How much energy is required to destroy the Tesseract?

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Avatar image for nn5
nn5

5450

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanos did that effortlessly with one hand. Based on this, breaking the Tesseract requires less effort than e.g. overpowering Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for synsyn
Synsyn

258

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Planet lvl energy

Avatar image for takenstew22
TakenStew22

33636

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wood level.

Avatar image for eldominance
ELDOMINANCE

391

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ELDOMINANCE

lowball is country level. could be continental or multi continental level

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for cryaholic
cryaholic

1717

Forum Posts

108

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Unquantifiable I think

Avatar image for jieldre
Jieldre

728

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Don't know what this is supposed to prove. It's almost irrelevant.......

Avatar image for jieldre
Jieldre

728

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for acxr1
acxr1

135

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Banner said in Avengers 1 that Loki had to heat up the tesseract to 120 million kelvin in order to break through the coulomb barrier, which comes out to a lowball of 52.6 teratons (or 52.6 trillion tons).

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

2242

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jieldre said:
@cha0sking said:

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Don't know what this is supposed to prove. It's almost irrelevant.......

This means that if opening a wormhole the size of a grapefruit would take the amount of energy as the Sun produces in 100 million years, the Tesseract can channel billions of times more energy than the sun does in a year if my calculations are correct.

Avatar image for byondeon
byondeon

13536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@acxr1 said:
@cha0sking said:

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Banner said in Avengers 1 that Loki had to heat up the tesseract to 120 million kelvin in order to break through the coulomb barrier, which comes out to a lowball of 52.6 teratons (or 52.6 trillion tons).

And this would be.. How much exactly? Building? City Block? City?

Avatar image for nwname
NWName

9218

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@acxr1 said:
@cha0sking said:

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Banner said in Avengers 1 that Loki had to heat up the tesseract to 120 million kelvin in order to break through the coulomb barrier, which comes out to a lowball of 52.6 teratons (or 52.6 trillion tons).

He didn't need that. They literally say Selvig had a way to bypass that and do it in any reactor. Also 120 million K for coulomb barrier is not much different than normal elements like Carbon. A half foot wide cube of matter getting heated to 120 MK is teraton level how?

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1224755.shtml

Random reactors confirmed lowball continent busting?

Avatar image for acxr1
acxr1

135

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@byondeon said:
@acxr1 said:
@cha0sking said:

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Banner said in Avengers 1 that Loki had to heat up the tesseract to 120 million kelvin in order to break through the coulomb barrier, which comes out to a lowball of 52.6 teratons (or 52.6 trillion tons).

And this would be.. How much exactly? Building? City Block? City?

At least country level.

Avatar image for byondeon
byondeon

13536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nwname said:
@acxr1 said:
@cha0sking said:

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Banner said in Avengers 1 that Loki had to heat up the tesseract to 120 million kelvin in order to break through the coulomb barrier, which comes out to a lowball of 52.6 teratons (or 52.6 trillion tons).

He didn't need that. They literally say Selvig had a way to bypass that and do it in any reactor. Also 120 million K for coulomb barrier is not much different than normal elements like Carbon. A half foot wide cube of matter getting heated to 120 MK is teraton level how?

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1224755.shtml

Random reactors confirmed lowball continent busting?

They didn't say that. They said that IF he could find a way to bypass that..

Not the same.

Avatar image for nwname
NWName

9218

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@byondeon said:
@nwname said:
@acxr1 said:
@cha0sking said:

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Banner said in Avengers 1 that Loki had to heat up the tesseract to 120 million kelvin in order to break through the coulomb barrier, which comes out to a lowball of 52.6 teratons (or 52.6 trillion tons).

He didn't need that. They literally say Selvig had a way to bypass that and do it in any reactor. Also 120 million K for coulomb barrier is not much different than normal elements like Carbon. A half foot wide cube of matter getting heated to 120 MK is teraton level how?

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1224755.shtml

Random reactors confirmed lowball continent busting?

They didn't say that. They said that IF he could find a way to bypass that..

Not the same.

He actually used a small reactor powering a building so he definitely did. But fair on the statement, copy pasting it, it was

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect. Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet."

so not direct confirmation then and there that he did

Avatar image for byondeon
byondeon

13536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nwname said:
@byondeon said:
@nwname said:
@acxr1 said:
@cha0sking said:

The Tesseract can channel enough energy to open wormholes without breaking.

Banner said in Avengers 1 that Loki had to heat up the tesseract to 120 million kelvin in order to break through the coulomb barrier, which comes out to a lowball of 52.6 teratons (or 52.6 trillion tons).

