How fast was MCU Iron Man's reaction speed in the Mark III?

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superhero24
No Caption Provided

The tank appears to be around 50 - 60 meters away from Iron Man. I'll calculate using 55 meters.

Tank shell muzzle velocities range from 472 m/s - 1,700 m/s.

Low End:

Humans have a visual reaction time of 0.25 seconds. They would need to be at least 118 meters away to have a chance at reacting to a slow moving tank shell.

55/472 = 0.1165 seconds reaction time.

In Mark III, Tony has at least 2.145 times faster reactions than an average person.

High End:

An average person would need to be at least 425 meters away to have a chance of dodging the fastest Tank shells.

55/1,700 = 0.0323 seconds reaction time.

In Mark III, Tony has at most 7.74 times faster reactions than an average person.

Results:

In Mark III, Tony has between 2.145 - 7.74 times faster reactions than an average person. His reaction time is between 0.0206 - 0.0742 seconds.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice!

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool, good work as usual. :)

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So tony is a confirmed bullet timer? Lol ??? good job bro.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good!

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama:

That depends. Based on these calculations, Tony dodging the 1,700 m/s tank shell is equivalent to dodging a bullet moving 343 m/s fired from 7 meters away.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CramAndman

Looks good to me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: Nice! Do you think you could calculate MCU Luke Cage's car-stopping feat?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: Awsome, I asked you that because I tried calculating the feat myself and I got something wayyy of f lol.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama:

Don't forget that Tony's reaction is most likely around his travel speed considering he would need to be able to react to something while flying in order not to smash into stuff and know where he is going. Now, you can imagine how fast his reactions are with his faster suites.

@normanbates:

I could pm you my calculations of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't really make sense for Tony to have superhuman reaction time but cool stuff anyway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16 JediXMan  Moderator

Not fast enough to react to Cap...

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ad-arts

All wrong, since the distance is wrong to begin with...

The tank appears to be around 30 - 40 meters away from Iron Man. I'll calculate using 35 meters.

Try a 100

Average modern tank is around 2.5 metre height. Now imagine average person next to it, does that person look so small when its only 30-40m away? No... The actual distance is above 100m, not much above, but above. Looks like 120-140m. I have seen lots of tanks in real life, this is what they look like from above 100m.

Now if u consider acutall distance, considering your low end he is on regular human level. Considering high end he is above average human, but not above peak living humans. Some people have reaction times slightly below 100ms. There isnt many of them, but they are there. So... considering high end, he is among fastests real life people.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

Ironman dodged a tank round from Chieftain which uses 120 mm caliber

Maximum velocity (APDS): 1,370 m/s.

Maximum velocity (HESH): 670 m/s.

considering black face caused by the tank shell it should be HESH round which causes internal damage to tanks which explains why he was struggling to remove his suit.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

So Ironman reacted to 670 m/s round.

So by ur calculation Ironman's reaction speed is 0.0522 seconds.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: You should deff do a comparison of MCU mjonir Vs DCEU Superman speed.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superhero24

@jedixman:

That isn't a low show. Cap has beaten every single record the normal human has. He overhead lifted Iron Man who's suite weighs between 600 - 800 lbs with Tony Stark weighing 185 lbs after he took a beating, and Iron man had his thrusters on. In the highway scene, Cap also runs around 40 mph possibly faster. Usain Bolt ran at 28 mph for his fastest clocked speed. Taking these into account Cap on average is about 40 - 60 percent superior in every category to the best regular humans at them. The fastest recorded punch was 19 m/s. Scaling Cap from how superior he is with everything else, we get that Cap's fastest punches would range from 25.6 m/s - 30.4 m/s. Cap is arms length away from Iron man when beating him up which is around 1 meter away. At 30 m/s, a human would need to be 7.5 meters away to react to that. Iron Man would need to react 7.5 times faster to stop those punches. Cap was way too skilled for Iron man to beat in cqc. Once he is able to figure out how Cap fights, he was able to easily stop an attack from Cap and then actually blitzes him. That is at least how I saw the fight was going down. The distances I also gave the tank may be a little generous which I will change in a little.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts:

I am the fastest man alive if that Tank was 120 - 140 meters away or 1.3 to 1.5 football fields away.

@chris-sama:

Mjolnir is much faster. I can assure you of that.

@nightmare52:

The blast Iron man was hit with wasnt the tank's main cannon. The shell that was fired at him was from the main cannon which mean it would likely be faster than the one that hit him. I can't seem to find out which type of tank it is. The tank has many things off about it.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts:

I am the fastest man alive if that Tank was 120 - 140 meters away or 1.3 to 1.5 football fields away.

