How good is Deathstroke's healing factor?

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Howard_The-Duck

This is a question that has been bugging me for some time now, so I've decided to finally ask the the all knowing internet

Now most people say that Deathstroke's healing factor is really crappy, and just heals wounds faster than regular. However then I see stuff like this

Where he is clearly shot in the head and has his brains blown out and should by all means be dead but he still heals from that as seen here
Then in those two scans we see that he's been yet again "killed" but he still comes back from that

And apparently his healing factor also adapts to pain so if Slade were being tortured by the military or something would he just adapt to their punishment and no longer be hurt by it after a while?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There is also 2 scans I was looking for but couldn't find. They are one in which his war buddy and man slave Wintergreen cuts his in the hand and he immediately heals from said cut, and the other is from Deathstroke the hunted in which he is "killed"yet again and awakes in the morgue after being "killed"

Also this isn't part of the main question but supposedly Slade also has retarded aging thanks to his healing factor, does anyone know how slowly he ages? He fought in the Korean war, so logically he should be around his eighty's.

So, how good is Deathstroke's healing factor?

Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Howard_The-Duck

Another title for this could have been "How good is Deathstroke's healing factor"

Changed the title, was originally "How immortal is Deathstroke"

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

No where near Wolverine level. But its impressive. I mean obviously not enough for his eye to come back

Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Thanks a lot , I've now changed the title

@stormshadow_x: In Deathstroke: Titans (or something like that) Slade had his other eye ripped out and he regrew it, maybe his healing factor hadn't kicked into full effect when his wife shot him

No Caption Provided

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By stormshadow_x
Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Jokerpoker

All I know is that in Arrow (when he's on Mirakuru) he got shot in the chest with a pistol, and only paused a moment before walking forward again.

Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its nowhere near wolverines or Deadpool level. But it is still very good and people do underestimate it a lot. Doctors were trying to operate on him before and the incision kept healing up before they could do anything. It was a pretty deep but and it healed pretty much instantly

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@howard_the-duck: his healing factor is actually underestimated, he has healed from seemingly fatal wounds, grew back an eye, survived explosions ect... Even his armor is volitile promethium that is very toxic yet his healing factor makes him immune to it. Perhaps it is best shown when his son loads his body with a bunch of machine gun rounds to the torso and he continues fighting almost un effected. So he has a great healing factor, however, people say it sucks because when compared to Deadpool or Wolverine it isn't quite that godlike.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@howard_the-duck Funnily enough I read this before you tagged me.

I feel like there's nothing more to be said really. I feel like you already determined that with the scans you posted.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Its good, a lot like Ultimate Captain America's. Its probably viewed as "weak" because DC tends to have weaker healing than Marvel. The same way Marvel tends to have lower superspeeds than DC. It's good, but Deathstroke also isn't notorious for relying on it, so I find his best showings are often just considered "high end" feats.

BrockTheRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

His healing factor is good, but not great....

It's around the same level as Blade.

emperorLion18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathStrokes healing factor is impressive; survive being impaled through the chest, taking a barrage of bullets, regrowing portions of his brain and head along with fending off nerve gas that rendered him from superhuman to peak-human. The healing factor also makes him ageless with top physical vitality. So is it possible for him to regrow missing limbs…yes (just not Deadpool fast); as stated before he’s grown portions of his head and healed broken bones in less than an hour (remember when a submarine fell on him), plus when his right eye was taken it regrew. As to why the left one does not grow back is simple in theory. That is because it is an emotional scar, which slade subconsciously never allows himself to heal from. This is due to it being what ties but also separates him him to his past life, a form of penance/self punishment for letting down his wife and son.

Avatar image for madmartigan8282
Madmartigan8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorlion18: interesting so does that mean he could in fact heal his eye if he got past the emotional pain?

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His healing factor is good, but not great....

It's around the same level as Blade.

emperorLion18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke actually has a really impressive healing factor. He actually can regrow organs; as regrew his entire heart and portions of his brain. He’s ranked bullets, explosions, stabbings and kept going. Sure he’s not gonna regrow his body from a drop of blood or come back from just being a skeleton but nonetheless impressive. I also have a theory of why his eye won’t grow back…simply because he subconsciously won’t allow himself to. It’s an emotional scar. He had regrown his other eye before. Maybe it just reminds him about how he failed both his wife and son.