He didn't need that. They literally say Selvig had a way to bypass that and do it in any reactor. Also 120 million K for coulomb barrier is not much different than normal elements like Carbon. A half foot wide cube of matter getting heated to 120 MK is teraton level how?

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1224755.shtml

Random reactors confirmed lowball continent busting?

They didn't say that. They said that IF he could find a way to bypass that..

Not the same.

He actually used a small reactor powering a building so he definitely did. But fair on the statement, copy pasting it, it was

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect. Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet."

so not direct confirmation then and there that he did

I don't doubt that he did or didn't do it, but never stated he did. But then again, I am not that good at physics and shit like that, I leave that to the science people.

Curious though, what's your take on this topic about the power to break the tesseract?

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nwname: I do not exactly understand that calc. The thing that I find most impressive about it is that it can channel enough energy to open wormholes.

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for mandabub
Mandabub

790

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

One-shot DCEU superlame level.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So cruise missile level.

lol

Avatar image for mandabub
Mandabub

790

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

OT: A scientist calced it at around 60k

By statements country level with lowball+

Avatar image for rajjarsalt
RajjarsAlt

13151

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mandabub said:

OT: A scientist calced it at around 60k

By statements country level with lowball+

I think it did survive being at the center of a confirmed black hole

and it wasn't a fodder one since it did manage to destroy the SHIELD base before vanishing from existence

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for rajjarsalt
RajjarsAlt

13151

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for a8612152
a8612152

543

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By a8612152

It can withstand the energy to create a wormhole.

I don't know how much that is but has to be way above nuke level. And then Thanos just crush it with one hand, which makes him way above nuke level too.

Avatar image for acxr1
acxr1

135

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By acxr1
@mandabub said:

OT: A scientist calced it at around 60k

By statements country level with lowball+

The scientist who came up with that estimate didn't base the cube's composition on any stated canon material in the MCU, but rather, chose components that just happened to work in a real world computer simulation after he'd watched the movie trailer for Infinity War. Furthermore, in that same article another scientist debunked the 60k conclusion altogether.

Banner already stated in the MCU that it'd require 120 million kelvin in order to break through the tesseract, which is equivalent to 50 teratons.

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@a8612152: The amount of energy it would take to open a wormhole the size of a grapefruit would be the same amount of energy that the sun makes in 100 million years. Basically 1.19852e+42 joules of energy.

Avatar image for cryaholic
cryaholic

1717

Forum Posts

108

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Universal+

Avatar image for rajjarsalt
RajjarsAlt

13151

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@a8612152 said:

It can withstand the energy to create a wormhole.

I don't know how much that is but has to be way above nuke level. And then Thanos just crush it with one hand, which makes him way above nuke level too.

Thanos knew it couldn't have been destroyed in Asgard's explosion

Avatar image for byondeon
byondeon

13536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@a8612152: The amount of energy it would take to open a wormhole the size of a grapefruit would be the same amount of energy that the sun makes in 100 million years. Basically 1.19852e+42 joules of energy.

In Layman terms?

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@byondeon: what do you mean? it would be 10 with 42 zeros after it.

Avatar image for sirdragonfly
SirDragonFly

1190

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@a8612152: The amount of energy it would take to open a wormhole the size of a grapefruit would be the same amount of energy that the sun makes in 100 million years. Basically 1.19852e+42 joules of energy.

source?

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sirdragonfly: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20140326-will-we-ever-travel-in-wormholes

Avatar image for byondeon
byondeon

13536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@byondeon: what do you mean? it would be 10 with 42 zeros after it.

I was more wanting to know where that would put him in terms of city/Island/country/continent levle etc..

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

955

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@byondeon: Oh. Duh. Sorry. According to Space.com, it woild take only 10^32 joules to destroy Earth. So it is at least large planet level, although this is where the scaling goes all wacky.

Avatar image for byondeon
byondeon

13536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@byondeon: Oh. Duh. Sorry. According to Space.com, it woild take only 10^32 joules to destroy Earth. So it is at least large planet level, although this is where the scaling goes all wacky.

Well, so Thanos is planet buster confirmed..

Also, I love the Youtube scalers and where they put the MCU. While I have the MCU in high regard for LA (certainly above DCEU), but they take it to a whole other level..

Thor is solar system for them, and Loki is highballed to planet level.. And Thanos scales higher than them..

Avatar image for macattack1
macattack1

614

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41 macattack1  Online

unquantifiable exactly how good a feat it is, but by implication it should be impressive.