• 52 results
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#1 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Essentially its the title. I do have a theory that I'm sure won't be overly popular. Probably isn't accurate but I would thoroughly enjoy it.

Lets get started!

We know Hunter Zolomon is the Time Judge that is investigating Eobard Thawne's death. He revealed himself at the end of the Flash Annual.

No Caption Provided

We also know that Eobard Thawne's new power is a combination of his previous power but it was stated to have been virtually the same as Hunter Zolomon's previous power set.

No Caption Provided

My theory is that:

Hunter Zolomon gave Thawne some of his power (how he did Inertia, a.k.a Kid Zoom) which explains how his power set changed and he was so much faster/more powerful than Barry. I believe Zolomon may have the ability as a time judge, whose lackeys are the Rogues (Wally Wests rogues), to move through time now. Previously he only had the ability to slow time down relative to himself. There was a WIS arc where he could time travel and phase but they are typically ignored (and should be). I believe this is stating Hunter ended up in the future, got his powers back and some new ones (ability to time travel which will make him one of the most powerful/dangerous villains in DC) as well as an obedient crew made up of Flash's (Wally) old rogues.

No Caption Provided

He's going to pit the Flash family against each other, and survival of the fittest. The last man standing will be who he torments the most to make him the best version of "the Flash"; which in my opinion should be Wally West. I do also believe that perhaps more likely, Hunter is going to destroy the Flash family and somehow bring back Eobard, whom he deems the perfect Flash. Given Hunter's belief Wally needed to be more like Barry in regards to time traveling and killing, we know Eobard is essentially a mid-tier Flash who is not afraid to go "too far". He may revel in tearing apart the Flash family, then retrieve Eobard and destroy them at their weakest. Continue being Time Judge Zoom and having Eobard be the one true Flash.

I'm psyched but more than a little apprehensive given DC's (Johns and Didio in particular) love affair with Barry. I'd love to hear your opinions on this.

Either way I believe that, moving forward, Barry should be the mentor of N52 Wally West in their own title, let Wally West who's already in Titans (comic) could take over a new Flash (comic) title (as it should be) and Barry can still be primarily in Justice League as Flash. Then everyone wins and they all have at least 2 comics.

Thoughts??

Anyway. Here. We. Go.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Edited by kiba (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

I get the feeling this will suck unless you love Wally wank. Not for me. They should restore Wally and Linda's marriage, children and do the speedforce comic that dc had planned, make it kinda like the Incredibles and leave Barry in the main Flash comic (as it should be).

#4 Posted by jamespacker (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiba said:

I get the feeling this will suck unless you love Wally wank. Not for me. They should restore Wally and Linda's marriage, children and do the speedforce comic that dc had planned, make it kinda like the Incredibles and leave Barry in the main Flash comic (as it should be).

#5 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiba: Wally wank? Wally has gotten 0 love from DC for nearly a decade now. They screwed up and they’ve been trying to fix it for awhile now. I prefer Wally to Barry, but it isn’t “wank”, that’s what DC has done with Barry.

#6 Posted by Tomkatie (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiba said:

Worried that this comic will be used to character shill Wally. I'm glad he's back, but I don't want him to be raised up at the expense of other characters

#7 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#8 Posted by GXrevs06 (3220 posts) - - Show Bio

I am confused. There are two Eobard Thawnes? Who is the one that appeared at the end of Flash's New 52 run?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#9 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we will be getting to Flash books

#10 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else

#11 Posted by PrimelyGreat (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Next cover for Flash War Part one.

No Caption Provided

#12 Edited by reventon64 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

This takes place before Doomsday Clock right? Barry is still the Flash and still on the Justice League in Doomsday Clock, so the only thing we dont know is what happens to Wally

#13 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Barry is a speed force crack head now, releasing godspeed is definitely gonna put some tension between him and wally

#14 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump preview for #49 shows that ppl throughout the multiverse can feel them racing. Thats some dragonball super jiren level stuff there. Also Wally is kind of a cocky punk

#15 Edited by Eobard21 (1825 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope Barry beats his ass

#16 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Eobard21 (1825 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: hes grown on me the past couple years but i still prefer Barry. Hard to reconcile the fact that hes literally a copy of Barry even down to the origin story and the fact they both fathered twins. Hes definitely more moody than Barry but i also loathe the idea of a him being faster than Barry considering Barry is the originator of the speed force

#19 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

For anyone curious of what happened in the Flash War finale, these are pretty much what matters imo:

Bart Allen returned today, Wally used his temporal energies to 1-shot Hunter which was badass but then they were all knocked out of the time stream. So the speedforce is completely severed from the space time continuum meaning the flashes coolest ability is now gone (time travel), oh and we still have no clue how Hunter Zolomon got his speed back or where it comes from besides being a speed force member now (his powers were previously time based)

#21 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: enjoyed it thoroughly. Fairly certain wally will be getting his own book soon. Also i think that was superman prime at the end

#22 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: enjoyed it thoroughly. Fairly certain wally will be getting his own book soon. Also i think that was superman prime at the end

That would be awesome! But the way it ended looked like the renegades were disintegrated and by electricity not heat vision

Idk I get why they took time travel away but it was one of my favorite flash abilities and lol frankly I used it a lot in the battle forums.. in comics it always sort of gave them the second chances other characters couldn’t enjoy. I was also annoyed that we never found out how Hunter got his powers back or if they were even the same as before. Wally and Barry came out looking great.

