How fast is Thor's combat speed and reaction speed?

• 147 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dfd917e0cf
deactivated-5f6dfd917e0cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Anyone have any feats?

Earth 616, so comic version.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 TakenStew22  Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dfd917e0cf
deactivated-5f6dfd917e0cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TakenStew22  Online

@kingetrigan77: He usually has peak human combat speed with bullet level reaction speed.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Thor has shown to be slower than Wolverine, so average human speed would be my the right answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has like peak human+ combat speed. And very low supersonic reaction speed.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mach 0.2 seconds

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TakenStew22  Online

@richubs: He did react to a sniper bullet once, but I don't know how far they were.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High level bullet timer reaction and low end bullet timer combat.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lightning speed

No Caption Provided

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Richubs

@takenstew22:

That's a nice feat.

But I am a little confused.

People here are saying that this Thor is basically at max a bullet timer.

But in Thor vs Superman threads Thor seems to stomp or win every time.

Isn't Superman in the comics like, much much faster than bullet and basically near light speed?

So wouldn't Thor have reactions around that to beat Superman? Because if he's a bullet timer at max he shouldn't be able to see Superman.

Correct me if in wrong about this, I don't read many comics so I might be misinformed.

I think the battles were with N52 Superman.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mach 3-5, probably.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TakenStew22  Online

@richubs said:

@takenstew22:

That's a nice feat.

Isn't Superman in the comics like, much much faster than bullet and basically near light speed?

So wouldn't Thor have reactions around that to beat Superman? Because if he's a bullet timer at max he shouldn't be able to see Superman.

Correct me if in wrong about this, I don't read many comics so I might be misinformed.

Many people (including me) believe that Superman would blitz Thor.

If speed was equalized I would give it to Thor.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Very slow for his Tier.

LightingJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LightingJack

Well at least he is bullet proof :p

LightingJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway peak human

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sub Wolverine/Dare Devil levels.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is veeeeerrry slow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45f2a1434a1
deactivated-5d45f2a1434a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around New 52/Rebirth Aquaman in Combat Speed, Hypersonic.

Cramem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cramem

Definitely slower than wolverine:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is Hypersonic, So he is Prime Earth Aquaman level.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's as inconsistent as any other comic book character.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kevd4wg  Online

@richubs said:

That's a nice feat.

Because in comics(as stupid as it is) just having speed isn't enough, it matters how well characters can use speed(Though not everyone agrees with me on this, but a lot do). For example Bill and Surfer have shown they can fight or act at lightspeed multiple times, but for the most part they simply don't. There's a certain skill to using speed in comics and the Flashes or Post-Crisis Superman are really good at it and all of them can stomp Thor, but New52 Superman doesn't posses the same skill with using speed. He doesn't use the same high quality blitzing and dodging every hit that PC Superman uses.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg:

Oh OK. That makes more sense.

So he simply doesn't use his speed efficiently.

AndreasVer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AndreasVer

He has numerous feats to put him in the same teir as other characters on his caliber. Thor scales above Mjolnir’s speed feats because can consistently fight on par with people who can dodge his hammer meaning his reaction speed is greater than his hammers flight speed and MUCH greater than his travel speed. Also reaction speed is always above travel speed which should be painfully obvious for anyone who actually pay attention to how movement works. Seriously people who lowball Thor should try lowballing other characters besides him. Everyone who says he’s slow based on like three easily debunked anti feats is either trolling or suffers from mental illnesses.

indominus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infinite

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By brucerogers

His reaction speed is considerably better than his combat speed. He has blocked bullets, projectiles, energy blasts etc Wonder Woman style with his hammer. I'd say peak human (or above) combat and low superhuman reaction reaction speed.

Just FYI, I would like to point out that even characters like Superman have failed to tag and keep up with street levellers. You have plot to thank for that. But unlike him, Thor doesn't have any speedster level feats to fall back on.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street level by comic standards, honestly.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olubummo said:

👉 Thor's Combat Speed

That thread is locked. Let's continue our debate here.

You rely on words from an Editor, who never wrote on Thor.

Thor has been fighting and tagging FTL characters like Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Hyperion etc for 40+ years, even when they stopped holding back. Fact.

50+ Years of history>>An EDITOR's and your opinion.

You bring that Thor Vs Wolverine scan to show that Thor's slower, after ignoring the fact that he was interrupted, and didn't finish the full sentence.

He's faster than I--. He was interrupted, that's why the box had two hyphens, which indicate an unfinished sentence.

In fact, he was interrupted twice, I've marked them for you.

"He dodges my blows with ease of a--".

Considering the context and how much surprised Thor was it should be "He's faster than I thought".

No Caption Provided

He has numerous feats to put him in the same teir as other characters on his caliber. Thor scales above Mjolnir’s speed feats because can consistently fight on par with people who can dodge his hammer meaning his reaction speed is greater than his hammers flight speed and MUCH greater than his travel speed. Also reaction speed is always above travel speed which should be painfully obvious for anyone who actually pay attention to how movement works. Seriously people who lowball Thor should try lowballing other characters besides him. Everyone who says he’s slow based on like three easily debunked anti feats is either trolling or suffers from mental illnesses.

MidTierThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slower than a falling mast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supersonic

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faster than DCEU Superman...

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TakenStew22  Online

Fast enough to react and block bullets (and other military weapons) countless times.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By byondeon

He is able to react to lightning at least.

You could scale him to BRB and Surfer, though he is slower than them..

AndreasVer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AndreasVer

@andrew_____: your First scan Is just some guy insulting him during a fight, it doesn’t mean he’s actually slower than a cloud. He also called Thor a dog so is Thor now a dog because of that? Your second scan is just a fellow hero underestimating him. Also that’s conveniently unworthy Thor i.e. one of the weakest versions of him. And your third scan is Daredevil dodging one hit when Thor himself said he was holding back in that scan.

@tonystark6999: why did you quote me in your comment?

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RukelnikovFTW  Online

Fast enough that Quicksilver can't react

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He has many feats of being as fast as lighting,is equal to Bill and jane, has fought people like surfer or gladiator has some reaction feats in lightspeed level but people say he is below peak human

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Olubummo

@tonystark6999:

LMFAO, i already schooled you!

Everything you need to know about Thor's ‛‛Combat Speed’’ is in that LINK. Read from👉PAGE 2 to PAGE 6 of that Forum Link i directed you to. It's up there👆

👉Thor himself is not that Fast in Combat Speed, Scaling Fast characters to Thor is a Cheat. It's like Scaling Deathstroke to Flash. Deathstroke himself is not that FAST in Combat Speed, he's not on Speedster Level but he has been shown to take down Wally West, Bart Allen etc., this are Speedsters for God Sake. SCAILING IS A TRICKY THING.

--> It's very easy to say Characters like Flash, Superman and Sentry are Fast in ‛‛Combat Speed’’ without Scaling them to anybody. What about Thor? Can't the same be said for Thor?

Literally, Thor himself admitted that he's not Faster than Wolverine + different Street-Level-Characters has said Thor is SLOW during Combat. If you think Thor is Fast in Combat Speed, you have to prove it without Scailing Thor to any character.

For example:

• Can Thor himself throw ‛‛Multiple Punches’’ in less than a Second?

• Can Thor himself fight with an opponent while an opponent is a ‛‛Statue’’ to Thor?

Tom-Brevoort is > you, because he knows about Thor more than you do.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TonyStark6999

@olubummo said:

LMFAO, i already schooled you!

No, you didn't, and never could. The thread was already locked when I tried to respond.

👉Thor himself is not that Fast in Combat Speed, Scaling Fast characters to Thor is a Cheat. It's like Scaling Deathstroke to Flash. Deathstroke himself is not that FAST in Combat Speed, he's not on Speedster Level but he has been shown to take down Wally West, Bart Allen etc., this are Speedsters for God Sake. SCAILING IS A TRICKY THING.

Yes, it's a tricky thing, but not when someone has been doing for more than 40 years.

--> It's very easy to say Characters like Flash, Superman and Sentry are Fast in ‛‛Combat Speed’’ without Scaling them to anybody. What about Thor? Can't the same be said for Thor?

Thor builds a pillar while being a Blur of Motion. Repeatedly moving his arms.
Thor builds a pillar while being a Blur of Motion. Repeatedly moving his arms.

Literally, Thor himself admitted that he's not Faster than Wolverine + different Street-Level-Characters has said Thor is SLOW during Combat. If you think Thor is Fast in Combat Speed, you have to prove it without Scailing Thor to any character.

Thor was interrupted before finishing his sentence. You do know why hyphens are used, right?

For example:

• Can Thor himself throw ‛‛Multiple Punches’’ in less than a Second?

• Can Thor himself fight with an opponent while an opponent is a ‛‛Statue’’ to Thor?

Thor moves too fast for Heimdall to perceive/follow. Gladiator needed Heimdall to blink his eyes, so he could bullrush him.
Thor moves too fast for Heimdall to perceive/follow. Gladiator needed Heimdall to blink his eyes, so he could bullrush him.

Tom-Brevoort is > you, because he knows about Thor more than you do.

Tom Breevort, obviously based that statement from that one scan, he didn't read the comic, which showed Thor was trying to talk with Wolverine, but when he had enough, he easily touched/hit Wolverine fast enough before he could react.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Olubummo

@tonystark6999:

👉During his Fight with Wolverine, Thor himself admitted that he's not FASTER than Wolverine. So i don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You're just a die hard fan of Thor.

You are trying to prove that Thor is as FAST as Speedsters in Combat Speed but in reality, he isn't. He's not even FASTER than Superman, not even close.

Thor is FAST in Travel Speed but SLOW in Reaction/Combat Speed, face it. you have to learn to live with that Fact. I ALREADY SCHOOLED YOU.

Everything you need to know about Thor's ‛‛Combat Speed’’ is in that Link, it's up there👆

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t understand how people can read that fight with Wolverine and come to the conclusion Thor was surprised. Wolverine even said sabretooth graded power for speed.

