• 70 results
Posted by Jueix (2387 posts) 4 months, 30 days ago

Poll: how fast is Quicksilver (MCU) (58 votes)

Subsonic 21%
Speed of sound 9%
Supersonic 36%
Hypersonic: Mach 5-10 26%
Hypersonic: Mach 30-50 7%
No Caption Provided

This is a discussion on movement speed.

#1 Posted by Sazzmi (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Vrey Fast

#2 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

Around 80 mph top speed, which makes sense given how he was killed by being shot to death.

#3 Posted by RBT (26294 posts) - - Show Bio

A Calc puts him at around Mach 3-4. I'd say less than that, but barely.

#4 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: which calc put him at that speed? How does someone who supposedly move at that speed get shot to death?

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#5 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver can run a lot faster than 80 MPH...my car can go faster than that

#6 Posted by Abezethibou (840 posts) - - Show Bio

mach 3 or 4 low hypersonic

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#7 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

Slower than DCEU Wonder Woman

#8 Posted by Heatforce (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: well apparently he was tired (but the way he died was still BS). I find it hilarious that now most of the mcu powerhouses have travel and reaction speeds that outclass whatever this version of QS was calced at.

#9 Edited by RBT (26294 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: The bullets QS was shot at moves at Mach 2.5. Considering how many of those bullets were coming his way and the fact that he had to focus on saving two people, it most certainly falls in line with the speed I said he can move at.

#10 Posted by Tomkatie (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as fast as a speeding bullet

#11 Posted by RBT (26294 posts) - - Show Bio

Subsonic is leading...

#12 Posted by deathstroke512 (2370 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain would speed blitz him.

#13 Edited by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: it most certainly doesn't nor has quicksilver ever shown Mach 2.5 speed nor does he even need to be that fast to dodge a bullet of that speed.

He would appear as a teleporter if he was that fast and would've never been shot in his arm in the first place

#14 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: no one right now in mcu can run or move as fast as quicksilver. Flying is different.

#15 Posted by Amcu (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

He perceived a bullet(Yes I know it had gone though glass)as moving a few inches over the course of a few seconds while he was in real time IIRC. He's at least supersonic.

Him being shot doesn't mean that much. For one he was tired and for two he wasn't focused on the bullets and was only concerned with saving Hawkeye and the kid.

#16 Posted by Kevd4wg (11820 posts) - - Show Bio

Supersonic, not Hypersonic though

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9
#17 Posted by deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: Not to mention he didn't see the bullet and ran right into it. A lot of people seem to miss that point. This misconception would lead people to believe he is slower than he actually is. There is a difference between running into one and not being able to dodge it.

#18 Edited by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

Perceiving does not equal movement and it is quite clear given the fact that the character we're talking about, quicksilver, died to being shot by bullets. Nothing more has to be said.

#19 Posted by TonyMartial (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

High supersonic

#20 Posted by DrPepperMan (6145 posts) - - Show Bio

He is somewhere between DCEU Diana and Clark in speed. He was moving fast enough to rip apart bulletproof metal and was shown in real time while a bullet was shown in slow mo.

#21 Posted by PrimelyGreat (503 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by bflynn316 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#23 Posted by bflynn316 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

For anyone who doesn't feel like watching that video above I'll put the speed in a spoiler block below:

Mach 4

#24 Posted by Emperorb777 (10826 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as fast as Superman.

#25 Posted by FaradaySloth (6611 posts) - - Show Bio

Travel? Supersonic.

Reaction? As fast as DCEU wonder woman

Avatar image for carminedcmarvel
#26 Posted by CarmineDcMarvel (158 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Batvibe12 (5381 posts) - - Show Bio

Supersonic.

#29 Posted by FaradaySloth (6611 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by RBT (26294 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@rbt: it most certainly doesn't nor has quicksilver ever shown Mach 2.5 speed nor does he even need to be that fast to dodge a bullet of that speed.

