How fast was Wally going when he saved the Titans?

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Image result for wally west saves the titans and linda

When he saved them how fast was he?

Lightspeed? High Machs?

I really need to know...

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think lightspeed or veery close to it because the explanation was that the closer to light speed a Flash runs, higher the risk of getting sucked into the Speed Force and he did get sucked into the SF.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#3 stormshadow_x  Online

Fast enough

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West is the bee's knees. Just finishing his run by Morrison and it is insane how much faster he is and how strangely he uses the speed force compared to other Flash family members.

Gpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West is the bee's knees. Just finishing his run by Morrison and it is insane how much faster he is and how strangely he uses the speed force compared to other Flash family members.

I think he's gotten nerfed since his reappearance in Rebirth.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around Mach 1 with wank

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faster than Jesus

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enough to convince CW fans who the real Flash is.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enough to convince CW fans who the real Flash is.

i dont understand?

but do you think Lightspeed?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fast enough to run into the speed force

SirZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not fast enough to even see The Shrike,(and therefore not nigh-omnipresent) which is quite slow.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faster than light. It takes faster than light speeds to go into the speed force.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva said:

Faster than light. It takes faster than light speeds to go into the speed force.

Nowhere near faster than light. Wally was pushing himself to the limit just to save all the titans, who were thousands of miles apart. Light can travel around the earth 8 times in 1 second. If Wally was FTL, Kadara's challenge would have been a piece of cake yet we clearly see him having to exert himself

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@yarva said:

Nowhere near faster than light. Wally was pushing himself to the limit just to save all the titans, who were thousands of miles apart. Light can travel around the earth 8 times in 1 second. If Wally was FTL, Kadara's challenge would have been a piece of cake yet we clearly see him having to exert himself

It is what it is. That's how fast you need to run to get into the speed force. Point blank. But If you were to try and think about a comic book feat beyond what is necessary like you have, then I guess I could say that he didn't start off by running at light speed. I think the hostages were all over the world and Wally had to go and search for them while he continually is talking to himself saying he might be cutting it close and telling himself he needs to speed up while knowing and fearing being sucked into the speed force without a way out. Then towards the end he finally reaches light speed and is sucked in. That's the way it works.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Black_Arrow

@gxrevs06 said:
@yarva said:

He wasn't going to a constant speed, he feared that he would get sucked on the speedforce so he held back too much. He decided to go FTL when he noticed that he wouldn't be able to reach Linda on time.

Kadabra even says that he was FTL so there is no point in discussing this:

No Caption Provided

Now he has a new anchor so he could probably go FTL again.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

2 fast 4 u.

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

7000 miles in 6 and a quarter second. Maybe a bit faster than that

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By johanshieh

@yarva: 7000 miles in 6.25 sec is about 2,505mph or 1120 m/s, and light speed is about 300000000 m/s. That's nowhere close. But maybe reaches light speed when saving Linda.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GXrevs06

@yarva said:

@johanshieh: That's what I meant.

Case point: It's a high-end feat. It's not something he can do casually off the bat nor is FTL his standard speed level. His loved ones were literally about to die, hence was extremely motivated and pumped up on adrenaline. You hear stories where mothers are able to lift cars to save their children. Same thing here.

Impressive feat but there is context.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I disliked that arc in Titans everyone was nerfed and useless just so can be saved by Wally for example in picture above Garth/Tempest restraint by metal chains did writer forget about superhuman strength Garth/Tempest had being Atlantean as well other physically Superhuman stats like durability, speed etc. Not mention other abilities like Atlantean magic (energy blasts from eyes, water manipulation and much more) he not only one there was also Lillth who a Telepathy but both needed written be useless so can saved by Wally so far Titans book been nothing more then a Wally and Titans book.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@yarva said:

Case point: It's a high-end feat. It's not something he can do casually off the bat nor is FTL his standard speed level. His loved ones were literally about to die, hence was extremely motivated and pumped up on adrenaline. You hear stories where mothers are able to lift cars to save their children. Same thing here.

It's a high-end feat. It's not something he can do casually off the bat nor is FTL his standard speed level.

That is not true. Are you new to Flash characters.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@yarva said:

It's a high-end feat. It's not something he can do casually off the bat nor is FTL his standard speed level.

That is not true. Are you new to Flash characters.

I am referring specifically to Rebirth Wally

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By johanshieh

@gxrevs06: Speedsters can go really fast but they just keep it down around 700-800 mph due to safety reasons on earth.

Rebirth Wally probably has the same feats as pre 52.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: Rebirth Wally is Pre 52 Wally. And evidence was already shown that he went light speed.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GXrevs06

@johanshieh said:

@gxrevs06: SRebirth Wally probably has the same feats as pre 52.

He is but he has also been nerfed as shown in the last few issues. Pre-52 Wally wouldn't have struggled to save everyone.

@yarva said:

@gxrevs06: . And evidence was already shown that he went light speed.

I am disputing that.

"It's not something he can do casually off the bat nor is FTL his standard speed level. His loved ones were literally about to die, hence was extremely motivated and pumped up on adrenaline. You hear stories where mothers are able to lift cars to save their children. Same thing here. Impressive feat but there is context"

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@yarva said:

I am disputing that.

"It's not something he can do casually off the bat nor is FTL his standard speed level. His loved ones were literally about to die, hence was extremely motivated and pumped up on adrenaline. You hear stories where mothers are able to lift cars to save their children. Same thing here. Impressive feat but there is context"

You can't dispute facts. The scan was posted. It explicitly says says he ran FTL. All Flash's can run FTL. It's not like Wally running at that speed is some radically new idea for Flash's. There isn't a standard speed. They run at different speeds for whatever the situation requires. Light speed obviously isn't his max since he was actively telling himself not to go too fast or he'd be sucked in to the speedforce without a rod to bring him back. Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@yarva said:

I am disputing that.

You can't dispute facts. The scan was posted. It explicitly says says he ran FTL. All Flash's can run FTL. It's not like Wally running at that speed is some radically new idea for Flash's. There isn't a standard speed. They run at different speeds for whatever the situation requires. Light speed obviously isn't his max since he was actively telling himself not to go too fast or he'd be sucked in to the speedforce without a rod to bring him back. Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Again, I am disputing that. Are you purposely being obtuse? Yes, he went light speed but there was also context

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On an average, his speed would be 1800 km/s, or mach 5500-ish. But he started out slow, and surpassed the speed of light in the end, as per the explanation given.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06:

Not seeing what you are disputing. He can surpass the speed of light if he really wants to - we already knew that, considering light speed is child's play for wally.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@yarva said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@yarva said:

I am disputing that.

Again, I am disputing that. Are you purposely being obtuse? Yes, he went light speed but there was also context

I'm not being anything other than straight forward. He ran light speed. You agree with the caveat that you think its due to adrenaline and that he can't replicate it unless under extreme conditions which I disputed and listed reasons for why that idea is dumb.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He had to have the time to search each city/area find them and get them to safety, then push himself to get to Linda at which he was moving faster than light. Which is how he ended up in the Speed Force again.