#1 Posted by Justiceleague1 (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, how strong is he..?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#2 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Peak human

#3 Posted by rogueshadow (29264 posts) - - Show Bio

3 tonner.

#4 Posted by Kevd4wg (12750 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn’t have many lifting feats so there’s no definite ton amount by lifting feats he’s not that much as his best feat is catching Hulks arm but his implied strength particularly through striking feats like by being able to knock back hulk and cause a large shockwave. At the very least MCU Thor is a 100 tonner but I’m pretty sure he’s a good bit higher.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#5 Edited by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

Below MCU cap

#6 Posted by Marishtar (2052 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9209 posts) - - Show Bio

Below human.

#8 Posted by lordraiden (9663 posts) - - Show Bio

are people taking the piss?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a17443203429
#9 Posted by deactivated-5a17443203429 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough

#10 Edited by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to crush Gold - titanium alloy which is 4 times stronger than regular titanium though it was thin layered though. Hulk is at least a few thousand tonner, so Thor shouldn't be too much below him considering his strikes hurt and even daze Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
#11 Posted by deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: Hulk a few thousand tonner I’m lifting strength? No feats to show that...

#12 Edited by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@lfrankthetank27 said:

@superhero24: Hulk a few thousand tonner I’m lifting strength? No feats to show that...

lol what? He crushed thick Gold - titanium alloy with his whole hand. As stated before it's 4 times stronger than regular titanium. The Hulkbuster was thick, so we can actually determine the strength needed to tear chunks off it. A36 steel has a ultimate tensile strength between 400 - 550 mpa. I'll take the minimum for you of 400 mpa = 58,015 lbs/in^2. 550 mpa = 79,771 lbs/in^2. Iron man's armor would be a minimum 1.6 GPA = 232,060.4 lbs/in^2. Hulk would have to output thousands of tons per arm let alone the whole body to tear off chunks the size of his hand. This is lowballing, since the Iron man would use the titanium jets use which is a decent amount stronger than A36 steel.

The Leviathan has been calced by Gubz to weigh 1,200 tons without its armor scaling from the Blue whale. Film theory, who is usually accurate with his calcs, stated Hulk during his fight with Thor in Avengers breaks the ground of the Helicarrier. He states Hulk would have had to output 3,768,000 lbs of force or 1,880 tons of force per individual foot of his. Hulk later in that fight jumps with enough force to tear thru the whole level of the same material.

He has 4 good feats that put him in the thousands of tons if not much more.

#13 Posted by ManCalledNova (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Weaker than me

Stronger than you

#14 Posted by ManCalledNova (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: Let's not act like breaking through a metal wall is now a 1000 ton feat somehow.

Anyways, Thor crushed Iron Man (475%)'s armor while weakened, and the same Iron Man could push easily 100+ ton rotors at mach 3 (at 312%) without getting damaged. Later, when he got trapped between the rotors, he endured about the same amount of damage, maybe slightly more than what Thor did to him.

#15 Posted by macleen (3444 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: Let's not act like breaking through a metal wall is now a 1000 ton feat somehow.

Anyways, Thor crushed Iron Man (475%)'s armor while weakened, and the same Iron Man could push easily 100+ ton rotors at mach 3 (at 312%) without getting damaged. Later, when he got trapped between the rotors, he endured about the same amount of damage, maybe slightly more than what Thor did to him.

I don't think power level has got anything to do with durability, but power output

#16 Posted by Gaoron (8799 posts) - - Show Bio

Above Kryptonians

Below Earthlings

#17 Posted by ManCalledNova (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:
@iamsilversurfer said:

I don't think power level has got anything to do with durability, but power output

Not saying you're wrong, but

When Tony fell from sky in IM after getting hit by a tank cannon, he was fine.

When Rhodey fell from sky in CW, he was almost paralyzed

I know that logically it doesn't make sense, but still

#18 Posted by Helloman (29755 posts) - - Show Bio

Not strong enough.

#19 Posted by macleen (3444 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:
@iamsilversurfer said:

Not saying you're wrong, but

When Tony fell from sky in IM after getting hit by a tank cannon, he was fine.