#23 Posted by NakedSnek (410 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: if wally gets his book bart will probably join him and they will probably hunt after Zolomon while Barry and Wallace continue their adventures in Williamson's book. I just found it fishy that A) they credited jerry siegel and joe shuster at the beginning, which gives credence to the figure being prime. B) Also prime had flash phobia which if it is him explains why he said in this issue that he wants to destroy the Flash family C) Bart beat Superboy prime in the past so makes sense that prime would show up right when Bart does.

But we will see. Williamson has shaken up the DC landscape so wouldnt surprise me if he brought prime back

#26 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: excellent points. I think Bart and Wally would be an excellent book, searching for Hunter and the still force. Barry and Kid Flash Wally resume activities deal with the remaining time renegades and the affects of the sage and strength force. Meanwhile Prime will be the threat (like in the past) that beings the universe to its knees.

#27 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Yes. I think that is exactly what will happen. Also another piece of evidence is in the shadowy figures jail cell it said "crisis". Superboy prime was the antagonist of Infinite Crisis. I think all signs point to Superboy Prime

#28 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: I will officially be disappointed if it doesn’t turn out to be Prime now lol

#29 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Outside_85 (21803 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Yes. I think that is exactly what will happen. Also another piece of evidence is in the shadowy figures jail cell it said "crisis". Superboy prime was the antagonist of Infinite Crisis. I think all signs point to Superboy Prime

Wouldn't make much sense with what happens to the welcome wagon.

My money is on the Anti-Monitor and not that rubbish version John's gave us.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#31 Posted by SupremeGeneration (8356 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: He honestly just doesn't look like him to me:

No Caption Provided

@krleavenger what do you think? Have you read the issue yet? If so, don't click this, it's a Flash Wars thread so beware of spoilers.

#32 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: @firestarlord73194: yeah I did see a video on YouTube where it appears to be the Anti Monitor. I’m not sure how the likes of Thawne would have captured him, why he’s so small/different looking but his plans were thwarted multiple times by the Flashes: Barry destroying his antimatter canon and Wally schredding his physical form when Psycho pirate amped him. More recently didn’t Barry or technically the Black Flash kill him?

I suppose it could be him.

#33 Posted by KrleAvenger (25278 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Outside_85 (21803 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: @firestarlord73194: yeah I did see a video on YouTube where it appears to be the Anti Monitor. I’m not sure how the likes of Thawne would have captured him, why he’s so small/different looking but his plans were thwarted multiple times by the Flashes: Barry destroying his antimatter canon and Wally schredding his physical form when Psycho pirate amped him. More recently didn’t Barry or technically the Black Flash kill him?

I suppose it could be him.

The alternative is ofc that this the Turtle (gasp) from a number of years from the present day who has gotten hold of the spooky (and doesn't make much sense) 'Stillforce'.

#35 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: that would be the most underwhelming reveal ever lol

#36 Posted by Lan_Fan (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, an actual comic discussion ^_^

Avatar image for bella_blackstar
#37 Posted by Bella_Blackstar (8325 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally is awful, I'm glad he's getting no love.

#38 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: maybe, although the antimonitor isnt one to be contained nor does he talk like this guy did. Could be turtle, but that still raises the question, why would williamson specifically credit siegel and shuster on the first page

#39 Posted by kiba (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Called it.

#40 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: theres red light in the cell, could be red solar radiation. further proof its a kryptonian

#41 Posted by kiba (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

https://screenrant.com/the-flash-comics-barry-allen-faster-wally/

Interesting things from the writer

#42 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Farkam (11721 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the most awesome comics in a while now.

#44 Posted by BladeOfFury (2147 posts) - - Show Bio

CW Iris should have won. She is partly the Flash, after all.

#45 Edited by NakedSnek (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: First of all hunter zolomons mental blockage by travelling his moment of reality back in time caused him to lose powers

In additional to wait for years hunter's old powers returned after he punched the monitor bringing back his old suit while getting old power he had to make sure wally could trust him by making him seem powerless at the moment

Eobard never had the same power set as hunter first of all Eobard affected time itself slowing it down, then Barry sped up time giving him the upperhand to cut Eobard of his manipulation of time, some may say he manipulates relative to himself though he actually affects time

Hunter zolomon on the other hand dosen't manipulate time itself he speeds up his own timestream giving him the ability to decide how fast and slow he wants to go, Not to mention he can decide how slow and fast everything is around him while he can choose how fast hunter is in time, simply hunter can decide how himself functions with time itself

