how many Nukes can MCU (IW) Thor take

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A neutron star reach heats up to 600 000 degrees. At the core of a nuke the heat is anywhere between 50-150 million degrees. That means Thor was exposed to 1/100th of the heat at the core of a nuke. And the star's heat was toasting him. A nuclear bomb would vaporize him.

You just gotta love how Thor fans always claims he can do things he can't with no proper feats backing it up.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor cant have a feat that supasses supes!

Supes FTW!

thor tanks 0 nukes.. the nuke vaporizes him! didnt tank a neutron star! its not a star.

didnt even vaporize eitri groot and rocket, that forge is a normal metal, it should have melt

advance tech my A&#. Eitri is a liar. .that aint a neutron star. he doesnt know what he is talking about!

sorry thor.

fanboyism at its finest trying to defend what was shown and said in the movie..tsk tsk tsk

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol gotta love DCEU fans and their mental gymnastics... it's gold.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol gotta love DCEU fans and their mental gymnastics... it's gold.

not a fanboy..

but nuke >>>>> "neutron star + advance tech" = fake, does not behave like a REAL star.

supes tank the nuke face first while doomsday is hiding behind him

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Alright, I'm sorry. I meant star level. How stupid of me ?

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe four at most but Earth 616/comic Thor will take all nukes & smiles like it was nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder: good thing the Russo's are directing a4 it won't be an outlier for long.

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By mindleech

I have one better.How many uzi bullets can IW Thor take.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gets vaporized from one.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_shift: If he performs a feat like this or on the same level again then sure. But as of now the star feat is about as valid as Black Adam almost one-shotting the Spectre. As of now it's an outlier because he has literally no other feat that comes even close to this. He got knocked out by Sokovia and damaged, he knocked himself out with his own lightning, etc.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are nukes cumulative? Probably makes more sense to just ask if he can, which is a yes.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Superman And Doomsday both have one nuke feat but dont get called out as outliers..

The mental gymnastics continue...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder: it's still his feat and he had other high end feats from this movie he's only going to get stronger same with the others that survived Thanos.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_shift: There's a difference between high end and outlier. Show me a durability feat for Thor where he survives/tanks even 1/10000th of the full force of a star. I'll wait.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman And Doomsday both have one nuke feat but dont get called out as outliers..

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder:

When he opened the forge to melt the metal ?

That's honestly a smart and creative answer so I'll give you that, lol. But you can't sneak past the question. If you could post any feat where he survives/tanks even 1/10000th of the full force of a star, then that would be great.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I missing something here? Isn't the full force of a neutron star above a nuke?

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is less mental gymnastics and more mental olympics

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder:

The only salt I've ben witnessing these past couple of days are from DCEU fanboys jumping through flaming hoops of logic defying arguments trying to discredit the new Thor and Iron Man.

Lol plz.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder:

The only salt I've ben witnessing these past couple of days are from DCEU fanboys jumping through flaming hoops of logic defying arguments trying to discredit the new Thor and Iron Man.

Lol plz.

I'm just joking, calm down

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Devilmenworks

@worldofthunder said:

@temporal_shift: If he performs a feat like this or on the same level again then sure. But as of now the star feat is about as valid as Black Adam almost one-shotting the Spectre. As of now it's an outlier because he has literally no other feat that comes even close to this. He got knocked out by Sokovia and damaged, he knocked himself out with his own lightning, etc.

#97 Posted byDammeFavour (6832 posts) - 5 hours, 9 minutes ago -

0. If the beam was as powerful as these guys claim, rocket and the dwarf would have been disintegrated plus he was nowhere close to the core. I'm not even sure it was a real star seeing as how they had to restart it

posted by Worldofthunder(2622 posts) - 1 day, 3 hours ago -

@themaximus: Because it's an outlier and a good example of Russos not caring about power levels and honestly having no idea what they're doing when it comes to power levels. Only thing that matters to them is the plot.

I want to say 1 to 2 but have mixed feelings about this feat. I want to see something of these scale again in Avengers 4. I do feel like this is either an outlier or the Russo brothers may not be interested in feats and are more concerned with the plot like Worldofthunder claims. If Thor is strong enough to survive a nuke or a neutron star, where does this put Hela? She easily destroyed Mjolnir , the materials made from a neutron star. She also did this while on Earth and only grew stronger afterwards. Thor didn't get his upgrade in strength/power until after he received Strom Breaker, so until then, he was still as strong as he was in Thor Ragnarok, while Hela was more powerful than Thor the entire Thor Ragnarok movie.