When Rhodey fell from sky in CW, he was almost paralyzed

I know that logically it doesn't make sense, but still

good point but I think the height difference of the falls is quite big. And also his suit has been damage even at full charge like his fight with whiplash and also held his own with very little power when he fought Ironmonger.

What I understand is that, power gives him some sort of shock absorbing durability but it's limited and does not increase with increase in power.

#20 Posted by LDM (5361 posts) - - Show Bio

Not strong as Spidey apparently

#21 Posted by Kevd4wg (12750 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamsilversurfer: The reason that Rhodey was in Danger was because for 1 it was a much higher drop, his suit had just taken major integral damage, and the energy was off so there was no defense system.

#22 Edited by ManCalledNova (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

@iamsilversurfer: The reason that Rhodey was in Danger was because for 1 it was a much higher drop, his suit had just taken major integral damage, and the energy was off so there was no defense system.

Exactly my point.

The power atleast provides some significant protection

#23 Posted by Kevd4wg (12750 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamsilversurfer: Oh I see now that's a good point, bu I think that comparing Thor's damage and the Helicarrier damage is very different. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bucky with his metal arm crush Ironman's armor with his Metal arm and he is most definitely not more than a 10 tonner with his metal arm. If anything that just supports the energy argument even more.

#24 Posted by ManCalledNova (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

@iamsilversurfer: Oh I see now that's a good point, bu I think that comparing Thor's damage and the Helicarrier damage is very different. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bucky with his metal arm crush Ironman's armor with his Metal arm and he is most definitely not more than a 10 tonner with his metal arm. If anything that just supports the energy argument even more.

I do believe Civil war Iron Man was nerfed. He was damaged by falling on a metal grill from a few feet. His thrustors couldn't even move Cap, who restrained a flying Tony with one arm. Same thrustors which helped him move those heavy rotors at supersonic speed, fly at hypersonic speed and lift half a ship.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#25 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15883 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to flip a big table and stop a Dragon from eating him.

#26 Posted by deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: Yes in striking feats. Impressive no doubt, I was talking lifting feats. He struggled to lift a humvee in his solo movie and has had few lifting feats since then.

#27 Posted by macleen (3444 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: or maybe the energy protects the person inside the suit but the Titanium alloy is the one that protects the suit. Not sure if it makes sense

#28 Edited by KanyeCosby (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

Weaker than DCEU Superman

#29 Posted by gunchar16 (1724 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: Yes in striking feats. Impressive no doubt, I was talking lifting feats. He struggled to lift a humvee in his solo movie and has had few lifting feats since then.

Tearing pieces off metal requires strength. That isn't striking. You can easily scale his grip strength to his lifting strength. They already have scaling for regular human grip strength to lifting strength. Pulling up on mjolnir to break the ground is lifting strength as well. He also lifts up the leviathan after punching it.

#31 Posted by deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: You really can’t scale grip strength to lifting strength. Cap applied 140 tons of grip strength in TWS when barging open a steel door, does that mean he can lift 140 tons??

#32 Posted by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: You really can’t scale grip strength to lifting strength. Cap applied 140 tons of grip strength in TWS when barging open a steel door, does that mean he can lift 140 tons??

He doesn't tear any steel door in Winter Soldier. We can scale grip strength. Your benching is going to be much higher than your grip strength alone. Hulk pulling up on mjolnir also isnt grip either. It is all strength in that feat. Hulk jumping thru the whole level with Thor on his back is all leg strength as well. We can scale regular people with their grip to bench. People can bence around their weight on average.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/norms/handgrip.htm

#33 Posted by FangDaNerd (1617 posts) - - Show Bio

Below CW Arrow.

#34 Edited by JanJuKBMa (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Too weak

#35 Posted by Farkam (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to get rekt by Wonder Woman :)

#36 Posted by BloodBlackJack (105 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Farkam (12025 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Amcu (16643 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong.

#39 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: A 3 tonner? Thor effortlessly caught and flew a car back up (that fell off sokovia) with one arm... How could he possibly only lift 3 tons?

