• 62 results
Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mister_Surreal

There has been a lot of talk about the FOX/Disney merger and how the characters owned by their respective companies would be brought into the MCU after being seemingly absent the entire time. I am just putting out some ideas as to how they could be introduced.

One way that they could be introduced is by having mutants exist as long as humans but are only coming out now because they had a reason to.

What Marvel could do is have them be around for nearly as long as the human race, but they didn't expose themselves. They would be terrified of their powers when they manifested, so they kept it a secret to insure that the people on the street didn't find out. But the mutants with physical differences (like Big Foot) isolated themselves from society and were only seen a few times by small groups of people. Mutants would be a something that only conspiracy theorists believe exist. Anyone else would just say they don't.

Professor X this entire time was actually finding kids who were "different" and taking them to his school for gifted youngsters. The X mansion could be around long before the MCU started, there just wasn't any reason for them to make it public knowledge. Until now. During or after the events Avengers 4, the X-Men realize that they can't keep hiding forever and that they need use their powers to protect the planet. They could have Professor X send them to fight and help the Avengers with some sort of threat.

They would make themselves public say that they have been around for many years and explain how they got their powers. This would make more mutants all over the world feel that they can go out and show the society who they really were. But the problem with that is people became scared when random people from a "new" species just started coming out of the wood work. They would view them as a threat to humanity despite them having protected them. Which is why they fear and hate mutants.

I like this idea because it stays true to the X-Men mythos at large. Wolverine and Magneto still had their childhood trauma and Professor X has still been accepting mutants into his school for years. The mutants can have their powers for the same reason, a certain gene in humanity has evolved to the point where it created a new species. It also keeps their dynamic with humans the same, mutants can be seen as a rival species while mutation could be seen as a disease. They could introduce a few X-Men members briefly in one movie and expand on them in the next.

This all works because it makes the X-Men work in the MCU just like it does in the source material. It also explains why we are only now seeing mutants.

But what do you think?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Supermanthor

I like this idea

Too

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tomkatie

Honestly, I dig this so much. Seems like the only way for MCU to “introduce” mutants is to say they’ve always existed, plus it would explain why the Avengers don’t trust the X-Men (they haven’t, or seemingly haven’t helped in any major crises)

Also, I completely accept Bigfoot being a mutant

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool. Sounds similar to the Atlanteans in Aquaman.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@tomkatie: Thanks! By the way, the Bigfoot idea actually didn't originate from me.

@solar_nerd: I appreciate your kind words!

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is a good attempt in introducing them to the MCU, but I feel there is a major flaw in this idea, the evil mutants. Sure this works for Xavier and the X-Men and other mutants who are shy/don't want to show their powers but what about evil mutants who don't care? I can't imagine mutants like Arclight, Harpoon, Sabertooth, Omega Red, Juggernaut (I know he isn't a mutant), Avalanche or Pyro not causing any trouble all these years and not being stopped by anyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually a really good idea

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@devilmenworks said:

I think this is a good attempt in introducing them to the MCU, but I feel there is a major flaw in this idea, the evil mutants. Sure this works for Xavier and the X-Men and other mutants who are shy/don't want to show their powers but what about evil mutants who don't care? I can't imagine mutants like Arclight, Harpoon, Sabertooth, Omega Red, Juggernaut (I know he isn't a mutant), Avalanche or Pyro not causing any trouble all these years and not being stopped by anyone.

I actually didn't think of that matter. How about this: It wouldn't make sense to come out of nowhere and cause trouble when all that it takes to kill you is a bullet to the head. This ain't The Flash tv show. The evil mutants use their powers for small scale crime but only start exposing themselves when they find out that there are people like them who they can team up with. This doesn't apply to Juggernaut because he has not yet received the gem of Cyttorak.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmenworks: Military hush hush and Professor X / Other mutant mind wipes. This could also bring in the full scope of the Weapon Plus program.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EvilTyger said:

@devilmenworks: Military hush hush and Professor X / Other mutant mind wipes. This could also bring in the full scope of the Weapon Plus program.

Good idea.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mumbojumbo said:

This is actually a really good idea

Thank you!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However they do it, it's going to seem sort of contrived for sure.

I have seen this idea proposed before and the problem is you could punch holes in it left and right. It's the sort of idea that would rely heavily on retcons, which I guess is fitting seeing as the X-Men are likely the most retconned franchise in history.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still expecting House of M / Secret Wars for the full inclusion

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@cattlebattle: Holes like what? Also, this idea was based on the concept that they don’t necessarily alter established history but rather add to it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Holes like what? Also, this idea was based on the concept that they don’t necessarily alter established history but rather add to it.

