• 52 results
#1 Edited by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

Reaction/Combat speed. If Spidey is 10, how fast are character like Devil, Cap, Batman, Nightwing? Let's say, if Spidey is 10, characters like Batman, Devil, Cap, Nightwing should be around 7-8.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#2 Edited by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

If Spider-Man was a 10 in speed, characters like Daredevil/Iron Fist would be solid 8's or possibly low 9's, Cap would be a high-end 7 or low 8, Batman and Nightwing would probably be 6's.

Characters like Wolverine and Gorgon could range from 7-9.

#3 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Devil is faster than Dick or Bruce actually

#4 Posted by Gracetrack (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America and Daredevil are not faster than Batman and Nightwing. They are all roughly the same level of speed.

#5 Edited by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

@gracetrack: I agree, Bats and Cap are stronger tho. I would say, compare to Spidey, they're all 8, so slower than Peter but not that much..

#6 Posted by Gracetrack (4539 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by King-Ragnar (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

From a 1 to 10 scale, guys like Daredevil and Captain America are 7's or 8's. Batman and Nightwing (Composite PC/N52/Rebirth) are on the same level of Matt and Steve give or take.

#8 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually was said that N52/Rebirth Batman is faster than PC version

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#9 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Devil is faster than Dick or Bruce actually

Matt has bullet-timed .50 cal sniper bullets.

#10 Edited by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them have casual bullet time feats

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#11 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespartanb345t: correction Matt has no-look bullet timed .50 cal sniper bullets

#12 Posted by slimj87d (15629 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

@dirtytree333: i would say depending on the activity (does it require agility o catching stuff?) IF would be a 15 in some categories. I don't think I've seen Spider-man catch bullets as often as Danny has.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#13 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3764 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by BruceRogers (16723 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has probably more bullet timing feats than Batman and Nightwing combined. Probably because Nightwing doesn't have any except for one, maaaybe. People often confuse bullet timing with aim dodging.

#15 Edited by jay_z94 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of Street-Level speed tiers, I'd have it like this:

1. Solidly Superhuman: Spider-Man, Gorgon, Kaine.
  2. Enhanced/Metahuman/Low level superhuman: Black Panther, Wolverine, Iron Fist, Deathstroke, Captain America, Daredevil, Deadpool
  3. Peak Human: Batman, Nightwing, Shang Chi
  4. Olympic Athlete: Every other street leveller
#16 Edited by LanternBatman (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

Daredevil has probably more bullet timing feats than Batman and Nightwing combined. Probably because Nightwing doesn't have any except for one, maaaybe. People often confuse bullet timing with aim dodging.

Batman has three legit bullet timing showings (which I can show you if you wanna check), and four showings of evading and even outpacing rockets and missiles. As for Nightwing he has a bullet timing showing and evaded Starfire's blasts, which have intercepted sniper gunfire on a few occasions, although I'm not that informed on Dick. That's nine supersonic reaction showings combined, does Daredevil have more than that? Regardless, what's your point? I actually do think Matt has superior reactions than both, but Bruce's combat and travel speed is about equal to Daredevil in my opinion.

#17 Posted by LanternBatman (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

2. Enhanced/Metahuman/Low level superhuman: Black Panther, Wolverine, Iron Fist, Deathstroke, Captain America, Daredevil, Deadpool

Why is Bruce on a lower tier than Daredevil?

Avatar image for originalcaptain
#18 Edited by OriginalCaptain (4357 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap would be a 8, Daredevil 7 & Batman/Nightwing 6.

#19 Posted by jay_z94 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

Why is Bruce on a lower tier than Daredevil?

His powers enhance his speed and he has an insane amount of bullet dodging and deflection feats.

#20 Edited by BruceRogers (16723 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanternbatman: Well I was going by actual, unambiguously clear bullet reaction feats. I know Batman has some, but Nightwing does not, unless you count that instance against Firefly. But that could also be an artistic thing, so I am not sure. Daredevil has two sniper reaction feats. One was when he saved a Spider-man(he was lacking his spidey sense) and another where he dodged a bullet that was meant for the guy he was going to represent. The bullet did nick him in the latter instance, but that was because only he perceived it a little too late.

