• 55 results
#1 Posted by KanyeCosby (6806 posts) - - Show Bio

In a recent fight, between Superman and Zod against Rogol Zarr, their battle apparently shook the phantom zone.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Superman says, “And now it’s us against him. Earthquakes in the distance. The phantom zone trembles under the weight of this fight. Every creature and prisoner must have been alerted to this.”

To me, this feat seems pretty insane, although I’m not sure exactly how powerful it is. Considering the size of the phantom zone, this feat seems like it would be one of Modern Superman’s best striking feats. I wanted to get a consensus on the vine on this feat, see what other people say about it for future reference.

#2 Edited by Supermanthor (13714 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: IN MY OPINION THIS WILL GO DOWN AS HIS LIST OF HIGH END FEATS

THIS IS REALLY LOOKING INSANE SHOOKING PHANTOM ZONE IS NO CHILDS PLAY BUT STILL IN MY KNOWLEDEGE HIS REBIRTH VERSION DIDNT DO THIS KIND OF STRIKING IN ANOTHER ISSUE

I THINK HIS SECOND BEST STRIKING FEAT IS ONE SHOT BIZZARO TO THE MOON

#4 Posted by Supermanthor (13714 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by KanyeCosby (6806 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Sorry, I was still making my call outs when you posted so I didn‘t see it.

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (13714 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: NP , TAG ME EVERY TIME IF YOU CREATE A THREAD :)

#7 Posted by TonyMartial (8494 posts) - - Show Bio

CW Barry still solos

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#8 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

CW Barry still solos

that's like...all the bait

#9 Posted by Kevd4wg (12263 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the Phantom Zone contain like multiple planets and stuff? Seems pretty outlierish

Gotta love Bendis tho

#10 Posted by Supermanthor (13714 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: you doesn't like bendis's writing style right?

#11 Posted by Kevd4wg (12263 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Supermanthor (13714 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#13 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (6962 posts) - - Show Bio

Oneshots current 616 Thor

#14 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12052 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven’t been reading this book. How powerful/strong is this Rogol Zarr dude? Seems pretty beastly, where would he rank powerhouse wise?

#15 Edited by seastone98 (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

Dimensional? Honesty seems like an outlier since supes is more of a planetary++ kinda guy at maximum out put imo

#16 Edited by DarkHoudini (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: Depends on how large you think the Phantom Zone is. It’s been called infinite/almost infinite, but that’s obvious hyperbole, even the DC Multiverse has a clearly defined end. Other than that you could either go by what the PZ has been shown to contain or the fact that it has been associated with the word universe in conversation. In my opinion going by the word universe is pretty vague, a universe (even by definition if you want to go there) doesn’t have a certain size, hell that’s the whole point of the microverse. Not to mention I find it extremely hard to believe that other dimensions in the Sphere of the Gods are full regular-sized universes, for example, New Genesis and Apokolips are just planets, yet they exist in their own unique dimension/universe. That leaves us with the PZ’s “showings” and other non-infinite statements about its size, for example during Post-Crisis Brainiac made a copy of Krypton’s solar system in it. I had this question myself so I tweeted Bendis about it, my tweet was along the lines of “how large is the PZ anyway, we know Brainiac made a solar system in it” he didn’t respond with a definitive answer unfortunately, he just liked the tweet, which although not a great or conclusive piece of evidence seems to imply that he agrees with this line of reasoning. If the PZ really is around solar system sized this would be modern age Superman’s greatest striking feat.

#17 Posted by DarkHoudini (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: Rogol since the day he was introduced in interviews has always been supposed to be a very, very close equal or nigh equal to Superman in physical prowess according to Bendis, something proven with his confrontations with Supes, but he’s just much more brutal and experienced. He also has enough speed to impress Clark and fight Kryptonians who utilize their speed. His shape shifting axe is also pretty powerful, capable of one shotting Supergirl with a casual blast.

#18 Posted by The_Hajduk (5700 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m going to say it first....

Still below MCU Thor

#20 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaking an entire dimension? Well damn. That's definitely an outlier or just outright PIS tbh

#21 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Well in the same story arc the earth was sucked into the phantom zone. So it is pretty massive.

#22 Posted by Michaelbn (2142 posts) - - Show Bio

Muh speed.

#23 Posted by DarkHoudini (120 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Kevd4wg (12263 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@kevd4wg: Well in the same story arc the earth was sucked into the phantom zone. So it is pretty massive.