Well, SHIELD usually knows everything, as in that they are the parody of what people think "da government" is actually like. It would be bizarre if they knew nothing about mutants, and if they did, the question immediately comes up of why doesn't Nick Fury mention them or contact any of them at any point in time during any crisis and why is he so fixated on rounding up someone like Iron Man, who is just some asshole arms dealer who built a robot suit, when he could have instead focused his efforts on contacting and conscripting mutants.

Also, what have the X-Men been doing?? Have they had any battles?? What have all the bad guy mutants in the world been up to?? How do non Xavier affiliated mutants remain hidden and off the radar?? Not to mention a lot of questions and parallels would pop up seeing as in the Agents of SHIELD show Inhumans have basically replaced mutants as they basically facilitate the same concept.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@mister_surreal: the only problem is the inhumans have been the X-Men of the MCU for a while. With the reality, space and time altering powers of the three stones, u could say two universes collide and introduce the X-Men that way. Things become so entangled that the MCU accepts that mutants have been here since the beginning while the Fantastic Four's origin is rewritten.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@ravenvice01: No offense but that is sort of a copout in my opinion.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@cattlebattle: Simple explanation: Wheneve there is any sort of battle that the X-Men had that gets them on S.H.I.E.L.D.’s radar Professor X mind wipes. Heck, they could even have this big reveal later on that Charles has been doing it for years, making the tension between them and The Avengers even worse.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: I wouldn't put it past marvel studios though. It's the only thing that makes the timeline less complicated. Ur idea about the mutants being incognito since the beginning of time is no different that what the inhumans have been doing. Some look normal and live among us while other Inhumans look more unusual.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@ravenvice01: I see what you mean, but doesn’t your point about the inhumans only make my idea have a stronger basis?

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: between u and me yes it does but others will view it as hackneyed

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmenworks said:

I actually didn't think of that matter. How about this: It wouldn't make sense to come out of nowhere and cause trouble when all that it takes to kill you is a bullet to the head. This ain't The Flash tv show. The evil mutants use their powers for small scale crime but only start exposing themselves when they find out that there are people like them who they can team up with. This doesn't apply to Juggernaut because he has not yet received the gem of Cyttorak.

Those are some fair points about them wanting to hide away or not be recognized for their mutant powers/abilities. And how the police would have no problem killing them that are not bullet proof. However some of them that are bullet proof won't care about not hiding. To my remembrance, in one of the X men origin stories, they came out to the world to stop other mutants, because the police couldn't

Lol that is not Prof X's character to mind wipe mutants and others like that.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@devilmenworks: Good point, but going out and doing something that gets the police involved is not a good plan. If they find out that you have powers the FBI or worse, S.H.I.E.L.D will get involved. Most people would stick to small time stuff unless they are just very stupid.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Devilmenworks

@mister_surreal: Have you seen some of these mutants? lol Some of them are dumb. But I understand your point and you are right how most of them wouldn't want to attract attention.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@devilmenworks: Yeah. And look at it this way, mind wipe. But seriously, the MCU already has quite a few plot holes. I mean, would you really care that much?

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmenworks: You are kidding, right? remember the bit where in First Class he wiped the government agent's minds? he did the same thing in the comics. He regularly did that to protect the identities of the X-Men (and even occasionally Spider-Man) in the comics.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Simple explanation: Wheneve there is any sort of battle that the X-Men had that gets them on S.H.I.E.L.D.’s radar Professor X mind wipes. Heck, they could even have this big reveal later on that Charles has been doing it for years, making the tension between them and The Avengers even worse.

But I am saying what if SHIELD has had run ins with mutants outside of the X-Men. In the comics Wolverine has fought along the sides of Cap, Fury and Black Widow at certain points in history. Xavier couldn't be present at all these instances. SHIELD would likely know about several mutants.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@cattlebattle: The MCU could easily put Wolverine back in WW2 and say that he fought alongside Captain America at one point, but he didn't know that he was a mutant. The same goes for a lot of X-Men members. They can interact with other characters but not necessarily know about their powers. As for S.H.I.E.L.D, they keep a boat load of secrets. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept limited mutant data under wraps and out of the ears of The Avengers.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By phisigmatau

awesome idea! ill add more later!

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another one of these threads?

