How powerful is Garm/fenrir from God of War?

Allfugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Considering how everyone was shitting their pants over Garm getting loose? And can seemingly rip apart wormholes at will?

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did nothing above building level besides realm tear hax, but god of war debates will cry if you don't call him multiversal.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unkillable and can destroy the Nine Realms, even as a puppy the doggo got feats lol

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty strong but not on the same level of Kratos tier since he could hold him in place a few times or drag him etc.

Pretty durable and basically can’t die as well as realm travel, definitely one of the more powerful monsters in the Norse saga but it’s quite hard to rank him tbh being able to revive itself is probably it’s biggest factor vs say Nidhogg.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MaulSmacker
@reaperthegrim said:

Did nothing above building level besides realm tear hax, but god of war debates will cry if you don't call him multiversal.

*debaters , if you're gonna take jabs atleast be competent enough to do it without stumbling in the way

@ready_4_madness said:

@reaperthegrim: funny thing is that you’re the one who’s crying

yea he is a bit pissed off because everyone doesn't agree with his opinion and he doesn't like his inability to actually disprove arguments.

OT ----> can eat the nine realms per canon so overtime can eat nine universes if left unchecked, dunno about timeframe but should be pretty quick if he was an immediate threat.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperthegrim said:

*debaters , if you're gonna take jabs atleast be competent enough to do it without stumbling in the way

*At least

@ready_4_madness said:

yea he is a bit pissed off because everyone doesn't agree with his opinion and he doesn't like his inability to actually disprove arguments.

OT ----> can eat the nine realms per canon so overtime can eat nine universes if left unchecked, dunno about timeframe but should be pretty quick if he was an immediate threat.

Your arguments are face-palm worthy, they don't need disproving when the source material lacks the feats to back up a single one of your points. Just show Kratos destroying a universe then.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MaulSmacker
@reaperthegrim said:
@maulsmacker said:
@reaperthegrim said:

*At least

@ready_4_madness said:

Your arguments are face-palm worthy, they don't need disproving when the source material lacks the feats to back up a single one of your points. Just show Kratos destroying a universe then.

*At least

at the very least , I'm not the one taking meaningless Jabs , am I?

Your arguments are face-palm worthy,

so is your CV account pal.

they don't need disproving when the source material lacks the feats to back up a single one of your points. Just show Kratos destroying a universe then.

mountain of feats and narrative , two on screen universal feats , get to work bud , only reply if you've a legitmate point beyond assertive criticism.

KratosWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sub Jormungandr, Kratos, Thor and that lot ignoring the ability to resurrect pretty much instantly. Got crazy lore statements like having devoured the season between winter and spring though.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was going to destroy nine realms(and didn’t even seem like he was doing it on purpose) and he can eat concepts so pretty powerful

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: I'm not reading through all that. Can you show me the two on screen universal feats? Because I agree with him, uni + multiverse kratos is the goofiest take ever

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MaulSmacker
@vjbthe3 said:

@maulsmacker: I'm not reading through all that. Can you show me the two on screen universal feats? Because I agree with him, uni + multiverse kratos is the goofiest take ever

the first is the GIF in the ouranos section and the second is Surtur nuking Asgard in the Surtur section, don't care if you think it's goofy, anyone with common sense knows it to be true, every God of War debater who knows the verse on CV agrees with it.Just sit down and read the Blog I sent with an open mind and focus , thats all I ask, because if you approach it with focus and open mind then you'll agree too.

regardless , the thread is about Garm and not Kratos , Garm can vertabim eat the fabric of the nine realms and can destroy all the realms except Asgard , so atleast 8×uni

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vjbthe3 said:

the first is the GIF in the ouranos section and the second is Surtur nuking Asgard in the Surtur section, don't care if you think it's goofy, anyone with common sense knows it to be true, every God of War debater who knows the verse on CV agrees with it.

regardless , the thread is about Garm and not Kratos , Garm can vertabim eat the fabric of the nine realms and can destroy all the realms except Asgard , so atleast 8×uni

Surtr didn't even destroy all of Asgard, how is that universal? Kratos was also cock blocked by Asgard's Sub mountain height wall just like everyone else bar Rangnarok, they all needed sindri's machine to destroy the weakened section of the wall so how does anyone even scale to Ragnarok anyway?

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker said:
@vjbthe3 said:

the first is the GIF in the ouranos section and the second is Surtur nuking Asgard in the Surtur section, don't care if you think it's goofy, anyone with common sense knows it to be true, every God of War debater who knows the verse on CV agrees with it.

