#1 Posted by skywalker95 (5070 posts) - - Show Bio

Their battle has been long anticipated, so how do you think Carol did against the Mad Titan?

#2 Edited by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio

He got totally owned
but SW and SB Thor owned him to. He really is a jobber lets be real here

which really puts that beating Thanos put on hulk in IW in perspective. Hulk's below SB Thor, SW, Time Stone Strange and Carol danvers clearly.

#3 Posted by incursion2 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

She did alright, but she wasn't having an easy time fighting him

#4 Posted by Eobard21 (6398 posts) - - Show Bio

She did okay

#5 Posted by Magian (152121 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thanos wasn't in possession of the Power Stone, I could see him losing to her. Rather badly too.

#6 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12946 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve only seen it once, but I vaguely remember her starting to overpower him until he used the Power Gem

#7 Posted by Trololololol (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: When did stormbreaker Thor own Thanos ? He didn't land a single hit on him with either mjolnir or Stormbreaker , and was getting his face smashed in by Thanos. Thor got like 2 minutes of screentime during the final fight , and he was being beaten by Thanos for the most of it.

If you meant SB Thor as in IW , then that was a sneak attack and doesn't mean anything .

#8 Posted by TobyMaguire (831 posts) - - Show Bio

@skywalker95: Both of them did extremely well. She was stronger than him but Thanos outsmarted her by using power stone only for him to get outsmarted by Ironman.

#9 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11589 posts) - - Show Bio

He got totally owned

but SW and SB Thor owned him to. He really is a jobber lets be real here

which really puts that beating Thanos put on hulk in IW in perspective. Hulk's below SB Thor, SW, Time Stone Strange and Carol danvers clearly.

I wouldn't say he was jobbing in EG. He was actually trying to kill them and was pissed off this time around. But I wouldn't take the IW Thor feat as anything more than PIS since overpowering the infinity gauntlet doesn't make any sense.

#10 Posted by Amcu (17073 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually seemed stronger than her. She seemed to get more powerful towards the end of their encounter.

#11 Edited by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:

it doesn't make sense to those who don't like the fact that Thor beat him.
"show me feat show me feat show me feats"
*shows em feats*
it cant be!

cant have it both ways. I'm not gonna go back in forth with ppl who deny clear evidence of SB Thor beating Thanos.
Russos are so overrated. Sure Winter soldier was good but these dudes are not good at displaying consistent power levels. I do concede that much of their battles don't make sense. Sure they're visually stunning but the feats and power levels are all over the place and too inconsistent to follow or hold any weight in logical arguments.

#12 Posted by dirtytree332 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Too well. She was able to no-sell a hit from Thanos.

#13 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11589 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau said:

@mister_surreal:

*shows em feats*

it cant be!

cant have it both ways. I'm not gonna go back in forth with ppl who deny clear evidence of SB Thor beating Thanos.

Russos are so overrated. Sure Winter soldier was good but these dudes are not good at displaying consistent power levels. I do concede that much of their battles don't make sense. Sure they're visually stunning but the feats and power levels are all over the place and too inconsistent to follow or hold any weight in logical arguments.

Fair point, but this isn't a matter of me not liking Thor beating Thanos because of some type of bias, this is just me looking at the logic presented and calling BS when I see something that doesn't add up. The way that I see it, the feat was about as valid as Captain America holding back Thanos when Thanos himself was clearly confused. As you have just stated, there power levels ARE all over the place to the extent where they hold no weight in logical arguments, it's something called PIS. So, I'm, sticking to the opinion that an object with the power to make changes on a cosmic scale woulf not be so easily defeated by a magical axe. Or you could politely explain how Stormbreaker could overpower something that gives you power over the 6 fundamental aspects of existence that is canonically the most powerful object in each Marvel universe.

#14 Posted by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau said:

@mister_surreal:

*shows em feats*

it cant be!