Dodging missiles and blasts doesn't make a character hypersonic, just like how dodging lasers doesn't make them lightspeed or faster than light. In both cases, they are just reacting to the shooter and not the projectile/beam. Matt has dodged Cyclops's lightspeed eye beams in a similar manner.

As for my point, I wasn't referring to you specifically but some people were under the impression that Batman and Nightwing are faster than him and I disagree with that.

#22 Posted by jay_z94 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: I do think Daredevil has superior reactions due to his bullet weaving feats, but I’m pretty sure their combat and travel speed are equal or maybe Batman an edge. Unless there are some overly impressive showings I’m unaware of. Or....do you just think he has better reactions as well?

I think that Daredevil has better reactions, but in terms of travel and combat speed they both could very well be even.

#23 Edited by LanternBatman (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers:

Well I was going by actual, unambiguously clear bullet reaction feats. I know Batman has some, but Nightwing does not, unless you count that instance against Firefly. But that could also be an artistic thing, so I am not sure.

I was going for that as well actually. And I do count the Firefly showing unless there's something that made it non-canon I'm missing. Regardless, saying that it's an artistic choice seems to be a baseless nitpick. It's pretty clear-cut panel by panel bullet timing. I could just as equally claim many of Matt's bullet timing showings are artistic choices even tho they are pretty clear cut bullet timing. Again, baseless nitpicking, what exactly gave you the impression it could be an artistic thing? Because there is literally <nothing> to indicate or support it.

Daredevil has two sniper reaction feats. One was when he saved a Spider-man(he was lacking his spidey sense) and another where he dodged a bullet that was meant for the guy he was going to represent. The bullet did nick him in the latter instance, but that was because only he perceived it a little too late.

I know of them. I never made a comparison between Dick and Bruce's reaction times and Matt's. I mean, I literally admitted Daredevil has better reactions. I was only questioning if he has more supersonic reaction showings than both combined like you claimed.

Dodging missiles and blasts doesn't make a character hypersonic, just like how dodging lasers doesn't make them lightspeed or faster than light. In both cases, they are just reacting to the shooter and not the projectile/beam. Matt has dodged Cyclops's lightspeed eye beams in a similar manner.

Supersonic not hypersonic. Regardless, what gave you the impression I was referring to aim dodging and not actual timing? I know the difference between them mate, if I didn't I would be claiming Batman has 10+ bullet timing showings, which he really doesn't. The examples I was referring to were either heavily implied to be actual timing or very clear-cut dodging and outpacing. Would you like to see them to check? I have the scans with me.

As for my point, I wasn't referring to you specifically but some people were under the impression that Batman and Nightwing are faster than him and I disagree with that.

OK.

#24 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce and Dick aren't faster than Matt but neither slower than Matt..

#25 Edited by BruceRogers (16723 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanternbatman: I was going for that as well actually. And I do count the Firefly showing unless there's something that made it non-canon I'm missing. Regardless, saying that it's an artistic choice seems to be a baseless nitpick. It's pretty clear-cut panel by panel bullet timing. I could just as equally claim many of Matt's bullet timing showings are artistic choices even tho they are pretty clear cut bullet timing. Again, baseless nitpicking, what exactly gave you the impression it could be an artistic thing? Because there is literally <nothing> to indicate or support it.

You're free to claim as you please, but the bullet reaction feats I have in mind are backed up by the narration itself. Like so:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

It has nothing to do with the art or the artist. That said, even if I do count Nightwing's feat as legitimate bullet timing (I wasn't outright denying it either way), that is still nowhere the amount Daredevil has.

PS - I know that you already conceded on this part, but I just wanted to elaborate my point more with scans.

I know of them. I never made a comparison between Dick and Bruce's reaction times and Matt's. I mean, I literally admitted Daredevil has better reactions. I was only questioning if he has more supersonic reaction showings than both combined like you claimed.

Like I said, dodging supersonic or hypersonic blasts and projectiles could just mean aim dodging the shooter. Which brings us to the next point.

