How Much Information Does Cerebro (and Cerebra) Give About Mutants?

DarknessClad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've never been quite clear on this, what information do these Mutant detecting devices give about the Mutants they detect. I know about location and rough power level, but does it give anything else? Names, possible powers etc. I've never seen any of this type of information given by said devices in the comics, but I've never seen it much used either so I can't be sure. I got the idea from the X-Men: Evolution cartoon, not the best source I'm sure but I wanted to know if that level of specific information was consistent with the comic Cerebro or if it was just a convenient plot device.

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

The machine simply acts as a satelite dish kind off thing, it only enhances the user's ability, so it doesn't tell them anything at all, it simply allows the user to use their own power to find people at a much greater range and enhances how they see them.

Charles Xavier for example has the ability to see someone's entire past and can therefore also see their power and the level thereof. He would be able to do this with exactly the same effect if someone was standing closer to him