Surtr didn't even destroy all of Asgard, how is that universal? Kratos was also cock blocked by Asgard's Sub mountain height wall just like everyone else bar Rangnarok, they all needed sindri's machine to destroy the weakened section of the wall so how does anyone even scale to Ragnarok anyway?

Surtr didn't even destroy all of Asgard, how is that universal?

only very small fragments fell here and there , the majority of the Asgard was straight up destroyed.

Kratos was also cock blocked by Asgard's Sub mountain height wall just like everyone else bar Rangnarok, they all needed sindri's machine to destroy the weakened section of the wall

The Wall that was constructed by Hrimthur , Thamur's son wasn't normal and could fire lasers that were cucking even Ragnarok , their raw durability would be bypassed only if those lasers are somehow bypassed, also Kratos was using the army to destroy the walls , no one actually attacked it.

so how does anyone even scale to Ragnarok anyway?

Hm, Thor being stated to be the most powerful to the point he has no match in strength , in the Art of God of ar Ragnarok artbook and its consistent with Thor fighting Surtur and Jormungandarr at once in ragnarok.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker said:

only very small fragments fell here and there , the majority of the Asgard was straight up destroyed.

Which means the realms are finite in size, and probably not all that big.

The Wall that was constructed by Hrimthur , Thamur's son wasn't normal and could fire lasers that were cucking even Ragnarok , their raw durability would be bypassed only if those lasers are somehow bypassed, also Kratos was using the army to destroy the walls , no one actually attacked it.

The maker doesn't mean much without any evidence that the walls are just made of good Stone. Is the fact that they have laser defenses actually meant to convince anyone that all of a sudden these walls are too much for the universal Kratos to deal with?

It doesn't matter if they didn't try to attack the wall itself. The narrative outright has Mimir sulk about the fact that without Surtur taking advantage of the wall's secret weakness they have little chance of success.

Hm, Thor being stated to be the most powerful to the point he has no match in strength , in the Art of God of ar Ragnarok artbook and its consistent with Thor fighting Surtur and Jormungandarr at once in ragnarok.

Why would anyone take a character description in an artbook as legitimate when it contradicts the game's story? I'm sorry, but as much as the Thor vs Jormungandarr match was hyped in 2018, it amounted to nothing more than a pathetic game of tag in the background while the universe buster Kratos waddled around the battlefield fighting mooks.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperthegrim:

Which means the realms are finite in size, and probably not all that big

I mean , they've Nebulaes and stars so pretty darn big as well as being reffered as universes , the size of an Universe is finite at any given moment thus I don't see anything making Asgard "small".

The maker doesn't mean much without any evidence that the walls are just made of good Stone. Is the fact that they have laser defenses actually meant to convince anyone that all of a sudden these walls are too much for the universal Kratos to deal with?

Again , these aren't normal walls , Kratos isn't even attacking them and the lasers and counterattacking systems that these walls have are even pushing Ragnarok Surtur back , I don't see the part where this is meant to be an anti feat or contradiction , the wall is literally firing powerful energy beams and shit , its clearly not normal at all.

It doesn't matter if they didn't try to attack the wall itself. The narrative outright has Mimir sulk about the fact that without Surtur taking advantage of the wall's secret weakness they have little chance of success

Mimir doesn't want Surtur to just destroy the walls though also Kratos isn't actively attacking the wall anywhere in that scene so.... , as he says he is looking for a realm destroying Fire Giant because that is the only way they would win , they won't beat Thor and Odin together no matter what and Surtur destroying asgard is how they won the seige of asgard all together

Why would anyone take a character description in an artbook as legitimate when it contradicts the game's story?

because there are no contradictions to that statement at all so....

I'm sorry, but as much as the Thor vs Jormungandarr match was hyped in 2018, it amounted to nothing more than a pathetic game of tag in the background while the universe buster Kratos waddled around the battlefield fighting mooksv

I'm not intrested in conversing about the quality of the battle tbh, but the fact is that Thor took Jormungandarr and Surtur at once in the background and wasn't ever damaged in the slightest , which is consistent with his artbook statement of him being the strongest in the norse pantheon , as well as with Kratos thinking Freyr can hold off Ragnarok while Kratos felt the need to fight Thor himself , which is also consistent with Freyr calling Thor a bigger problem then Surtur.

also the hit back in time part still happened so the Yggdrasil being shaken so violently it starts to spinter part must've happened as well so.......yea Thor has the feat we all expected , just not in the same well written and produced way as one would wish.