Supersonic not hypersonic. Regardless, what gave you the impression I was referring to aim dodging and not actual timing? I know the difference between them mate, if I didn't I would be claiming Batman has 10+ bullet timing showings, which he really doesn't. The examples I was referring to were either heavily implied to be actual timing or very clear-cut dodging and outpacing. Would you like to see them to check? I have the scans with me.

I'd still take solid evidence over implications, but please feel free to post them.

Note: I edited my post since I mistakenly added a wrong scan.

#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (33865 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-Crisis Batman has bullet timing feats, but Daredevil is, on average, much faster in reaction speed. In the N52, Batman just isn't a bullet timer at all - the only claim that can be made is one feat from Snyder's All Star Batman. Nightwing is not a bullet timer in either continuity.

Spider-Man dwarfs all of them with laughable ease.

#27 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by jay_z94 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: How would you compare Peter's speed to other high-tier streets like Danny, Slade, T'Challa and Logan?

#29 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by LanternBatman (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers:

but the bullet reaction feats I have in mind are backed up by the narration itself. Like so:

It has nothing to do with the art or the artist.

So are you going to say these might be artistic choices as well, just because they aren't narrated? I don't care if those feats are backed up by narration or not, I said it's baseless nitpicking to say it's an artistic choice and wanted to see what gave you the impression it might be an artistic choice. That's really it. I don't see what this has to do with what I was talking about. It seems you diverted from the point here.

That said, even if I do count Nightwing's feat as legitimate bullet timing (I wasn't outright denying it either way), that is still nowhere the amount Daredevil has.

I know, I never made a comparison between the quantity of bullet timing feats Nightwing and Daredevil possessed, you made a comparison between the quantity of feats Batman and Nightwing combined possess against Matt's own wealth of showings. Again, I was just questioning that.

Like I said, dodging supersonic or hypersonic blasts and projectiles could just mean aim dodging the shooter. Which brings us to the next point.

Supersonic, neither have hypersonic reactions and I never implied it lol. But I'll show the scans sure.

I'd still take solid evidence over implications, but please feel free to post them.

Alright. The most blatant of examples would be these, flat-out outpacing rockets and heat-seeking missiles. In the first he saves a guy's life from a rocket/missile, and in the second he constantly outpaces and outmanoeuvres heat-seeking missiles, taken from Legends Of The Dark Knight #181 and Superman/Batman #80. Like I said, I have a few others but you apparently don't want to see them as they aren't blatant undeniable evidence or whatever nitpick we're going on, so, I didn't post them.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

@morpheus_ said:

Post-Crisis Batman has bullet timing feats, but Daredevil is, on average, faster in reaction speed. In the N52, Batman just isn't a bullet timer at all - the only claim that can be made is one feat from Snyder's All Star Batman. Nightwing is not a bullet timer in either continuity.

Spider-Man dwarfs all of them with laughable ease.

Pretty much this but which feat are you talking about? I'd like to see that.

OT:

• 10: Spider-man, Post Flashpoint Midnighter, Gorgon.
  • 9: Deathstroke/Wolverine
  • 8: Daredevil/Batman
  • 7: Nightwing

Something like that.

#31 Posted by jay_z94 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: Cap is a peak human...

The tier I put him in was called enhanced/metahuman/low level superhuman, Cap is enhanced. Also I'm pretty sure he's officially superhuman now. @brucerogers@krleavenger By feats he's superhuman like Batman, but are there official marvel statements saying he's superhuman?

#32 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
@alexander505 said:

@jay_z94: Cap is a peak human...

The tier I put him in was called enhanced/metahuman/low level superhuman, Cap is enhanced. Also I'm pretty sure he's officially superhuman now. @brucerogers@krleavenger By feats he's superhuman like Batman, but are there official marvel statements saying he's superhuman?

Cap is officially enhanced to reach peak human level, other theories are just assumption..

#33 Edited by jay_z94 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio
@lanternbatman said:

OT:

• 10: Spider-man, Post Flashpoint Midnighter, Gorgon.
  • 9: Deathstroke/Wolverine
  • 8: Daredevil/Batman
  • 7: Nightwing

Something like that.

