How many MCU characters were Comic Book Accurate characters? (Read OP)

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vishop_

Just for the sake of argument, how many characters resonate at least half of the comic book accurate characters' type of characterization?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion Cap, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and Iron Man all radiate their comic book counterparts energy

Definitely not Thor. In the conics I see him as a strong serious warrior. In the MCU I see him as a stupid jokester that sometimes uses lightning when he feels it’s necessary

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

I honestly don't think Evans's Cap resonates Cap. He is supposed to be somewhat more seasoned and having a less sense of humor and more patriotic. I think he is more like Ultimate Cap though but Ult' Cap was more badass.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short list for sure.

I guess Scarlet Witch and that's about it, although, her powers are different from her comics counterpart.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short list for sure.

I guess Scarlet Witch and that's about it, although, her powers are different from her comics counterpart.

Black Widow and Hawkeye might just resonate with their comic book characters but they were minor characters anyways.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

Black Widow and Hawkeye might just resonate with their comic book characters but they were minor characters anyways.

No way. In the comics Hawkeye, is a younger, tall, slender loudmouth with a chip on his shoulder. In the MCU he's a middle aged man with a family. Black Widow didn't even have a Russian accent in the movies. She wasn't even involved that much with the Avengers in the comics anyways, she had brief stints in the 70s and the 90s but nothing substantial. The MCU version is like an original character, it's just super Scarlett Johanssen basically.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yeah I guess you are right but MCU Hawkeye>Comics' Hawkeye for me lol.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Btw when you look back at MCU characters.....

MCU Hawkeye was supposed to be less mature

MCU Cap was supposed to be more seasoned, mature and patriotic.

They almost inversed their characterization Lmao.

GGtinyPP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Red skull is pretty close to being exact, same could be said for other minor role villains l

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on where you draw the line. None of them are 1:1 that's for sure, but I would say a significant portion of the characters are at least close enough that if you didn't have their name or appearance you could pretty easily figure out who they are.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. The street levelers maybe to a certain degree, but characters like the Hulk were dragged through the mud

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d say Black Widow, Captain America, and Vision are perfect casting.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vishop_

@pyrofn said:

I’d say Black Widow, Captain America, and Vision are perfect casting.

Nah

MCU Cap has a surreal sense of humor. That's not Cap.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner/Hulk, Maria Hill, Nick Fury Winter Soldier, Falcon, Dr. Strange, Hank Pym, Scott Lang, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Rocket, Groot, Spider-Man, Mysterio, Red Skull, Howard Stark and Howard the Duck all feel mostly, if not completely accurate to how the character was intended in the comics.

I would include Captain America and Thor, but Steve is too much of a loose canon in my opinion, and is overly jokey and depressed for him to really be like 616 Cap. Thor was pretty close in his first movie, but now he's too stupid and comedic for him to really as he does in the comics. ALL of these characters were perfectly casted though, imo.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: I think that’s more the MCU’s brand of silliness cause I don’t actually remember any jokes Cap has made in the movies.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@vishop_: I think that’s more the MCU’s brand of silliness cause I don’t actually remember any jokes Cap has made in the movies.

Because almost all the characters in MCU have a similar sense of humor but that harms Cap's character arc the most for the type of character he is. That's not only that. He was OOC during CW.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Which surprisingly kind of mirrors his OOC in the actual comic event. The reasonings are different and start out more plausible in the comics than the movies, but they feel more believable in the movie than the comics, especially with Iron Man’s motivations as an antithesis.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@vishop_: Which surprisingly kind of mirrors his OOC in the actual comic event. The reasonings are different and start out more plausible in the comics than the movies, but they feel more believable in the movie than the comics, especially with Iron Man’s motivations as an antithesis.

No, they are not.

