How many times is MCU Thor stronger than Iron Man?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Explain

LorenzoDeSila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LorenzoDeSila

Pre-Ragnarok is probably 50% stronger than Nanotech Iron Man more or less.

Post-Ragnarok Thor probably twice as strong.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroyed Iron Man going all out in h2h.

So multiple times

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Amcu

Which suit?

I don't really see much reason to believe that Thor's stronger than Bleeding Edge at all.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2>= X > 1 for Nanotech

Hulkbuster should be moderately stronger

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Which suit?

I don't really see much reason to believe that Thor's stronger than Bleeding Edge at all.

He forced EG Thanos to one knee. EG Thanos didn't get tripped up by Iron Man, and he didn't job as hard as IW Thanos. Plus there's the better lifting feats.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Which suit?

You think he can do the ring feat?

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say that at most 1.5 times stronger (both in physical strength and in striking with repulsors/lighting).

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the same difference there is between Hulk > Thor in strength.

Iron Man has pretty great durability though and varying abilities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2x at least. Probably more. Thor resisted a serious Thanos. Iron Man got stomped by one.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can’t see Tony coming close to replicating the ring feat, so Thor should be a great deal stronger.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Lifting strength? Like about 97 times.

Striking strength? About equal if we ignore Thor's lightning and weapons.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @rajjarsalt:

Sorry super late responses. But yes I do think Iron Man is as strong as Thor. Simple scaling to Thanos shows this IMO. Iron Man with a severely damaged suit that was half gone was able to resist the strength of one of Thanos's arms to the point that Thanos was visibly straining and gritting his teeth with he effort of overpowering him.

No Caption Provided

With a full suit he was able to break out of restraints that Thanos could not break out of with one arm.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We can compare their showings and they're on similar levels IMO. Both were able to resist Thanos's strength but were still weaker than him. It depends on how you interpret certain scenes but I think you can make a case for both Thor and Iron Man being slightly stronger than the other. Personally I rate them as approximately equal.

I understand that Thor has better lifting/moving feats but he likely also has better lifting/moving feats than anyone else in the MCU. Yet he's not the strongest character is he?

I also understand that people struggle to place Iron Man as being legitimately comparable to live action high tiers but I absolutely believe that he is; in certain areas at least. He consistently displayed high tier level feats IMO and the scaling holds up without any contradictions or indications that it is inaccurate. IIRC the Russo's even stated that Iron Man was the greatest threat to Thanos in IW besides Thor.

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7 - 9 times . Hulk buster was powered by 11 arc reactors and even then Tony had to increase the strength - to - arc reactors energy to stalemate Hulk

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phase 1 Thor vs Iron Man - Thor is atleast 10x stronger

My answer remains the same for BE Iron Man, though I believe the gap is smaller. Thor is maybe 1.5x stronger

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rajjarsalt

@amcu said:

@jashro44: @rajjarsalt:

Sorry super late responses. But yes I do think Iron Man is as strong as Thor. Simple scaling to Thanos shows this IMO. Iron Man with a severely damaged suit that was half gone was able to resist the strength of one of Thanos's arms to the point that Thanos was visibly straining and gritting his teeth with he effort of overpowering him.

No Caption Provided

With a full suit he was able to break out of restraints that Thanos could not break out of with one arm.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We can compare their showings and they're on similar levels IMO. Both were able to resist Thanos's strength but were still weaker than him. It depends on how you interpret certain scenes but I think you can make a case for both Thor and Iron Man being slightly stronger than the other. Personally I rate them as approximately equal.

I understand that Thor has better lifting/moving feats but he likely also has better lifting/moving feats than anyone else in the MCU. Yet he's not the strongest character is he?

I also understand that people struggle to place Iron Man as being legitimately comparable to live action high tiers but I absolutely believe that he is; in certain areas at least. He consistently displayed high tier level feats IMO and the scaling holds up without any contradictions or indications that it is inaccurate. IIRC the Russo's even stated that Iron Man was the greatest threat to Thanos in IW besides Thor.

Well $hit, dude. That Qull feat comparison is completely valid.

The only problem is that Thanos is kinda much of a jobber because the Russos decided to say that Thanos's peak was EG. Like, Tony didn't even have much of his suit left at that point, so I don't know if using that CQC is any more valid than Cap holding Thanos's fingers.

My interpretation of the EG scene is that EG Thor, even after being Volstagg'd, crushed by both Russo statements, and forgetting his lightning powers, still managed to brute force Thanos to the point he collapsed on one knee. Like Thanos was going to win that first SB push, but I'm confident that Thor was going to win that second one. I mean, so many conclude that CM > Thanos by forcing him to a knee with a hold on his fingers, and Wanda > Thanos by halting him and then striking his weapon away, so I think it's more than fair to say that Thor is stronger than a guy who's stats top out at ... one of Thanos's arms. Plus, the statement by Markus and Mcfeely canonize Thor's power inconsistency. It's the way he reacts to the plot that shapes his showings, which confirms that not all Thor's could replicate Nidavellir, which also implies that not all Thor's are equal to our All-Father, Star-Level IW Thor.