Yeah I remember that, seemed like the Phantom zone was quite a bit larger then it as well

#25 Posted by KanyeCosby (6806 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkhoudini: Does this mean we can officially call Superman a planet buster?

#26 Edited by DarkHoudini (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: I have attempted a calc for the feat, I still want to go over it a few times to be certain though (so don’t take my word for it quite yet), but assuming the PZ is solar system sized it seems that the feat would be above small planet busting yet still a bit below regular (Earth sized) planet busting in destructive capacity.

#27 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku level.

#28 Posted by Eobard21 (4187 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn impressive

#29 Edited by BruceRogers (17080 posts) - - Show Bio

Well assuming its not a hyperbole, it sounds a lot like Hulk's crossroads feat - amazing but not usable for the battle forums.

#30 Posted by KanyeCosby (6806 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkhoudini: Interesting, although small planet busting levels still seem too low. If they were causing earthquakes across the phantom zone, I’d assume they’d be shaking the other planets in the dimension. Assuming that if it’s solar system sized, it would be around the level of our solar system, that would mean that these planets would likely be tens if not hundreds of millions of miles apart from each other. I’d imagine that being able to do something like that would be above small planet busting levels.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#31 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14852 posts) - - Show Bio

That’s a very good feat, like very good.

#32 Posted by Lvenger (36295 posts) - - Show Bio

Well assuming its not a hyperbole, it sounds a lot like Hulk's crossroads feat - amazing but not usable for the battle forums.

^ This.

Also the Phantom Zone has different descriptions about its size. I think it was called dimension sized in the Rebirth Superman comics whereas in the Batman Secret Files story written by Tom King, it was called a universe. It's undoubtedly larger than our solar system though.

#33 Posted by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, I though Rebirth Superman was a mid tier? Could it be that he's actually...the same person as Post Crisis & New 52?

#34 Posted by Rajjar (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a difference between shaking the land in the dimension, and shaking the space-time itself. That said, somewhere between a moon-buster and a planet-buster.

#35 Posted by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: Phantom Zone is far larger than any planet, but lol at moon level

#36 Posted by Rajjar (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

@rajjar: Phantom Zone is far larger than any planet, but lol at moon level

That's by feats, man. Rebirth Superman is now combined Pre-52 and New 52. Before that, he was just Pre-52.

#37 Posted by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: What do you mean "before that"? There was no Rebirth before Myxlplyx revealed that Superman was both New 52 and Pre-52.

#38 Edited by Rajjar (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

@rajjar: What do you mean "before that"? There was no Rebirth before Myxlplyx revealed that Superman was both New 52 and Pre-52.

Uh, when he had those dark blue boots on?

#39 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just the right amount of impressive to separate the hypocrites from those that aren't, as this thread has already perfectly demonstrated.

#40 Posted by PrimelyGreat (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean the issue right before, Superman claims that he could make the entire dimension cease to exist when he was pissed. This also shows that Superman still doesn't go all out when fighting villains. This is all Bendis's doing.

No Caption Provided

#41 Edited by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: That was just Pre 52, filling in the spot that New 52 had since he died (the spot that non-evil Luthor wanted). Rebirth Superman didn't exist yet, until "Superman Vol 4, #19" when Mxy appeared.

#42 Posted by Rajjar (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

@rajjar: That was just Pre 52, filling in the spot that New 52 had since he died (the spot that non-evil Luthor wanted). Rebirth Superman didn't exist yet, until "Superman Vol 4, #19" when Mxy appeared.

Wait, wait, wait. I thought Pre 52 split into Rebirth and New 52 when the Flashpoint shenanigans happened. Isn't that what happened?

#43 Edited by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: No. Post Crisis Superman and New 52 Superman are both Superman split into two separate entities, they are physically equal and have the exact same bodies except only their memories have changed, Rebirth Superman is when he became whole again.

#44 Posted by KanyeCosby (6806 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#45 Posted by Kirkseven (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

Impressive, it sort of reminds me of 616 Thor vs Gorr cracking planets nearby without hitting them. This feat here should obviously be much more impressive then that, but it's the closest thing I could think of.

The energy needed to shake an entire dimension full of stars would probably require >solar system busting levels of power. If the place is universe sized, then I guess..... something absurdly high?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#46 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

Beerus level hehe

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#47 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5839 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically equal to goku shaking the infinite void.

#48 Posted by Supermanthor (13714 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by incursion2 (1856 posts) - - Show Bio

Dceu Doomsday adapts and oneshots

#50 Posted by GXrevs06 (4130 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost as vague as Jiren shaking the world of void