How powerful are the Elder Gods (Marvel)?

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Chthon, Set, Gaea
Chthon, Set, Gaea
Oshtur
Oshtur

How powerful are Chthon, Set, Gaea and Oshtur compare to Sky-Fathers, Cosmic Entities, Shuma-Gorath etc?

Also, where would you rank them from strongest to weakest (Chthon, Set, Gaea, Oshtur)?

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6 takenstew22  Moderator

Stronger than Skyfathers. Maybe on the level of Celestials.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The weakest of the major ones (Gaea) is well above Odin. The strongest (Oshtur/Set/Chthon) are probably up there with the likes of Shuma-Gorath.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaea is stated to be the mother of all Gods, as far as I recall. Could be wrong.

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The weakest of the major ones (Gaea) is well above Odin. The strongest (Oshtur/Set/Chthon) are probably up there with the likes of Shuma-Gorath.

Ik some stuff about Chthon and Set and that Gaea isn't really a fighter but did Oshtur ever did anything other than birthing Agamotto and forming Vishanti?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure Gaea has consistently been portrayed as that powerful. Sometimes perhaps. I think they are somewhere between Skyfather and someone like Shuma who is said to be far above the combined power of the Vishanti which is 3 of the more powerful elder gods.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I'm not sure Gaea has consistently been portrayed as that powerful. Sometimes perhaps.

At her height (Chaos War) - if I'm remembering correctly - she was depicted as far above the likes of Skyfather!Hercules, and it was her power added to his own that enabled him to go toe to toe with Mikaboshi.

I think they are somewhere between Skyfather and someone like Shuma who is said to be far above the combined power of the Vishanti which is 3 of the more powerful elder gods.

I don't remember it ever being said that Shuma > the Vishanti, let alone >> them. Oshtur has on a few occasions been depicted as the antithesis of Chthon, who himself has been compared to Shuma in recent years, as I recall.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I'm not sure Gaea has consistently been portrayed as that powerful. Sometimes perhaps.

At her height (Chaos War) - if I'm remembering correctly - she was depicted as far above the likes of Skyfather!Hercules, and it was her power added to his own that enabled him to go toe to toe with Mikaboshi.

I think they are somewhere between Skyfather and someone like Shuma who is said to be far above the combined power of the Vishanti which is 3 of the more powerful elder gods.

I don't remember it ever being said that Shuma > the Vishanti, let alone >> them. Oshtur has on a few occasions been depicted as the antithesis of Chthon, who himself has been compared to Shuma in recent years, as I recall.

Gaea was the catalyst for Hercules somehow unlocking his powers but which I think was pretty much just plot power. I think it has been said that the Vishanti combined could only hope to banish Shuma from the 616 universe though writers aren't always consistent about anything.

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baldur_odinson said:

Gaea is stated to be the mother of all Gods, as far as I recall. Could be wrong.

I think the correct word was source of all divinity.

@spambot said:
@breakofdawn said:

Gaea was the catalyst for Hercules somehow unlocking his powers but which I think was pretty much just plot power. I think it has been said that the Vishanti combined could only hope to banish Shuma from the 616 universe though writers aren't always consistent about anything.

Yeah, true. I always took Gaea's I give you my power literally because it doesn't make sense otherwise. Wasn't Herc boosted by some artifacts as well?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More powerful than Galactus, Celestials, and Skyfathers within their own dimensions.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cosmic_reign

What gives you this idea?

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cosmic_reign

@takenstew22 said:

@abdulboriy said:

More powerful than Galactus, Celestials, and Skyfathers within their own dimensions.

Yeah, NO! What gives you this idea?

OT

Principality level. Above Skyfathers/Hell Lords

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spambot

@humbleguy said:

@baldur_odinson said:

Yeah, true. I always took Gaea's I give you my power literally because it doesn't make sense otherwise. Wasn't Herc boosted by some artifacts as well?

In all honesty it doesn't really make any sense at all. She just tells Hercules to be reborn in the crater where Gaea gave birth to the gods and some mumbo jumbo and then he becomes super large(to where he dwarfs earth) and is able to knock the Chaos King through a door into an empty universe where he is sealed up. Then he uses up all his new found power to undo all the damage that CK did to the multiverse. CW was a horribly written story imo and the art was terrible as well.

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
@humbleguy said:

@baldur_odinson said:

In all honesty it doesn't really make any sense at all. She just tells Hercules to be reborn in the crater where Gaea gave birth to the gods and some mumbo jumbo and then he becomes super large(to where he dwarfs earth) and is able to knock the Chaos King through a door into an empty universe where he is sealed up. Then he uses up all his new found power to undo all the damage that CK did to the multiverse. CW was a horribly written story imo and the art was terrible as well.

That's true lol.

@destinyman75 thoughts?

AnnamalHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Above skyfathers, nothing crazy above that

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humbleguy: Hercules had artifacts and was amped by all the gods on top of that as well

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhere between Skyfathers and Abstracts.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close to celestial level I imagine

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humbleguy: Hercules had artifacts and was amped by all the gods on top of that as well

Aha thanks.

Where would you place them in hierarchy?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The less said about that nonsensical brainfart called Chaos War (a swift reminder that Pak should never ever touch any character north (in power hierarchy) of Zeus) the better.

Also, Gaea is clearly no match for Celestials, otherwise why did she bow down and offered Young Gods to them begging for to spare the Earth.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 takenstew22  Moderator

@adamtrmm said:

The less said about that nonsensical brainfart called Chaos War (a swift reminder that Pak should never ever touch any character north (in power hierarchy) of Zeus) the better.

Also, Gaea is clearly no match for Celestials, otherwise why did she bow down and offered Young Gods to them begging for to spare the Earth.

Maybe because she was out numbered.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Nah. We've never really saw what Elder Gods are capable of. They are all hype.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 takenstew22  Moderator

@adamtrmm said:
@takenstew22 said:
@adamtrmm said:

Nah. We've never really saw what Elder Gods are capable of. They are all hype.

Perhaps but I'm pretty sure they're intended to be stronger than Skyfathers.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By destinyman75

@humbleguy: above skyfathers normal galen and no named celestials.

But below true shuma who has multiversal threats as underlings