He also says Wolverine is too fast at one point in the fight. I feel like arguing Thor never said anything love Tiné was faster is just biased. You would be better off just arguing pis.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TonyStark6999

@olubummo said:

👉During his Fight with Wolverine, Thor himself admitted that he's not FASTER than Wolverine. So i don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You're just a die hard fan of Thor.

Feats don't suggest that. I showed you a couple of scans proving that Thor can move and do stuff at Super Speed. Thor also said he has unlimited Strength, but feats don't suggest that. Same applies here.

Thor even contradicted himself, when he had enough and threw Wolverine away, even before the latter could react

You are trying to prove that Thor is as FAST as Speedsters in Combat Speed but in reality, he isn't. He's not even FASTER than Superman, not even close.

Simply saying he isn't, won't help.

Thor is FAST in Travel Speed but SLOW in Reaction/Combat Speed, face it. you have to learn to live with that Fact. I ALREADY SCHOOLED YOU.

Everything you need to know about Thor's ‛‛Combat Speed’’ is in that Link, it's up there👆

Yes, Thor is faster in Travel Speed than Combat Speed. But he isn't SLOW.

Your links are filled with out of context scans and lowshowings, ignoring Thor's holding back nature.

No you didn't school anyone, unless you think that ignoring my scans and restating yourself is what you call schooling, then it's fine.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I don’t understand how people can read that fight with Wolverine and come to the conclusion Thor was surprised. Wolverine even said sabretooth graded power for speed.

He also says Wolverine is too fast at one point in the fight. I feel like arguing Thor never said anything love Tiné was faster is just biased. You would be better off just arguing pis.

Thor was surprised, lol. His expressions suggest that. Yes, Wolverine said that because Thor was holding back.

Thor did throw away Wolverine before he could react, despite being at a weird postion, when he ran out of patience and had enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor lacks the skills and agility of the street-levelers.

He is like the other characters in his weight class as his brute force matters more than his ability to dodge or block attacks...

If we look at a close-combat situation he isn't fast, at all.

If we look at countering fast projectiles he does well but that's not the same thing.

The two cases I've mentioned should always be argued separately for obvious reasons.

In short, if you want to look at a character with finesse and quickness, don't look at the Class 100 and above in general, they doesn't do well on that department.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: Come on...

Thor isn't as agile or skilled as Wolverine.

Wolverine is quicker, not by a lot, but still.

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999:

Feats don't suggest that. I showed you a couple of scans proving that Thor can move and do stuff at Super Speed. Thor also said he has unlimited Strength, but feats don't suggest that. Same applies here.

👉For God Sake, Stop being Ignorant and go to the LINK i directed you to. Stop making me repeat myself.

--> I don't know about his unlimited Strength. All i know is that most of Thor's good Combat Speed feats are due to WIS. Thor was shown to move and do stuff at Super Speed is due to WIS. Captain America himself once reacted at LightSpeed. I already talked about this, go to the LINK i directed you to, it's up there👆

- You are trying to prove that Thor is capable of something that he isn't just because you are a Thor fan, that's Preposterous.

- It's like saying Captain America can react at LightSpeed, when in reality, he can't.

Thor even contradicted himself, when he had enough and threw Wolverine away, even before the latter could react

👉I already talked about this👆

- Just because Thor threw wolverine away doesn't change the Fact that Thor himself admitted that Wolverine is FASTER than him.

- Just because Thor threw wolverine away doesn't change the Fact that Wolverine was dodging Thor's fiercest blows.

- Just because Thor threw wolverine away doesn't change the Fact that Thor said Wolverine was TOO FAST.

- Just because Thor threw wolverine away doesn't change the Fact that Wolverine said Thor traded some SPEED for strength.

FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING, GO TO THE ‛‛LINK’’ I DIRECTED YOU TO, it's up there👆

Simply saying he isn't, won't help.

👉Stop trying to say that Thor is capable of something that he isn't, that's just Thor pure w*nk😷

Yes, Thor is faster in Travel Speed than Combat Speed. But he isn't SLOW.

👉LOL, i didn't say he is SLOW. All i said is that he isn't FASTER than characters like Captain America and Wolverine. Thor himself admitted that he's not FASTER than wolverine.

Your links are filled with out of context scans and lowshowings, ignoring Thor's holding back nature.

👉I already talked about this👆

Thor might hold back in terms of Strength but not Combat Speed. He can't hold back his Combat Speed because he's not that FAST in Combat Speed. He's not Faster than wolverine.

FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING, GO TO THE ‛‛LINK’’ I DIRECTED YOU TO, it's up there👆

No you didn't school anyone, unless you think that ignoring my scans and restating yourself is what you call schooling, then it's fine.

👉Actually, I ALREADY SCHOOLED YOU but you are just ignoring everything i said in that LINK because you are a die-hard fan of Thor.

FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING, GO TO THE ‛‛LINK’’ I DIRECTED YOU TO, it's up there👆everything you need to know is in that LINK.