How much chance do you think Endgame has of surpassing Avatar in boxoffice ?

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How much chance do you think Endgame has of surpassing Avatar in boxoffice ? (67 votes)

0% 4%
1-20% 9%
21-40% 7%
41-60% 15%
61-80% 22%
81-99% 21%
100% 21%

As most of us might know , Avengers Endgame is now the second highest grossing movie of all time having just beaten Titanic . The Avatar is like 500M away . Do you think Avengers 4 can shatter the record of that movie ? What chance of success would you give it ?

• 
BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BOC

Inflation adjusted, it probably won't surpass Avatar or Gone with the Wind. Technically it probably won't surpass Titanic inflation adjusted but Titanic was released like three times. It did surpass Titanic's original box office. Without inflation adjusted I still don't believe Endgame will (or should) surpass Avatar. I loved the movie but I do think it could have been better.

OT: Probably 1-20 or 21-40

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: Well , no movie is perfect , and every movie could have been better. I don't think that's a valid argument .

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: Well , no movie is perfect , and every movie could have been better. I don't think that's a valid argument .

Oh, of course. I wasn't using that argument to say Endgame doesn't deserve the number one spot, as Avatar also could have been better. That was my way of saying that, objectively speaking, I don't think it's quality is above that of Avatar. I said "could have been better" to imply that.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jgames

It has a chance to get close to it and surpass it later on rereleased in theaters. That what I am guessing is the most likely scenario, it could also just blow last expectation once again and surpass avatar.

The problem is the fact that movies like detective pikachu, and godzilla might prevent it from passing Avatar. As people only have so much money and time to spend and might watch detective pikachu instead of rewatching Endgame.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: Don't forget John Wick and Aladdin, those films will also get big shares this month.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its on track to beat it right now but it should be close. I'd give it a 60% chance.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhat greater than 50%.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Y do people bring up inflation adjusted? Duh no movie could ever possibly pass Gone with the Wind. It played for years in theaters and there were a lot less movies and entertainment options back then. It’s much more impressive when movies make big money in the modern era because u can watch movies at home.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y do people bring up inflation adjusted? Duh no movie could ever possibly pass Gone with the Wind. It played for years in theaters and there were a lot less movies and entertainment options back then. It’s much more impressive when movies make big money in the modern era because u can watch movies at home.

That's true. But it clearly does have an affect and should be taken into consideration. A less percentage of people go to the theaters today, but there is also a larger population today. That kind of evens out. Gone with the Wind did have the advantage of being in the theater longer however. But for more recent movies like Avatar, ticket pricing is an advantage that newer movies have.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be surprised if it didn't.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: Avatar is the most impressive. Gone with the wind has had several rereleases it’s not impressive. The less people argument doesn’t matter. Those same people would have to go back to the theater again if they wanted to see their favorite film. Home video didn’t become common until what the 70s or even 80s?

This movie was released in 39. Any movie released in a post blockbuster era means that the person seeing the film knows they can eventually just watch it again at home.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickey-mouse: Fair enough.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than 500M to go .

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

300M more to go .

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrmonster

I think what'll really seal the deal is next weekend. If it does beat Avatar, it will be by next Monday. If it doesn't, then Aladdin and Godzilla will stop it just short.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By m2k

Looking at probably 130 dom/170 os to go. Seems plenty doable. John Wick 3 being R-rated shouldn't affect it too bad next weekend. Gonna be close. We'll see!

The good news is if it appears to be short by 5-10 million in the final weeks, then it's beating Avatar for sure. Disney gonna pull out all the tricks to get it over the hump.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

12%

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a question of 'if' it's a question of 'when'

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers Endgame only grossed US$290+ million globally for the entire 3rd week. That was a very sharp drop from the 2nd week's US$900+ million... This drop is even sharper than my conservative estimate for the 3rd week. Not good!

I still think it can outgross Avatar, but barely by a few to tens of millions if it does.

Whether it does will depend on the 4th week performance. If it drops tremendously again, outgrossing Avatar will be unlikely.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s projected to pass it today

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao people still doubting it.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's only been out for a bit more than 2 weeks. I'd say it has a pretty high chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

97.32%

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s projected to pass it today

You mean US Box Office? Yeah. But I believe the poll was talking about International box office. This is still in question given the massive drop in the third week although the chances are still good.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

60%

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came so close .

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did Pokémon Detective Pikachu not make 100M or 200M at the Box Office?.

infamous5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperfinn: It made 400M WW, that's not bad. Idk why people were talking about making a billion like it was that easy

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hyperfinn

@infamous5445 said:

@hyperfinn: It made 400M WW, that's not bad. Idk why people were talking about making a billion like it was that easy

Well I ment millions super fast first within a few days than reach its way into the billions quickly within a few months.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many more weeks is endgame in theaters?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
deactivated-5d39a38bf2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticdwanyemcduffie: for a point of reference, Infinity War (and most Avengers movies from what I remember) stay in theatres from April/May till around September

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to be back and forth after each weekend seeming like it could to definitely not, no way, no how to now.. a measly 7 million awy with still a couple more international re-expansions to come!

My non professional assessment at this point would say.. Mr. Cameron better start thinking about preparing another congratulatory poster to Mr. Feige just to be safe. Lol.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it’s gonna make it...

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickey-mouse: @m2k: I thought the releases were over and it only did in America? Is it still expanding? If so maybe it will make it

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: I guess he means the “rerelease” that’s technically not a rerelease cause I’m pretty sure it was released everywhere. It only needs about 8million to make it. So looks that is most likely gonna happen. Even if they release it again during Christmas.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickey-mouse: yeah but it’s only making like 3 million a week now including weekends and lion king comes out next weekend and I know a lot of theaters that are taking it out.

If they did China and India it could have beaten it

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@saberscar223: Uh, first, yes it’s still rereleasing in some countries, it was a staggered release. Second, it’s really not that hard for it to gather another 7.2 million, it’s typical for Marvel team up films to be in theatres from April/May to September or so. Here’s a frame of reference, it could stay in for as long as Infinity War did, and so long as it makes around 119k or so a day, it’d still surpass that record. It should surpass it faster though, since it’s holds have actually been pretty good for the past couple days (basically, it should surpass it in around 2-4 weeks)

It’s like, it’s already likely it has around 4-5 million left to squeeze out domestically, and that’d only leave around 3 million or so really NEEDED from OS

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really hard to earn 7-8 million , especially if people have watched the movie several times already , and all the re-released version provides is a few scenes not worth going to the cinema for .

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This will be interesting to watch

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: Dang then there is still Hope I Desperately want it to beat that Average movie.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: guess as a bit of an update, the actuals came in, and it’s actually 6.8 million away from toppling the record