I can agree with this, I'd also put Danny and T'Challa on the same tier as Logan/Slade.

I think that Matt has superior reaction speed to most street levelers under Spider-Man mainly due to his radar sense. But in terms of overall movement speed, yeah he's in the correct spot on your list.

#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (33865 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: Faster than Danny on average but Danny is one of the few that could potentially match him if he chooses to. Post-Crisis Slade has some solid bullet timing/deflecting feats so I'd place him marginally ahead of Logan and T'Challa. But all three should be in the same reaction tier, not much difference.

@lanternbatman: Bruce has some attackers in front of him with a metal platter next to him, the panels switch from them firing to him placing it in front of him to block the bullets. Unfortunately, it's not entirely clear-cut.

@alexander505: They are not the same in any way, shape or form. I shouldn't be explaining obvious things.

#35 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

Morpheus actually is faster and stronger as was said in Batman 50, with the same fighting style and skill. So, he's even better than PC Batman.

#36 Posted by KrleAvenger (26018 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: @alexander505: Most statements that classify him as peak human are outdated. He is confirmed low superhuman.

#37 Edited by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

@jay_z94: @alexander505: Most statements that classify him as peak human are outdated. He is confirmed low superhuman.

Are you talking about his immune system or physical abilities? I'm quit sure he's still a peak human officially in physical abilities..

#38 Posted by jay_z94 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what I'm asking for, can you show me where it's confirmed?

#39 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
@krleavenger said:

That's what I'm asking for, can you show me where it's confirmed?

I bet he's talking about his immune system, which is a totally different thing...

#40 Posted by KrleAvenger (26018 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: @alexander505: Not just immune system. Overall stats. And looking at old handbooks, Rogers wasn't even classified as peak human. He was classified at human at it's absolute finest. Like he is as strong, fast, agile and durable as humans could possible and theoretically be, which by itself makes him superior to all peak humans (of course feats are a different story, we are looking at presentation here) because "peak human" itself is a relative term because a lot of peak humans are weaker/stronger and faster/slower than other peak humans, and can get more or less impressive given injuries, life style or type and consistency of training.

Rogers was stated to be the pinnacle of human potential and even next step in human evolution. Literally perfect man. You won't see anyone call Daredevil, Elektra or Bucky that way, and all of them are classified as peak humans. Even if he gets injuried badly, stops training or leaves unhealthy life style, he would still be at his peak. It was also stated that he has superhuman perception and his healing factor is beyond even some enhanced street levelers. Rogers was also classified as not only a guy with enhanced stats, but overall enhanced human. Not peak human. Which based on comparison with other classes makes him low level superhuman.

This is even more evident by the fact that other confirmed peak humans either stated that Rogers is way stronger than them, or stated how Rogers is overall a monster or a tank or something (I don't remember the exact terms, but multiple people complimented his stats and overall claimed how absurd both his metabolism and strength are, including Daredevil who doesn't make such compliments for other extremely strong people he faces). Rogers also compared himself to T'Challa and called them equals in Heroic Age: Heroes, where he even said how T'Challa's powers are pretty much like he received Super Soldier Serum and even called T'Challa himself super human.

I'm pretty sure I can list few statement from certain characters, comments from other people or handbook entires, with scans, context and issue numbers. But I didn't want to do that here because, regardless of whether Rogers is peak human, enhanced human or strait up superhuman, feats are mostly what matters in these discussions, and there are non enhanced humans who are superior to Rogers in some categories, or at least equal to him.

#41 Edited by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a peak human...all others things are hypothesis/assumptions by fans

#42 Edited by KrleAvenger (26018 posts) - - Show Bio

So statements and confirmations from writers, comic characters and official marvel bios <<< wikipedia info.

Because that's literally where this peak human thing came from. Wiki. Even older wikis classify him as beyond peak human.

But somehow everything I said are fan assumption and hypothesis so, whatever.

#43 Posted by mega6382 (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman speedblitzes everyone here.