I was talking about how Cap became someone that he hates at the end of MCU CW. He hates if someone brokes someone's else trust. Hickman's run might give u better clue.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: That has more to do with the circumstances he was put in rather than an actual character development. Cap didn’t choose to betray their trust willingly from what I can tell. The choices ranged from allowing Bucky to be taken in and signing a agreement that he didn’t believe to be right or fighting against Iron Man and whoever he recruited. It was a hard situation and it is entirely believable that he would choose the decisions he made over the alternatives.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vishop_

@pyrofn:

@pyrofn:

Circumstances makes you judgment even more true rather character development

Cap said that it to Tony himself that he KNEW about Bucky's assassination but he still kept it a secret.

Signing an agreement doesn't have to do with the end scene by any means.

He could have still saved and freed Bucky from the hands of him and tried to convince that what Tony was trying going to was an act of revenge. But that accuse wouldn't have worked because he was an accomplice himself.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Circumstances don’t make a person judgement more true. If someone were to put a gun to your loved ones head if you didn’t go out and steal this item for them, would you simply stand there and watch them die because it was the right thing? Would you go against the law because it would be wrong to let someone die?

By your own definition, if you were to choose to steal, you would be counted as a thief. If you were to let your family die, you would be seen as a traitor, disloyal to your family and friends, and heartless. What you do in normal day-to-day situations is what tells what kind of person you are, not what some guides your hand to do. Even then, it is a case-by-case thing.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vishop_

@pyrofn:

Circumstances don’t make a person judgement more true.

That depends upon the character. A person like Cap should be more patriotic and ethical no matter what the situation is.

No Caption Provided

If someone were to put a gun to your loved ones head if you didn’t go out and steal this item for them, would you simply stand there and watch them die because it was the right thing?

Where did that come from? lol

That was a kill/live situation. Steve/Tony's weren't like that. He could still have saved Bucky even if he would have said that he didn't know about it. But he knew and he said it himself.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: 1) That pretty much proves my point. Yes, in general, Captain America is ethical, but he doesn’t become anything off of one act where he is forced to choose between betraying a friendship to keep Bucky alive or letting a Iron Man exact retribution on something Bucky didn’t mean to do.

2) Its the exact same situation. Iron Man is about ready to kill Bucky for what he did, despite knowing full well that Bucky wasn’t in control of his actions. Cap is saving Bucky’s life despite knowing the truth. We don’t know entirely whether Cap would have always kept the truth from Tony, but even if we did, it’s based on keeping someone alive against one of the smartest inventors on the planet. Cap can’t choose to not know something and alerting Iron Man of the truth would lead to the exact same circumstance where Tony let’s his anger out on Cap for helping Bucky escape.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don’t like how Chris Evans acts like a modern guy. He doesn’t feel like he’s from the 1940s at all.

Thor was actually very, very accurate in every movie besides Ragnarok and Endgame. Thor 1 he was perfect. Avengers 1 he was boring but still faithful. Avengers 2 he was the wisest person in the movie and the only one who realized that someone was pulling the strings from above while The Avengers spent their time arguing. And Infinity War? Forget about it, he was awesome.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Groot, Rocket and Mantis

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is 100% like 616 TOAA and Mysterio is a spitting image of LT.

Sometimes they are accurate.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how it proves yours point. I said that "A person like Cap should be more patriotic and ethical no matter what the situation is."

And No he said it himself. He was asked TWICE because during WS when Cap was skimmed through Zola's base of operations. He found out about Tony's parents' assassination.

Tony: Did you know?

Steve: I didn't know it was him.

Don't bullshit me Rogers…did you KNOW?

Yes.

No Caption Provided

@pyrofn said:

@vishop_: 1) That pretty much proves my point. Yes, in general, Captain America is ethical, but he doesn’t become anything off of one act where he is forced to choose between betraying a friendship to keep Bucky alive or letting a Iron Man exact retribution on something Bucky didn’t mean to do.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PyroFN

@vishop_: 1) Again, the scan you posted earlier talked about how Cap wouldn't measure human life because there was no measurement for it. That means he would go against the grain to save a life. That is ethical on a surface level, but you literally have situation where Bucky’s life would be put in danger. Tell me exactly how Cap would be ethical about it no matter what when he literally has to go against law enforcement and his friends to keep Bucky safe? It’s far from a black and white situation to where Cap decided he needed to keep something from someone to not hurt their feelings.