Fair point, but this isn't a matter of me not liking Thor beating Thanos because of some type of bias, this is just me looking at the logic presented and calling BS when I see something that doesn't add up. The way that I see it, the feat was about as valid as Captain America holding back Thanos when Thanos himself was clearly confused. As you have just stated, there power levels ARE all over the place to the extent where they hold no weight in logical arguments, it's something called PIS. So, I'm, sticking to the opinion that an object with the power to make changes on a cosmic scale woulf not be so easily defeated by a magical axe. Or you could politely explain how Stormbreaker could overpower something that gives you power over the 6 fundamental aspects of existence that is canonically the most powerful object in each Marvel universe.

It's BS to me as well. Like I say the inconsistencies are everywhere.
My argument isn't SB Thor (IW) > IG Thanos
but
SB Thor (IW) > Thanos (base)

#15 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11589 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Magneto1995 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Endgame thor fought no differently than any other thor, go back and watch any of his fights to see. IW thor just caught Thanos off guard. Thor is still the 3rd strongest avenger after Cpt Marvel and Hulk, he is also top 4 most powerful. He has been massively overrated because of IW.

#18 Posted by Kidolio (1153 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Rebake (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Endgame thor fought no differently than any other thor, go back and watch any of his fights to see. IW thor just caught Thanos off guard. Thor is still the 3rd strongest avenger after Cpt Marvel and Hulk, he is also top 4 most powerful. He has been massively overrated because of IW.

EG Thor didn't use lightning as effectively as he did in the last 2 films. He was back to his old self, but slower, though dual wielding. Thor's swings in early EG (still IW condition) seemed faster and more precise. Thor's movement and lightning at the very least was nerfed. He was literally shown to be out of shape.

#20 Posted by SleepingSlaves (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

She did surprisingly little.

#21 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28776 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly expected her to do more, but to be fair, she did much better than anyone else besides Scarlet Witch (who didn't fight him with the stones).

#22 Posted by ChildoftheAtom (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: thats because they make quality movies. I mean when it gets to these high end stuff dont you see the nerds will just take it and run. Most cant be pleased anyways. The whole feats obsession is really not that big an issue in most mediums. Sure consistency is very important but the nerds take it and corrupt it.

#23 Posted by Kidolio (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@childoftheatom: I think we just analyze it more then most, sure we also over analyze but that just comes with trying to figure things out about fiction.

#24 Posted by Nico0517 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain marvel did quite well, as she kind of overpowered Thanos for a while, despite being thrown out the first time and blasted by the power stone.

But scarlet witch and Peak Thor(Who has training and a good mental capacity) should do better in terms of offensive capability. Wanda might be out of the battle if she gets hit as she has bad defense and durability.

#25 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5266 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember in their first scuffle Thanos was fighting with one hand because he was holding the gauntlet in the other.

Then on the 2nd time around I’m under the impression that she was absorbing the energy of the stones.

Nonetheless, she did better than anyone save Wanda.

#26 Posted by Nico0517 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: I also think that Thor didn't use his potential as he kind of relies on Stormbreaker and Mjolnir too much. With his infinity war mental state and instinct, along with enough training, he should do better than what we see in Endgame. He was definitely out of shape and mind(being nerfed) this time. Hope he will return from Fat thor to the real God of Thunder in GOGT3 or Thor 4 if they will be out.

#27 Posted by buildhare (8759 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

She was stomping him.

#28 Posted by Mrnoital (8144 posts) - - Show Bio

she pretty clearly would've beat him 1on1 without any stones

#29 Posted by imagein (891 posts) - - Show Bio

She pulled a Luke Cage on Thanos and COMPLETELY no sold a headbutt from him, she would’ve killed him mid-difficulty because of his sheer skill level + durability if he didn’t have any stones. Thanos was smart in using his size + Carol’s speed + momentum against her, and tossing her so he had enough time to use the gauntlet.

#30 Posted by Abhikanail (18 posts) - - Show Bio

She overpowered him.