@chris-sama:

@nightmare52:

The blast Iron man was hit with wasnt the tank's main cannon. The shell that was fired at him was from the main cannon which mean it would likely be faster than the one that hit him. I can't seem to find out which type of tank it is. The tank has many things off about it.

So Thor traveling speed is faster than dceu supes flying speed? Or would the weight of Thor slow mjonir down?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24 JediXMan  Moderator
Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24 said:

@ad-arts:

@chris-sama:

@nightmare52:

So Thor traveling speed is faster than dceu supes flying speed? Or would the weight of Thor slow mjonir down?

Mjolnir is faster not necessarily Thor with Mjolnir. Mjolnir never travels close to it's full speed with Thor on it. It's fastest was in Thor the dark world where it comes back to Earth from low orbit in 3 - 4 seconds. Low orbit is 1,200 miles up. It would range from mach 1,419 - 1,892 in speed. Thor's best feat with Mjolnir is catching up to a Quinjet. If we knew the speed of a Quinjet, then we would know his fastest speed he has traveled with Mjolnir.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This calculation is completely empty and pointless because the distance is just being guessed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52:

The blast Iron man was hit with wasnt the tank's main cannon. The shell that was fired at him was from the main cannon which mean it would likely be faster than the one that hit him.

Chieftain (tank) was the only tank in that scene which has only 120 mm caliber which is that main Cannon.

I can't seem to find out which type of tank it is. The tank has many things off about it.

What ???

how did u measure the distance is 35 -40 m ????

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24 said:

@nightmare52:

The blast Iron man was hit with wasnt the tank's main cannon. The shell that was fired at him was from the main cannon which mean it would likely be faster than the one that hit him.

Chieftain (tank) was the only tank in that scene which has only 120 mm caliber which is that main Cannon.

I can't seem to find out which type of tank it is. The tank has many things off about it.

What ???

Nevermind. I see what you're saying about the chieftain tank. It does look similar. The part where he is shot down looks to be like a secondary cannon, but it may not be.

how did u measure the distance is 35 -40 m ????

Small buildings like the one's seen in iron man or one's in the united States that can be really close together are around 25 ft in width. The buildings in the scene dont look too much wider. I just noticed that there are some openings in between the buildings. I am starting to think the tank is a little farther maybe 60 meters away. What do you think? I disagree hugely with it being 100 meters or above. That distance is smaller than a football at least imo. A football field is bigger than people on here think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24 said:

Small buildings like the one's seen in iron man or one's in the united States that can be really close together are around 25 ft in width. The buildings in the scene dont look too much wider. I just noticed that there are some openings in between the buildings. I am starting to think the tank is a little farther maybe 60 meters away. What do you think? I disagree hugely with it being 100 meters or above. That distance is smaller than a football at least imo. A football field is bigger than people on here think.

I could find exact distance if I know the exact height of Mark 3 suit.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

https://sizecalc.com/#physical-size=2.9meters&perceived-size=0.8degrees&distance-units=meters

It seems likely to be 207.6 m away from camera.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

https://sizecalc.com/#physical-size=2.9meters&perceived-size=0.8degrees&distance-units=meters

lol hell no.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Superhero24

@nightmare52 said:

@superhero24:

lol hell no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew74X5z3Rgo

This is a video of a dude showing off how a woman would look from 100 meters away. He accomplishes walking 100 meters in 82 seconds. The average walking speed of a human is 1.4 kmh. The dude is walking backwards as well, so he would have walked slower. The tank also doesn't really look bigger than Tony. In the scene Tony fires his missile into the Tank's main gun, we can see the Tank isn't much bigger than him. That tank isn't farther than 80 meters and even then that is a stretch.

No Caption Provided

He was also not hit by the Tank's main cannon. Unless the Chieftain has a secondary anti aircraft cannon then it isn't the chieftain either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was also not hit by the Tank's main cannon. Unless the Chieftain has a secondary anti aircraft cannon then it isn't the chieftain either.

Then it a movie made version.

Without anti airgun it looks like it's a Chieftain tank coz The flat secondary fuel tanks on the rear side and The Brits sold their Chieftain tanks to Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait and Oman. They're all over the Middle East.

No Caption Provided

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@superhero24: I can have a rough estimate of the distance if you can give me the dimensions of the tank.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Superhero24

@apex_pretador:

2.9 meters tall. This the height of a chieftan tank, but that isnt the guaranteed height of the tank. It seems smaller to me.

No Caption Provided

We can clearly see that it is pretty close to him in terms of distance.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@superhero24: I'm unable to find out the distance of the Tank from IM, but the distance seems to be about 26.4 times the distance between camera and IM

Can't seem to find any information from Tony's HUD either