2) Again, how would that change the outcome? The whole point of Civil War was Cap going against Tony to protect Bucky who was gonna be killed or framed for something that wasn’t completely his own doing. You’re saying that Steve became what he hated because he didn’t tell Tony something that would cause the man to act irrationally and go after a friend he was trying to save.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

Its the exact same situation. Iron Man is about ready to kill Bucky for what he did, despite knowing full well that Bucky wasn’t in control of his actions.

NO. U said

"If someone were to put a gun to your loved ones head if you didn’t go out and steal this item for them, would you simply stand there and watch them die because it was the right thing?"

Tony didn't put a gun on Bucky's head. Bucky is the Winter Soldier. You know that right? He could have still defended himself. Cap could have intervened in the first place if he would have told that he didn't know.

Heck the marvel's official page says the same thing

https://www.marvel.com/characters/captain-america-steve-rogers/on-screen

No Caption Provided

Cap is saving Bucky’s life despite knowing the truth. We don’t know entirely whether Cap would have always kept the truth from Tony, but even if we did, it’s based on keeping someone alive against one of the smartest inventors on the planet. Cap can’t choose to not know something and alerting Iron Man of the truth would lead to the exact same circumstance where Tony let’s his anger out on Cap for helping Bucky escape.

I am not sure where are you going with this. He betrayed him learning about it since WS.

That doesn't make any sense he still could have saved Bucky and convinced Tony that what he was trying to do was an act of revenge but he KNEW and he kept it a secret. Why should he keep such BIG secret from Tony? It was actually his responsibility to tell Tony beforehand so that he could have stopped him and also CONVINCE that what he was trying to do is an act of REVENGE.

It couldn't have gotten more worse than telling keeping that as a secret. That's all I can say.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vishop_

@pyrofn:

Again, how would that change the outcome? The whole point of Civil War was Cap going against Tony to protect Bucky who was gonna be killed or framed for something that wasn’t completely his own doing. You’re saying that Steve became what he hated because he didn’t tell Tony something that would cause the man to act irrationally and go after a friend he was trying to save.

IT WOULD have if Cap would have said that what Tony was doing was an act of REVENGE. It would have given Cap the opportunity to keep the moral high ground.

But he betrayed him that is a fact.

He betrayed his friend's s trust because he KEPT a BIG secret.

This is futile. I am not sure where you are going with this.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: I repeat, Tony KNEW that Bucky wasn’t under control of his actions. If he knew that, that would mean he doesn’t care. In fact, he literally said he didn’t care. So Steve stating the obvious,

”IT WOULD have if Cap would have said that what Tony was doing was an act of REVENGE.”

would not have changed the outcome.

Loading Video...

And considering the goal is to keep Bucky alive, that is a bad idea. A life is worth more of an importance than having a moral high ground and based on the very scan you posted, Cap would agree even in the 616.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vishop_

@pyrofn:

Because Tony wouldn't have listened to someone who is accomplice himself of keeping a secret of someone else's CRIME. It's basically Cap lost's Tony's trust.

And considering the goal is to keep Bucky alive, that is a bad idea. A life is worth more of an importance than having a moral high ground and based on the very scan you posted, Cap would agree even in the 616.

This shows that you are just to be entitled to your own opinion without seeing the fact Cap BETRAYED him is the first and foremost thing I was trying to point out and it WASNT kill/live situation where Tony pointed a gun on BUCKY and He could have saved himself.

Therefore I don't think this is going anywhere because you are just entitled. Good Luck.

WordmanJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I on' know. maybe Cap?