#44 Posted by Alexander505 (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

Superhuman physical abilities must be officialized, otherwise are assumptions, he still considered peak human by Marvel.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#45 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6170 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

I guess I can agree with this, but I'd add another tier in between Solidly Superhuman and Enhanced with just Iron Fist and Deathstroke. Spider-Man, Kaine and Gorgon should be able to straight up blitz everyone else (except Danny and Slade) in the enhanced tier as it stands now, so I think Danny and Slade have a notable speed advantage over the others in that tier.

#46 Posted by KrleAvenger (26018 posts) - - Show Bio

Superhuman physical abilities must be officialized, otherwise are assumptions, he still considered peak human by Marvel.

You have yet to prove that's so. I'm looking at all of his handbook entires right now and none of them call him peak human.

#47 Edited by jay_z94 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099 said:
@jay_z94 said:

I guess I can agree with this, but I'd add another tier in between Solidly Superhuman and Enhanced with just Iron Fist and Deathstroke. Spider-Man, Kaine and Gorgon should be able to straight up blitz everyone else (except Danny and Slade) in the enhanced tier as it stands now, so I think Danny and Slade have a notable speed advantage over the others in that tier.

I have to say that I definitely disagree.

Wolverine has consistently shown that he can keep up with Kaine (both were holding back, but Logan did beat Kaine later who was impressed by Logan's speed in later issues), Spider-Man (7 times off the top of my head, through feats and statements) and Danny (in the same comic where Danny was matching a holding back Gorgon) speed wise. He was even able to momentarily evade and tag Gorgon multiple times before he started telepathically messing with Logan's mind.

#48 Posted by gokuss4z (3352 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidermans speed is very inconstant. It's hard to tell. Anyone got some good spidey scans?

#49 Posted by BruceRogers (16723 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanternbatman: So are you going to say these might be artistic choices as well, just because they aren't narrated? I don't care if those feats are backed up by narration or not, I said it's baseless nitpicking to say it's an artistic choice and wanted to see what gave you the impression it might be an artistic choice. That's really it. I don't see what this has to do with what I was talking about. It seems you diverted from the point here.

If you really must know as to why I don't always trust the artwork, take a look at these scans from Daredevil (2016) #16.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

As you can see, there is incontrovertible artistic evidence of Matt standing still even after the bullet fired by Bullseye is already speeding to hit him. Pretty clear cut bullet timing right?

No, not really. Because we get this.

No Caption Provided

The artwork is directly contradicted by the narration. Now since no such contradiction exists in the Firefly scan, I am not going to just deny it. But still, it just goes to show how unreliable artwork can get and why I prefer evidence straight from the narration.

Either way, you are getting too hung up on this. I already said I don't mind accepting the feat, my scepticism notwithstanding.

I know, I never made a comparison between the quantity of bullet timing feats Nightwing and Daredevil possessed, you made a comparison between the quantity of feats Batman and Nightwing combined possess against Matt's own wealth of showings. Again, I was just questioning that.

In terms of bullet timing, how many feats do Batman and Nightwing have between them again?

Alright. The most blatant of examples would be these, flat-out outpacing rockets and heat-seeking missiles. In the first he saves a guy's life from a rocket/missile, and in the second he constantly outpaces and outmanoeuvres heat-seeking missiles, taken from Legends Of The Dark Knight #181 and Superman/Batman #80. Like I said, I have a few others but you apparently don't want to see them as they aren't blatant undeniable evidence or whatever nitpick we're going on, so, I didn't post them.

Where was the speed of the missiles even stated?.

#50 Edited by Strider1992 (18500 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuss4z said:

Spidermans speed is very inconstant. It's hard to tell. Anyone got some good spidey scans?

Yeah his speed seems a little all over the place. At peak performance he should be damn fast (scans below):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8
  • 1st Image: Aloysha says "a bullet moves at 4000 feet per second and he dodged it.
  • 2nd image blitzing spider-man
  • 3rd image Daredevil says that although he knew with his pre-cog that Spider-man was going to attack he still isn't fast enough to dodge him
  • 4th image just a speed blitz
  • 5th image Spider-man webs Wolverine up before he has time to react
  • 6th image dodges a bullet after its been fired
  • 7th image moves out of a point blank shot