He would appear as a teleporter if he was that fast and would've never been shot in his arm in the first place

If your best counter is 'Nu uh' then don't bother replying. The guns attached to Shield jets are GAU 17 miniguns. Google its muzzle velocity.

#31 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: and they killed him. how does that indicate mach 3 - 4 speeds for quicksilver?

#32 Posted by BladeOfFury (2901 posts) - - Show Bio

Supersonic

#33 Posted by RBT (26294 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@rbt: and they killed him. how does that indicate mach 3 - 4 speeds for quicksilver?

It doesn't...

I was replying to your point that getting killed by bullets means he's not supersonic.

#34 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: he isn't supersonic because he was killed by bullets and you're not providing any evidence he moves at mach 3 - 4 when he died by a minigun that shoots bullets that he would be almost twice as fast as by speeds you claimed.

#35 Posted by RBT (26294 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@rbt: he isn't supersonic because he was killed by bullets and you're not providing any evidence he moves at mach 3 - 4 when he died by a minigun that shoots bullets that he would be almost twice as fast as by speeds you claimed.

Okay, I'm done.

#36 Posted by bflynn316 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: Watch the Quicksilver vs Quicksilver video I posted, the analysis is pretty sound and they calc him around Mach 4

#37 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by GateOfBabylon (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by bflynn316 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@bflynn316: that guy is known for bad calcs

Gubz? He makes some errors, but usually he's actually on the conservative side of estimates so if anything Quicksilver is probably faster. And rather than generalizing you should watch the video because it holds up.

#40 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: I did watch the video and I've watched many of his videos. He's still wrong, quicksilver isn't almost hypersonic.

#41 Edited by bflynn316 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@bflynn316: I did watch the video and I've watched many of his videos. He's still wrong, quicksilver isn't almost hypersonic.

Care to explain why you feel that way? I'm open to hear your critique but as of right now you've not done an excellent job backing your statements in my opinion. That's not a personal attack, I just feel you've been making broad statements without explaining your logic.

#42 Edited by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: I'm pretty sure my previous posts explain why I feel that way. A mach 4 running quicksilver won't have been killed by bullets at mach 2.5 speed if he's constantly running to push Hawkeye. He'd be too fast.

Anyway, I've seen better calcs that put him at much slower speeds which makes sense why he died

#43 Posted by bflynn316 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@bflynn316: I'm pretty sure my previous posts explain why I feel that way. A mach 4 running quicksilver won't have been killed by bullets at mach 2.5 speed if he's constantly running to push Hawkeye. He'd be too fast.

Anyway, I've seen better calcs that put him at much slower speeds which makes sense why he died

He can't push Hawkeye and a kid at mach 4. He doesn't have the speedforce to protect them, the sheer velocity would be fatal. The way I understood the scene in the movie where he got shot was that he was faster than the bullets (that's why he was able to run from the loading vehicle to Hawkeye before the bullets hit him) but not fast enough to divert their paths (ala the quicker Quicksilver in DoFP) so blocking them was the only option. I would however be interested in seeing those better calcs if you can get me a link.

#44 Edited by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: quicksilver is already breaking physics, if he was still following the laws of physics he would've died by running that fast or everyone around him would've caught on fire yet that didn't happen when he touched Hawkeye & the kid.

That's not even what I'm talking about anyway.

Two, in that same grub video, He highlighted that Whedon said quicksilver isn't faster than all bullets so the fact that he was killed by mach 2.5 bullets and didn't speed past before they reached him is simple enough to show he's not twice as fast as those bullets.

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#45 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (970 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

Not fast enough to save to people from bullets without using himself as a shield

#47 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23972 posts) - - Show Bio

He's high supersonic. Maybe low hypersonic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
#48 Posted by deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Supersonic.

#50 Posted by DammeFavour (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how people get Mach 4? His only possible supersonic speed feat is the klau scene. Saving Hawkeye isn't a supersonic feat, he had to outrun the quinjet and that wasn't going supersonic then he failed to dodge the bullets, if he were Mach 4,he'd have enough time to save Clint and the boy and then evade the bullets