And it's sort of indicative that a Thor who isn't weakened has the capability to one-shot Iron Man with the EG anti-feats.

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2>= X > 1 for Nanotech

Hulkbuster should be moderately stronger

I think IW/EG Iron Man is as strong as Hulkbuster if not stronger.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I don't know what to make of the Cap stuff either but I don't think he was ever meant to compete with Thanos the way that Iron Man or Thor did. Some people also think that Cap had Thor's powers. IDK

As for Thanos and Thor I do agree that when Thor competed against Thanos in that instance he was overpowering him but it was very slowly and that was still only one of Thanos's arms. When facing the full force of Thanos all Thor could do is resist him as Thanos slowly overpowered him. That doesn't seem more impressive to me than completely overpowering restraints that bound one of Thanos's arms.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rajjarsalt

@amcu said:

@rajjarsalt: I don't know what to make of the Cap stuff either but I don't think he was ever meant to compete with Thanos the way that Iron Man or Thor did. Some people also think that Cap had Thor's powers. IDK

I meant the IW Cap showing.

As for Thanos and Thor I do agree that when Thor competed against Thanos in that instance he was overpowering him but it was very slowly and that was still only one of Thanos's arms. When facing the full force of Thanos all Thor could do is resist him as Thanos slowly overpowered him. That doesn't seem more impressive to me than completely overpowering restraints that bound one of Thanos's arms.

Here's the thing though. It all boils down to leverage advantage. When Thanos had it, he was slowly pushing toward Thor. When he didn't, he was losing. That left hand wouldn't have helped that much either due to said leverage disadvantage. Thanos still got quickly pushed to both of his knees, though. Which is like the only strength scaling metric for CM.

And we should consider the disadvantages Thor had in said scenario. He was one strike away from another KO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5x probably

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

Never saw Tony in that light honestly. Your arguments changed my mind. Nonetheless, There are several conclusions that can be originated from your arguments and gifs. I'm gonna forget about Tony's previous suits and focus on the BE suit for this.

The first conclusion is, we admit Tony is freakishly strong in his BE suit. We take the statements of the Russos about Tony being the most powerful threat to Thanos after Thor as the word of God since there is on screen evidence from your gifs and other sources to support that. Thanos had to abuse the power and reality stones against Tony and had to put considerable effort physically to beat him. Tony could resist the power stone blast for a while, managed to make Thanos bleed a little and almost walked off after a huge moon chunk was dropped on him. This would make Tony comparable to Thor in terms of strength and blunt force durability by scaling.

Second conclusion is that, Thanos was jobbing at Titan which is kinda hard to admit because Thanos wanted to legitimately kill Tony and stabbed him in the gut. He made his eulogy for Tony too.

Third conclusion is that we don't inflate Tony's strength to be at freakishly high levels, like several thousand tonnes. We put him at a few hundred tonnes at max which sounds more believable going by where he should stand logically as a character. But that would make Thor, Thanos or Hulk comparable or slightly stronger than him by scaling and put their strength at several hundred tonnes or 1-2k tonnes at max.

What do you speculate?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not impressed with Iron Man’s attempts to resist Thanos. It seems like he gets ragdolled more often than not, lifted like a toy and his body used as Thanos’s shield, and then once or twice he managed to catch a punch for literally less than 2 seconds, then Thanos would always refocus and immediately start bullying.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By a big margin

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: What do you think of Iron Man breaking out of Star Lord's magnet, which Thanos couldn't?

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: @kryptonianking88:

It's also worst noting it was latched into one arm of Thanos while hes getting pulled and held from all sides while Iron man used his whole body strength and flight to get out.

I believe hes really strong though he resisted a tThanos arm more than once and War Machine held crippled Thanos arm (with help) as well.

I would say Thor is stronger by a decent margin though similar to how Hulk is stronger than Thor for instance.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman:

For me personally I think Bleeding Edge was just more comparable to MCU high tiers than most people believe. He just didn't get a lot of clear cut impressive strength feats that don't involve scaling. His best was in the Titan battle when he slammed a large metal ship onto Thanos's head. This was likely meant to be very impressive, however, we have to consider that Titan's gravity was inconsistent making it hard to judge that feat with certainty.

So Tony may not have much in the way of non scaling feats but than again neither did Thanos, yet he's still considered to be stronger than Thor, Hulk and maybe Captain Marvel. For me I just think Iron Man is legitimately that impressive. I think the Russo's wanted him to be a high tier in his most advanced armor for the last films. I don't think he's overall meant to be completely equal to Thor in combat but strength is honestly one of Thor's less relevant powers. And I do think in this one category they're relatively similar.

BalTruth006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same. Barely have enhanced strength anyway. If they even do.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is above him about 2 times stronger i would say...

@baltruth006 ....You think Thor and Iron Man are human level with no super strength, yeah this is the ultimate downplay.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is probably 2-5 stronger they where not that far from each other in their fight

GAS777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many times tbh

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as the writers feel like at any time

GAS777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baalhaddad: The Russos are so inconsistent tbh. It's all their fault

GAS777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baalhaddad: The Russos are so inconsistent tbh. It's all their fault. They don't care about power levels