#41 Posted by rogueshadow (29264 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@rogueshadow: A 3 tonner? Thor effortlessly caught and flew a car back up (that fell off sokovia) with one arm... How could he possibly only lift 3 tons?

Think.

#42 Posted by MainJP (5915 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to get the lid off a pickle jar...hopefully.

#43 Edited by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I am, that's how I came the to the conclusion that 3 tons is crazy

#44 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

Multi-thousand tonner

#45 Posted by Amcu (16643 posts) - - Show Bio

Multi-thousand tonner

I'm so glad he's finally there. Honestly didn't think he would ever get feats like this.

#46 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18261 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably pretty strong by now. We haven't seen him take a bath (maybe shower?) since his first movie and we've seen him sweat a lot.

#47 Edited by ThunderPrince (6968 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:
@worldofthunder said:

Multi-thousand tonner

I'm so glad he's finally there. Honestly didn't think he would ever get feats like this.

Prior to Ragnarok I still stood by Thor being a multi-thousand tonner, it's just that IW actually gave him a visually impressive raw strenght feat. None of his other strenght feats looked impressive even though they were, tbh. Ragnarok at least made him a little flashier with him smashing Hulk's face with the warhammer and him throwing that one dude like hundred feet away.

I also don't think Thor got any particularly stronger in Ragnarok than what he already was. Everyone kept saying he got amped, but all I understood was that he merely got a revelation about his powers and learning to use his godly powers without a tool to help him. Odin never once said Thor would get stronger or something. It also wouldn't make much sense as Hulk's supposed to be the top dog of the MCU when it comes to strenght.

#49 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's Pure Strength Feats

Thor 1

- Throwing Mjolnir for miles, even if the thing weighs 10 pounds that's still outrageous (people never think of this as a strength feat)

- Sending a 10 foot Frost Giant flying off screen with a kick

The Avengers (while weakened from Odin's dark magic)

- Crushed Iron Man's wrist gauntlet with a one handed squeeze

- Blocked Hulk's downward punch with one arm and lifted it with two

- Put the Hulk in a choke hold that he couldn't break free from

Age of Ultron (back to normal)

- Sent Iron Man's Ultron controlled robots flying with a punch (Cap's punches didn't effect them at all)

- Threw an Ultron controlled Iron Man robot through a metal guard rail

- Through a lady like a thousand feet with one hand

- Caught a car in mid-air with one hand and flew with it

Thor: Ragnarok

- Broke out of SEVERAL chains, which only one of is strong enough to hold a 50 foot tall, 100 foot long (tail included) Dragon

- Stopped that same dragon from dragging him through the ground

- Opened the mouth of the dragon and briefly held it open with one hand

- Threw one of Sakaar's scavangers aliens hundreds of meters with one arm

- Broke free from the metal arm restraints in the Grandmaster's chair (not terribly impressive but still)

- Put the Hulk in a chokehold that he couldn't break out of (again)

- Punched through the hull of a spaceship (which destroyed the entire ship)

- Tore through the hull of a spaceship, pulled the engine out with ONE HAND and threw it like a soft ball (that easy)

- Ripped the cock pit off another spaceship

Avengers: Infinity War

- Threw Rocket Raccon's small spacecraft like a discus, with enough force to give it's thrusters an extra boost

- Stuck out one hand to brace himself and his hand tore through the metal like he was rubbing it through sand

- Played "tug of war" with the full powered thrusters of Rocket's spacecraft which pulled a town sized Mega Ring

- Not only did it pull the ring itself, but it pulled it apart from being frozen stuck to another ring. (imagine pulling a vehicle, now imagine pulling that same vehicle while it's stuck)

- Opened the door to the star gate, which is hard to quantify but he visibly strained more than when he pulled the ring so I'd assume it took more strength

#50 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

The Star Forge feat is the only time we've ever seen Thor physically strain to lift or pull something while fully powered. He strained catching Hulk's blow in The Avengers but Thor was weakened at the time.

To be honest Thor didn't really strain a lot while pulling the ring with Rocket's ship, it looked like a work out but not a maximum effort like Cap holding down that helicopter. He strained the most while opening the door to the Star Gate, but it still was a little less effort than Cap and the chopper.