How strong would you have to be to hurt Superman?

Hulkbuster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How strong would you have to be to hurt Superman?

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's not really a set strength, just be a powerhouse basically. Capable of lifting over 100 tons

Hulkbuster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen Batman punch Superman and is able to hurt him a little but Superman was rolling with the punch and said that if he hadn't. Batman's whole arm would have been unless. I've seen Batman amped up with the Venom drug punch Superman in the face and have him bleed. Don't know if he was rolling with that punch to and I've seen Spider-man hurt Superman with a punch and a kick before Superman started bracing himself. So How strong would you have to be to hurt Superman with punches while doing little to no harm to themselvies.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really does depend on the writer. Sometimes Batman can punch and hurt him. Sometimes he cannot. His durability is pretty much random.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: lifting strength isn't exactly useless, you need to be strong enough to have the power to hurt superman.

jedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any strength that can knock him out

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would make no sense if anyone who's fist is moving slower than relativistic speed is able to hurt Superman.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tyger

Depends on what's going on. Anyone with Kryptonite could hurt him. Or magic. Or if they had a means that specifically bypassed his invulnerability. Also, he's a battery, so his invulnerability can wane further into a fight.

I've seen Batman punch Superman and is able to hurt him a little but Superman was rolling with the punch and said that if he hadn't. Batman's whole arm would have been unless. I've seen Batman amped up with the Venom drug punch Superman in the face and have him bleed. Don't know if he was rolling with that punch to and I've seen Spider-man hurt Superman with a punch and a kick before Superman started bracing himself. So How strong would you have to be to hurt Superman with punches while doing little to no harm to themselvies.

That would fall under the 'specific bypass' category. Lex Luthor had a device that utilized red solar energy to counter it, and even with Spider-Man's enhanced strength, he couldn't do much damage, or for long. (Which is probably why Luthor didn't save the device.)

Now just going punch for punch, it's going to take quite a lot. Even amongst 'gods' of each universe, only the strongest will really manage it with a punch.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By CitizenSentry

Superman is weak as hell, it's his "shield" that protects him.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Goku.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really does depend on the writer. Sometimes Batman can punch and hurt him. Sometimes he cannot. His durability is pretty much random.

Yep one minute he survives a semi-planet level attack and the next he get's his ribs cracked by a mountain busting attack. It fluctuates alot depending upon the writer.

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbuster13: When and how did you see Spider-Man punch Superman?!

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Quickfingers26

I think you could hurt Superman without too much strength. You'd just need to attack his weak areas. Family, Lois, bottled city of Kandor, etc.

hahaha I keed, I keed.

In truth, comic hero durability seems hard to quantify as it wildly fluctuates, as one moment a hero can walk on a star or tank a nuke, and the next a class100 is tuning him up.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is weak as hell, it's his "shield" that protects him.

pssh

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CitizenSentry

@sodamyat:

Hey if you want the link i'll send you it.

And also?

A Jimmy Fallon GIF?, Your standards are dwindling significantly.

LOL.

PS: Not his shield, his Aura. I tried using small words for a change.

This is what it says:

Not many people know this, but there are some stories that say Superman's invulnerability is not from inherent toughness of flesh, but from a superthin aura that surrounds him at all times. This is why the cape may get tattered in many battles, but no matter what the suit never comes off to leave a naked Kryptonian having on-panel battles with laser-toting aliens.

As everyone who has seen the trailers for Superman Returns knows, metal bullets bend on this aura, even when they're over the iris of the eye, but they are not repelled, so it's not electro-magnetic. And while not many people want to touch Clark Kent, those that do don't notice anything strange, so it can't be heat-related or a super-rigid material.

Plenty of people shed skin cells, and sweat during the day. Since Superman is made up of different materials (or at least his eyeballs are), whatever he sheds has to be easy for a slow-moving object to move through, but turn impenetrable on impact. It has to, therefore, be a non-Newtonian fluid. Many non-Newtonian fluids can be manipulated quite easily if they are touched slowly and without much force. A person standing on one would sink into it. However, give the fluid quick push, and it become rigid, and resistant to force. A person running on such a non-Newtonian fluid can make it across without any trouble, since the impact of their feet makes the fluid stiffen and support their weight. Likewise, someone slowly and carefully touching Superman wouldn't notice anything amiss, while a sudden impact would make his non-Newtonian fluid aura turn impenetrable. Interestingly, custard is a non-Newtonian fluid. This theory could be tested if anyone were to lick Superman and see if he tastes sweet

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

You would have to be <<<<<<<<<Goku

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@citizensentry: Superman has Kryptonian bone structure. Even without his powers, a human being's hand would break if they tried to hit him. He's from a planet with stronger gravity, his bones are stronger.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

What's your definition of "hurting" him? It's not hard to hit the guy and have him feel it, or send him off his feet. He has a relatively normal body mass. But to actually inflict damage? Dayyummmmm, I don't know maine.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CitizenSentry

@superguy1591:

Who the hell said anything about hitting him?

I'd just run him over slowly with a tank.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the writer, and how lazy they are.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: His striking power is nowhere near what?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat:

Really? Jimmy Fallon, now Bill Cosby?

What's next? Neck Feats?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Equally as fast and durable.

Or have a enchanted magic weapon that does magical damage.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would have to be <<<<<<<<<Goku

SSJ Goku<<<<<<<<<Goku