How long have you read comics and what made you interested

• 59 results
Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I have been in comics for about 4 months. The batman movies and cartoons convinced me to read about him and then i found comicvine. Comicvine re introduced me into all of my favorite childhood characters and i decided to buy a comic and now im hooked. The end.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've been a comic fan for 28 years, its how I learned to read and I got into it due to watching reruns of the old Incredible Hulk show from the 70s.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ximpossibrux

Batman TAS and JLA comics back in the late 90's are what brought me to comics.

Then I started to read X-Men, and watched Wolverine and the X-Men.

And that was the start of my 3 favorite comic book series.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@knightfall225: I've been reading for about 4-6 months. Mostly due to rewatching the Justice League show, TDK trilogy movies, and the Avengers movie. I decided to read The Killing Joke and haven't stopped reading comics ever since.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Spider-Man TAS got me interested. Being reading since the early 2000s

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 and a half months, and Batman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

10 months. And The Avengers movie and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon got me interested in comics. I've be addicted ever since. Lol.

cgarza12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cgarza12

A little over a year & the TMNT movies & pretty much every super hero cartoon of the 90s got me interested. Now I'm hooked, I've even started branching out.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By M3th

I watched TMNT, Spider-Man TAS, Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Beast Wars and I can keep on going.

One day my uncle took me out for an errand. The store right next to our current destination caught my attention.

I went in and found a shelf filled with comics. My uncle Tio Ramon to be exact, hurried in to make sure I wouldn't get lost or kidnapped(long story.)

He was my eyes light up at the sight of the books and I grabbed a few. My Tio Ramon decided to buy me a couple comics.

One was a TMNT comic it was black and white. Plus, the plot was about dreams/nightmares they were having. Or so I think. Honestly that book had me confused it was in English and I only spoke Spanish at the time.

The second comic was a Spider-Man Vs Venom during X-Mas where Venom saved a school bus. That same issue had a story of Wolverine fighting Sabertooth.

That is where it all began throughout the years I bought comics here and there. Local comic shops opened and closed.

I been on and off for years. Something happens where I fall off from reading comics but I always come back.

I remember all the times I came back. Normally it was whenever I found a new comicbook shop.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since '83, though I was never very hardcore about it.

I enjoyed the comics included with Masters of the Universe action figures, but this was the one that really got me into collecting comics.

No Caption Provided

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I grew up on the great 90s/early 2000s cartoons like Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Batman Beyond, X Men, Spider Man, etc. I was an on and off reader for years until I started collecting regularly about 4 years ago.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man TAS got me interested as a kid. Stopped reading for a long while, and am not really sure what drove me back into the scene. I guess I've always loved the allure of comic book shops in general.

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GeekyEverAfter

I've been reading comics for about 3-years now. It all started when got my first job

working at a local libarary. I remember on my breaks I use to go to the graphic nolves section and instantly pick up any Batman comic I saw, due to me being a huge of Batman: T.A.S. I think the first comic I read was Batman: Hush and I've been a fan of comics, esp Batman comics, every since.

Wonkiestdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been reading Stephen King since I was a kid. A few years ago I read the dark tower comics, fell in love with the art and comic book format of story telling, so the I read American Vampire and kind of forgot about comics for a while.

Recently after thinking about my favourite movie of all time, Robocop. I remembered that there was a bunch of comics about it which led me to the comic shop. There they sold me on saga, crossed and I picked up uber and ghosted because they were new.

So I've only really been into comics a month or so and what e really hooked me was crossed, saga, dark tower, robocop last stand and punisher max!

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My father during the 90's was collecting a lot of comics. So i've read most of them(AoA was my favorite). After that, i played X-Men Legends I-II and i watched X-Men Evolution. That's where my love for the X-Men appeared.