Additionally, if Thor is durable enough to survive a nuke or heat from neutron star, then shouldn't Surtur and Hela still be alive? They were both stronger than Thor and died. I could be wrong on this but I feel like the heat of a neutron star is hotter and more damaging than Surtur's Asgard destroying blast at the end of Thor Ragnarok

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I was thinking SUperman could probably had stand there and gotten stronger from that star.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally all of them.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jay_z94: if it was a real neutron star it might have some credence

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Why was it not a real neutron star? It was stated that Thor would be taking the full force of the Neutron star.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Wotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them, and then some more.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: because

@jashugan said:

said neutron star is under contention and unquantifiable.

The basis of this argument is that what was called a Neutron star is actually a Neutron star.

However, as said object does not appear to have the size, gravitational pull, or rotational speed of a real-life Neutron star, any comparison between the two seems highly suspect. As the supposed 'neutron star' possess none of the qualities of a real-life neutron star, we cannot assume them to be the same.if it was a real neutron star, It would look like this:

No Caption Provided

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Am I missing something here? Isn't the full force of a neutron star above a nuke?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@jay_z94: because

@jashugan said:

said neutron star is under contention and unquantifiable.

The basis of this argument is that what was called a Neutron star is actually a Neutron star.

However, as said object does not appear to have the size, gravitational pull, or rotational speed of a real-life Neutron star, any comparison between the two seems highly suspect. As the supposed 'neutron star' possess none of the qualities of a real-life neutron star, we cannot assume them to be the same.if it was a real neutron star, It would look like this:

No Caption Provided

If the film said it was specifically a Neutron Star, then I'm pretty sure it is. And tbh, it did look pretty similar to that.

How can you measure the size, gravitational pull or rotational speed of the neutron star in the film in order to compare it to a real life neutron star? I'm not arguing this fact with you, the film wasn't wrong just because you say so.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: the thing in the movie looked much smaller than that and had metal completely covering it. I'm not the one saying this, scientists are saying this. They know how stars are, and that star in the movie isn't like a real one.

HDoom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

* someone makes a thread that has literally nothing to do with superman asking how much of [blank] can a character withstand

Superman fans: "not as much as superman!"

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the line "You'll be taking the full force of a star my boy. You'll be killed." makes it pretty clear that this was indeed the full force of a star. Now whether or not that's believable given Thor's prior showings is one thing, but I think it's important to pay attention to the dialogue on this one.

"You'll be taking the full force of a star my boy. You'll be killed."
"Only if I die."
"But... but..." (something to that effect)

Thor made it through because he just denies death. I don't think this is really Thor's basic durability. This is supposed to be Thor's godly will power feat. This is Steve pulling the helicopter. Better yet, Steve throwing back Thanos Infinity Gauntlet hand.
This is human T'Challa being stabbed, and thrown off a cliff, and surviving in a coma because of "determination".
This is Green Arrow and Damian Darhk ending things in a pure punch-out, with Darhk being massively superhuman, but Green Arrow still winning because of "hope". This is that type of feat for Thor.

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He hasn't been killed or anywhere near it in any of his prior showings either, he has never been on the brink of death in any previous film including his ship being exploded by the Power Stone.

And he's really only been knocked out 4 times in the MCU, he was perfectly okay in the very next scene of most.

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By TheyCallMeBT

To actually kil him and not just knock him out I would have to say atleast 5 on his own, but 10 with Stormbreaker.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Takes the heat, not the blast.

IceHeart_30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By IceHeart_30

5 nukes will be enough to kill him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star <= Nuke.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 star's worth of them

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gets ripped by the force of one

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 at most since he ain't tanking radiation can kill him

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot.

The sokovia explosion was stronger than a nuke even if you wanna ignore the disregard his star feat

During the Skovia feat Atleast 1, But with the. Star feat I have no idea lmao, plus he got like...instant regen with stormbreaker...so idk

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Gaoron

More than Supes, that's for sure lol

So atleast 2