How much are battles accurate on this site?

Farenhajt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like to from time to time google Character X vs Character Y, and simply read opinions of people about who would win.

That being said, I do wonder how much are those opinions actually trustworthy; especially considering more times than not, have I in actual, for instance anime, or manga, saw that character with almost 0 chance would end up a winner.

When I was really into Naruto, and Bleach, and when their main manga were still ongoing, after reading certain chapters, I would sometimes join discussions where fans would try to predict what will happen next week.

In most cases, it would happen something no one expected; or if antagonists are too strong, in the end authors would always manage to make heroes beat them, in one way, or another.

On Comic Vine if there was, dunno, Saturn (SS Omega) vs Zuko (ATLA) fight, most people would probably say Saturn wins, but considering how one can always write one character defeating the other, no matter the difference in power, it does make me wonder is there any point in just accepting what others say, no matter how good their argument is.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

it depends on who's involved.

a lot of times when characters are fan favourites people tend to talk with their heart instead of their heads. For example, you can easily find users talking about Silver Surfer breaking Monarch's armour and being able to out run his universe sized explosion...

Also if Goku is involved all bets are off

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

As accurate as you think they are.

The first person who brings up citations is usually the one to pay attention to.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like trying to understand the Bible, it's better to gather your information from both sides and read it for yourself and make your own conclusion. Never trust anyone.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrTrey

All fights are arbitrary, the winner is always who the writer writes to win, the winner to normal people is whoever they think the winner would be, everything else is bullshit.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

There's nothing like"accuracy" since battles aren't decided as a group, but we individually give our opinions on each battle. CaVs are decided by votes.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's nothing like"accuracy" since battles aren't decided as a group, but we individually give our opinions on each battle. CaVs are decided by votes.

This. Deciding objectively who would win and creating, say, a tier list of who would beat who from across fiction isn't how Comicvine operates. Just read people's posts and pay special attention to the ones posting scans/quotes and make up your own mind based on all the information presented.

Shoot, that is usually what I do before even making my own posts. Often times it is just a matter of looking at the arguments and coming to your own conclusion based on the evidence others provided.

ThanosPimphand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

about accurate as Trump's IQ

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10 krisbishop  Moderator

It's pretty accurate compared to other sites, to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eaa273f735bc
deactivated-5eaa273f735bc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite inaccurate honestly. Some CV users love to complain about VS Battle Wiki being the king of highballing, but this site is the exact opposite, the king of lowballing. There's no real reliable debating site set in stone that will always have the right answer to who would win in a fight though. That's due to there being so many different people with so many different opinions. It's just that unfortunately certain sites have bad habits.

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite inaccurate honestly. Some CV users love to complain about VS Battle Wiki being the king of highballing, but this site is the exact opposite, the king of lowballing. There's no real reliable debating site set in stone that will always have the right answer to who would win in a fight though. That's due to there being so many different people with so many different opinions. It's just that unfortunately certain sites have bad habits.

+1

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As accurate as you think they are.

The first person who brings up citations is usually the one to pay attention to.