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since 91. Turtles movies and the batman vs predator crossover really got me interested in collecting. Predator was freaking awesome and the 89 batman movie changed my life! Plus having the super powers and secret wars toys didn't hurt either. I read spidey and x- men early on since they became huge in the 90's with cartoons and trading cards plus toys

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I started reading comics around '87. That was back when Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends was on. Also superhero action figures where starting to become more common with the Super Powers and Secret Wars lines. I was that target demo they were shooting for so of course actual comics were the next step.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE

No Caption Provided

STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW MY WHOLE TEAM EFFING HERE

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I collected the toys first, then I got into the source material.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: ha! Love it.

As for me, this summer makes it eleven years.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Veshark

@lykopis said:

@veshark: ha! Love it.

As for me, this summer makes it eleven years.

Thank you :)

(You get that it's a Drake reference, right?)

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I've always been interested in comics as far back as I can remember (Garfield, Tin Tin, Asterix).

Batman TAS first got me into superheroes.

The first comic book I ever bought was one of those comics based on cartoon shows from WB.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've been reading 2 years now. All the movies and cartoons always sparked my interest especially the Spiderman movies, Batman Beyond, and Justice League. My first comic was The Mighty Thor #4 from Fraction.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By TDK_1997

November makes it 9 years straight for me.And I got interested by all of the animated series that were airing.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started around 03 with The Hulk movie. Started reading regularly around 08. Established my pull list in 2011.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Almost 10 years; I found a dusty copy of Uncanny X-Men #129 in my dad's garage. And an obsession was born. Alas, I don't know where that copy went. But seriously, what an issue to start with, I lucked out there.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Through out different points in my life, I would get a comic when it came with a Transformer or some action figure I saw was cool. I somehow got my hands on the Superman: The Wedding Album when I was a kid. Think my parents bought for me I don't remember. I remember having the encyclopedia books that had some info about the characters and reading those whenever a movie came out so I would have an idea on who they are. I got my first trade back in 2008 which was Planet Hulk and the first four issues of Avengers Initiative. It took me a while to completely finish reading the Planet Hulk trade. I got the Watchmen trade as a gift from my Dad so one of us would have an idea what Watchmen would be about when the movie came out. I had watch the cartoon shows and seen the live action movies based off comics and played a few games based on the movies or a character & I thought they were cool. Some of my favorite growing up was Superman: TAS, Justice League, Batman: TAS, Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker, Spider-Man, Daredevil (Yes, I do like that movie), Superman II, Spider-Man the animated series, I remember taking a liking to Spider-Man: Unlimited & I recall seeing a few episodes of X-Men and remember thinking that guy with the playing cards is really cool because he uses playing cards to fight. I can never remember Gambit's name back in the day. I think I liked Wolverine from that show as well. I also watched Smallville when I was kid since my parents told me it was about Superman and Superman is my favorite hero so I watched it. It did lose my interest at times because I kept wondering when is he going to put on his costume? I was in elementary school when it started and kids at that age are not very patient. I did start watching it constantly when I saw a commercial about Smallville and some dude in a cape was shown in the shadows, it made me think is he putting on the costume??? Turned out to be Green Arrow posing but hey, it got me interested again. A few games I played were Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, a Superman game that was on the old Nintendo system. Basically, any Marvel or DC movie that came out, my family saw it and any DC Comics show that aired in the 90's or 2000's I probably watched. Anytime a live action movie would come out, I went to the Marvel or DC website to read the character's origin. I remember going to the marvel website when Spider-Man's costume was the Iron Spider. I thought it looked so cool. During the summer of 2008, I started to look up the comic book heroes and after the summer ended, I looked them more up more often because they caught my interest. The pushing point for me was playing Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions and seeing Spider-Man Noir and seeing Spider-Man 2099 in action. I had seen Spider-Man 2099 on the marvel website. & one of my closest friends had just moved away so I got into to reading comics like late 2010, early 2011. Between November of 2010 and January of 2011 I started reading comics. I remember seeing a Fear Itself poster on a comic shop I drove by. On a side note I read manga as well and I got into that in High School. It was either freshman or sophomore year of high school one of my class mates introduced me to Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10 months. and Knightfall was got me interested.

