How well would Marvel's "The Punisher" (Netflix) portray Frank Castle?

ClassicKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Marvel's The Punisher is just around-the-corner.

Title says it all, how good will the producers be able to mimic The Punisher's character?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ClassicKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: It IS in general discussion. Whats the matter?

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am convinced it is going to be perfect. Jon Bernthal seems to really care about the character and getting him right. In an interview I saw he said he fought to make sure Punisher isn't too likable, because while he is the protagonist, he is still a tortured, murderous vigilante, a guy that should be hard to root for. He doesn't want to compromise Frank's character just to look cool for the fans. I'd say he understands Frank pretty well and has put a lot of thought and effort into him.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@jayc1324 said:

I am convinced it is going to be perfect. Jon Bernthal seems to really care about the character and getting him right. In an interview I saw he said he fought to make sure Punisher isn't too likable, because while he is the protagonist, he is still a tortured, murderous vigilante, a guy that should be hard to root for. He doesn't want to compromise Frank's character just to look cool for the fans. I'd say he understands Frank pretty well and has put a lot of thought and effort into him.

Some really good points here, but now matter how he plays him, fans will never stop loving the Punisher.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

When does the show come out by the way? Gonna blow the rest out of the water.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

moviebob said the same thing about his portrayal in Daredevil. How, no matter how hardcore badass Punisher was, he was never actually "cool." He was never an action hero, no one liners besides the "Bang!", he just wasn't actually a "cool" guy. If you imagine Frank's life had his family never died, he'd probably just be a really boring guy. Nothing very interesting about him at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ClassicKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: Its now been in General Discussion for 3 days. If its double posted, the mods would lock it. I have no problem with it :)