: I'm still not sure why you think racism is a huge issue in America. You've essentially just said, "Trust me, it is."

I literally have no idea why you think 1/5th of our ENTIRE population is racist. Maybe it's the people you associate with.

Mind you I'm not saying racism doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's not f*cking 20%.

That is 63,800,000 racists in America.

See further edits on last posts (I edit my posts repeatedly to not lose saves/remove my uncalled for sass lol).

But apparently its way higher. more like half now that I looked up the data you wanted

In terms of actual stats 13% of Americans didn't support interracial marriage in 2013, and 22% of republicans. A stance you could only have with explicit racist beliefs.

This article says 56% of people studied show implicit racism towards black people, 64% of republicans. So you are right, my number was WAY too small. https://www.rt.com/usa/majority-americans-racist-poll-378/

All the measures in this one are 20-40ish % https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/07/white-millennials-are-just-about-as-racist-as-their-parents/

Edit: Now obviously this is a scale. Someone saying "black people are lazy" vs "black people shouldn't live in my neighbourhood", the first is obviously less severe, but all are problematic.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dankhan6: Everything you just posted proves absolutely nothing.

These surveys are stacked to get the results that only they want. If that's racism, then the vast majority of people on the entire planet are racist. Hell, even you're racist.

If you constitute racism as not something that minute, racism will never go away and it will always be present in society. What does matter - illegal discrimination, slavery, civil rights, property ownership, citizenship, etc etc, has been granted to all races in the United States, and it is illegal to violate any of that.

Understand?

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dan12456

@slayz said:

@dankhan6: Everything you just posted proves absolutely nothing.

These surveys are stacked to get the results that only they want. If that's racism, then the vast majority of people on the entire planet are racist. Hell, even you're racist.

If you constitute racism as not something that minute, racism will never go away and it will always be present in society. What does matter - illegal discrimination, slavery, civil rights, property ownership, citizenship, etc etc, has been granted to all races in the United States, and it is illegal to violate any of that.

Understand?

There's a difference between racism and legal discrimination. Obviously my initial post was about the first. We were talking about % of people with racist beliefs, not government given rights. You can't change the subject because I gave evidence and you can't find any.

Also how can you "stack" questions like "should interracial marriage be allowed?" lol.

Anyways remember that post where you said I was just saying people should trust me and not giving proof? Well put up or shut up.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dankhan6: They're definition of racism is incredibly watered down. What they call racism can literally be found all around the world. By your logic, India is the most racist country on the planet, since the vast majority of the population only believes in same-race marriage.

And, like I said, if you're going to split hairs, you're a racist, too. We all have a degree of judgements and stigmas (small as they may be) for superficial reasons. To say otherwise is a lie, and you know it.

DarkRide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on, fellas. Cap wouldn't want you to quarrel.

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FableCounty

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/118740/3080325-cap.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/98/c2/fb/98c2fb5d1acb1903b1bd0a9136b383f5.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7666/1093817-00.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/2963/103768-1628-107870-1-captain-america.jpg

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Capfan85

@darkride: I agree

Cap and Trump have different personalities, Cap is the typical all-American Momma's boy raised in a Catholic immigrant home... his Mom was a nurse and his Dad was a soldier in world war 1.. his parents were not rich or wealthy, but they were couragous and selfless. Cap was raised in the great depression too, and was sick and small so he knows what it means to be the little guy.

Cap is selfless, religous, humble, and devoted to what he feels is right. They do have some things in common like christianity and love of America. Cap seems to be more compassionate and able to inspire people. I think Cap would disagree with the way Trump handles his business with all of the insults and rhetoric, and the whole Trump University.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does Cap know about politics?