No, keep the X-Men in a different universe. You put them in the MCU, and suddenly it no longer makes sense, why are the Avengers celebrated, but the X-Men and the mutants are feared and hated?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowmagekage: Because mutants aren’t outstanding individuals with powers, sort of like celebrities in public eye. They can be your neighbour or even your child. Randomly scattered in the population. sure some are heroes but they are still part of a genetic deviant group. They are obviously different from humans and it is easy to see why that is scary, while someone like Spider-Man isn’t because he is a one-off science hero who people consider an outlier from the normal society which still consists of humans in their eyes. Mutant population is a direct threat to this.

OT: I think this is why this idea to introduce them doesn’t make sense. Their narrative is tied to them being everywhere, aside from not being true to their story, how would they coordinate well enough to keep their existence a secret all this time? Not to mention if they could coordinate this well, they would be aware of every crisis including Infinity War since there would be mutants in Africa and all over the world which would make them dicks for not doing anything. Then there is the case of mutants like Magneto who would definitely not want to live his life in secrecy and hiding.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EvilTyger: It has been awhile since I seen First Class but I don't remember him wiping anyone's mind except the soldiers that tried to attack him and Moira's mind. And you are right in the comics and some cartoons he has altered peoples' memories. Perhaps I worded my response wrong, when I meant by mind wipe others, I meant as something that he doesn't normally do on a regular basis. (out of character part) but he has altered people's memories in extreme circumstances. Charles doesn't like to mess with peoples minds although he has the potential to nearly control everyone on Earth.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: Thank you!

np

here goes

Agree with the mutants been in hiding, and not many of them around, maybe 50-500. Also Something we forget is a key point to Xavier school is helping mutants learn how to use their powers. Many mutants before now, had sporadic manifestation of the powers and simply did not know how to use them. Fury could've been known about the Xavier school and him and Prof would have had an agreement to key things non combat according to Sokovia accords. However after the events of IW Prof X sees making a Super hero team as a way to garner public favor with Mutants.. which doesn't work lol

I think they should update magneto and here's how:

As for Magneto I think having him be a direct descendant of a holocaust survivor who becomes a gypsy proselyte and is a survivor of the Bosnian massacre makes him current and keeps both his Jewish and Gypsy roots. This also keeps his storyline current yet still closely tied to persecution of his race.

now focusing on powers, abilities and skill sets, because that was my other huge gripe of the Foxmen movies.

I mean watching 3 alpha X-men struggle with toad is one of the reasons X1 is unwatchable to me.

Seeing Cyclops take out those guards in X2 in h2h combat was pretty cool. But I would love a more advanced Cyclops with higher tech and better skills. MY only hope is they keep it consistent. I hate when the guy can nail fsomething 400 yards a way but misses a bad guy or a friggin Sentinel 2 feet in front of him.

I remember in one comic Stark verified that Cyke had nuclear power out of his beams. Would be awesome to recreate a scene like that

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowmagekage: They are a new species that are better than humanity, not only that but mutation is often seen as a disease. The Avengers are random people who look cool and saved the world. Which is why people hate the X-Men are hated on and The Avengers are not.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: I'm sorry, I just don't see the mutants fitting in the MCU, the Fantastic Four? Sure, their a very easy fit for the MCU, but there is no way to explain the mutants absence in the world, especially guys like Magneto or Apocalypse, they're not the kind to stay hidden, like I said before, maybe its better to keep them in a separate universe.

Also, you put the X-Men into the MCU, then they suddenly become just a stepping stone to whatever new villain comes after Thanos or the guy after him, probably gonna take a couple of years for Marvel Studios to make an X-Men movie.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowmagekage: To be fair, my main thesis was that mutants would exist but only have small apperances that didn't gain too much attention. Not that they didn't exist. Just a side not, they could say that Apocoylpse was hibernating this whole time like in X-Men: Apocalypse and that Magneto didn't have a reason to come out because mutants at large were not being targeted. But if you still have any doubts that is OK :]

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After being reborn from thanos snap

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great idea!

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any other thoughts?

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here’s an idea ... we can fully assume this is old Professor X and Adult Jean Grey , at the point of MCU they are insanely powerful to the point they mask the mansion’s location along with all the mutants. MCU likes to tinker with abilities anyway so lets allow them to be able to do it. We can say one mutant a LONG time ago (think somewhere around Nick Fury just joining shield) tried to be a good hero but because he was misunderstood he did more harm than good on accident hence why Xavier would go into eternal hiding. I mean Fury hid Carol Danvers for YEARS & never brought her name up in times of deep crisis. One day , a mutant (someone like Jubilee) wanders and accidentally sets her powers off along with other mutants like Colossus and others exposing the world & shield back to mutants sparking debate about where heroes like Hulk & Spiderman are mutants or Human-Mutates