krunkeela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By krunkeela

Finding some of my old Spawn TPBs brought me into collecting about 3 months ago? Now I collect all sorts of titles. I'm kind of sad that Spawn isn't Al Simmons anymore, but at least the series is still ongoing so I'm happy about that.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By Cap10nate

I always enjoyed the animated shows when I was little and had some of my dad's comics from the early 70s that I would look at from time and again. Never started reading until about 2 years ago when I needed something light to read while I traveled for work. Captain America was my favorite character when I was little so on a whim, I bought the first omnibus from Brubaker's run. Loved it so much that I bought the next two omnibuses within a couple days. From there, I got addicted and comics became my favorite medium for fiction stories.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I've been reading for 13 years and what got me started were all the cartoons on at the time that I loved watching as a kid

Bucco3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started by watching spiderman batman etc. cartoons then o started reading spider-man

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36  Edited By Aiden Cross

Since i was able to read Donald Ducks.

Abhi471990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have been in these comics book s from past 1 year.because of my stupid friend

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started just over a year ago with Sinestro Corps War after I saw the TPB in a library

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

About a year.

The thing that got me interested was venom #1 and my Dad who collects comic book figures and toys

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little over two months and the animated Justice league show and Comicvine got me into it. I remember searching for how fast the Flash was on Google and it lead me to a Comicvine link, which resulted in me watching battles and posts for about a year and a half before joining the site and then later on finally reading comics.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the 90's I was watching the animated cartoons at a really young age (around 3). I completely fell in love with Superman from the Superman cartoon and Hulk from the Incredible Hulk cartoon. My Father who was a huge comic fan game me his collection of Superman & Hulk (and other stuff like Avengers and Justice League when I was around 6-7 years old. which was the start of my addiction. And as I got older and more into mythology I read this issue of Hulk where he fights a God named Thor and after reading more Avengers stuff I noticed he was a main character their too and I loved him. I wanted to know more about this guy who can challenge the strongest one there is who is this God of Thunder etc and so my Dad gave me his Thor collection (this was around when I was 8-10). This is what started my Love for Superman, Hulk and Thor and all this lead me to where I am today still reading Superman Thor and Hulk for the past 13-15 years. So i really just have to thank my Dad he is the one who got me into this in the first place.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225: Lol yes he is cool. He doesn't read comics any more. though he will occasionally look at some that I have out (mostly stuff from my current pull list) here and there. He did the same thing with my brother who is a bit older than me but for Batman and Spider-Man and later Captain America.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my greatest shames is that I didn't grow up with the superhero shows of the 90s.

It took the X-Men movies to get me into the world of comics, but my interest faded in 2004.

Flash forward to 2010, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe gets me back into comics. I also start buying monthlies for the first time.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Off and on since I was twelve...thirteen maybe Not quite sure.

Had a bunch of Spider-man action figures and watched the cartoon and then found a copy of Eerie #13 in my dad's shed, snuck it away and read the hell out of it.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So most people are just starting?

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been reading since January 2013. I got interested due to curiosity. My interest in superheroes was rejuvenated due to watching The Avengers and other movies which led to me watching the Young Justice cartoon and found out there were comic book tie in series. I decided to check that out and a combination of that and an episode called Downtime made me want to know more about the Flash family. So I ended up reading Flash Rebirth as one of my first stories....and the confusion of reading that made me want to know more and next thing I know, I fall in love with a bunch of different comic book characters.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've been reading about 8 months now. What got me started is that I've always loved super heroes growing up with the 90's spiderman and x men cartoons were my first heroes that I was introduce to. Spidey became my fav hero from that day and still is along with captain america and nova my fave of heroes. What kept me from reading was that I was kinda scared to jump in at first not knowing as much prior before jumping in and not knowing enough about past stories that took place or a character's background. Then little by little I found out more about different events stories and titles that took place using the comicvine wikis that helped me understand alot that had taken place in both the DC and MU universes but more primarly in the MU. With that I finally decided to jump in and a perfect timing for me was that Marvel Now was only a few weeks in so I was able to get into some of the titles while also reliving some of the events that took place like the civil war and new avengers secret invasion and spider man ends of earth and anniliation.