How to get into the current main Marvel story arc?

Faultech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Faultech

So basically I am "new-ish" to reading any kind of comic book, graphic novel, etc. I have read a a few one-shots here and there over the last couple years and built a general idea of what I like, but never get fully invested into a full story line. I would very much like to get into the current cannon Marvel story arc and be caught up in what is going on right now, but I don't have a clue where to start. I found it relatively easier with DC as they managed to reboot their entire universe with the "New 52" and more recently "Rebirth" (sort of) which gave me a solid issue 1 to start the story line from. However when it comes to marvel i'm not sure where to start, I've tried to watch videos to figure out my queries and give me an idea of what's going on so I could pick up where a recent video is left off but it's very hard for me to distinguish what's alternate and whats not. So basically I'm asking if there's a good starting point I can begin to read that I could use to catch up with the current standing of the universe?

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Batvibe12

If you're talking about Secret Empire, then you will want to start at Secret Wars.

Faultech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not, I am waiting and seeing if marvel is worth buying again.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tomkatie

I read Secret Wars and then read the Captain America: Steve Rogers book to get into current Marvel.

The general trick, at least for me, for getting into comics is pick a character you like and empathize with, read books centered around or featuring that character, and eventually you'll find yourself getting into more of the lore and the other characters. It's really not long before you're hooked. I did this with DC and Tim Drake when I first got into comics.

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't blame you for asking this question. Marvel has become so convoluted in an attempt to get new readers that it has ironically become very difficult to introduce new readers to their universe.