Both are very different time abilities and set of manipulation

What made it even more out of your speculation is that you thought hunter would give eobard some new powers

but the new52 eobard is not the actual eobard its an alternative eobard returning from any kind of paradox he whims from, What actually happened is that eobard got hunter out of jail and gave him the tech to be able to walk meanwhile both joined forces to get show the flashes how bad they are and what kind of hero they truly need

which lead to hunter zolomon at the end granting him different powers and forces as a part of his new arsenl with his old time powers, in the end he tried to travel to hypertime but seemingly failed to obtain the remaining force aka still force that might've made hunter zolomon the most powerfull DC being if he ever got his hand on the last force that he needs to collect, since hypertime is literally infinite creations of all dc he can merely create a future where hunter is is more powerfull than the source wall and hypertime, thats how dangerous things could get if hunter got the stillforce giving him the ability to do anything

Anyway now hunter is stranded in wherever he is in hypertime and we may see anti monitor and another crisis but who knows maybe hunter is saved for something bigger

The reason Wally and barry couldn't speed steal hunter is due to his speed isn't speedforce

the reason hunter was connected to the speedforce was due to the Sage Force and the Strength Force which has a connection to the speedforce

#46 Posted by B_r023 (2867 posts) - - Show Bio

I really feel like DC is headed towards another big crisis event. Prime or Anti-Monitor?

#47 Edited by NakedSnek (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: Anti Monitor First And Maybe Zoom After

Zoom is still planning to collect the still force

#48 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

@nakedsnek: there is sooo much wrong in your post and misconception about what I said. But I’ll get to it

#49 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (9299 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: First of all hunter zolomons mental blockage by travelling his moment of reality back in time caused him to lose powers

I know, never mentioned how he lost his powers or being confused about that.

In additional to wait for years hunter's old powers returned after he punched the monitor bringing back his old suit while getting old power he had to make sure wally could trust him by making him seem powerless at the moment

Scans? Not that I don't believe you but I admitted I don't know how he got his powers back and I don't recall seeing it in Flash War

Eobard never had the same power set as hunter first of all Eobard affected time itself slowing it down, then Barry sped up time giving him the upperhand to cut Eobard of his manipulation of time, some may say he manipulates relative to himself though he actually affects time

This was WIS/PIS of expnlaing the powers of a character (incorrectly) then randomly creating new powers that never existed and are pointless, to rival that..

Hunter zolomon on the other hand dosen't manipulate time itself he speeds up his own timestream giving him the ability to decide how fast and slow he wants to go, Not to mention he can decide how slow and fast everything is around him while he can choose how fast hunter is in time, simply hunter can decide how himself functions with time itself

Both are very different time abilities and set of manipulation

I am well aware of Hunter and Eobards differences, having explained them multiple times. Hunters powers are from time displacement and slowing down to our or even a flashes reference of time. Eobard uses the speed force, then used the "negative" speed force which was just stupid. We saw Hunter use speed force abilities in flash war as well as put on Eobards negative speed force ring.

What made it even more out of your speculation is that you thought hunter would give eobard some new powers

Point to my post where I said that? At all..

but the new52 eobard is not the actual eobard its an alternative eobard returning from any kind of paradox he whims from, What actually happened is that eobard got hunter out of jail and gave him the tech to be able to walk meanwhile both joined forces to get show the flashes how bad they are and what kind of hero they truly need

I don't even know what to say here.. A lot of this is speculation from a few panels we got like 3 issues ago...

which lead to hunter zolomon at the end granting him different powers and forces as a part of his new arsenl with his old time powers, in the end he tried to travel to hypertime but seemingly failed to obtain the remaining force aka still force that might've made hunter zolomon the most powerfull DC being if he ever got his hand on the last force that he needs to collect, since hypertime is literally infinite creations of all dc he can merely create a future where hunter is is more powerfull than the source wall and hypertime, thats how dangerous things could get if hunter got the stillforce giving him the ability to do anything

The other forces seem a bit stupid but maybe we'll get some history on them and they can clean up this NEW amendment to the speed force and what it is.

Anyway now hunter is stranded in wherever he is in hypertime and we may see anti monitor and another crisis but who knows maybe hunter is saved for something bigger

Wally is searching for Hunter who may not be in the same time period. Thats been confirmed

The reason Wally and barry couldn't speed steal hunter is due to his speed isn't speedforce

Barry can not speedsteal, he never has been able to. He allowed the speed force to absorb the negative speed force and took control over it which he couldn't and ended up losing both before needing help to get the former back. Wally can't speed steal Hunter because of his powers, Hunter IS now tapping into the speed force because he could time travel using hyper time and he was able to tap into the speed force, the strength force and the sage force. Its right in issue #50

the reason hunter was connected to the speedforce was due to the Sage Force and the Strength Force which has a connection to the speedforce

There are 4 forces: Speed, sage, strength and still.. they are not all aspects of the speed force. They may be connected but being a part of one does not mean that you have control and abilities over the others. Even if it did, then that would prove Wally still should have been able to speed steal him...

#50 Posted by Tomkatie (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

Who predicted THE REAL BART ALLEN'S RETURN THO!!!