How do you guys feel about Tom Cruise taking on the role of Iron man and Emily Blunt becoming the new black widow?

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the upcoming film, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, there are talks going on that it is pretty much a done deal that Tom Cruise will be coming to the MCU and continuing Robert Downey Jr. work. Also, Emily Blunt will also be making her first appearance as the new Black widow from a different Universe. Marvel might be using this as an opportunity to bring back these characters with fresh faces and personalities so that things do not get stale.

No Caption Provided

How do you feel about these actors taking on the role? Do you think they will perform as well as their predecessors? Funny enough both of these actors work together in a film called Edge of tomorrow where a guy basically lived his life in a time loop that got triggered every time he died.

No Caption Provided
HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those who are interested. Someone did a deepfake of Emily Blunt as Black Widow and she looks pretty good.

Loading Video...

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That'd be...well interesting. Although I feel there's no need for another Iron Man. Just let the character rest for some time.

As for Black Widow, I don't mind since Scarjo's era of the character is done even though I felt she was underused. But Emily is a worthy replacement if it's true.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4 krisbishop  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't feel both

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Both very good actors, but no, Downey Jr. and Johansson feel too ingrained in the characters.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These aren't even legitimate as rumors. No credible sources or anything; just some twitter fan buzz about Cruise as Stark. Not to mention Blunt had refused the role of Black Widow before Johansson was cast. It's not happening.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These aren't even legitimate as rumors. No credible sources or anything; just some twitter fan buzz about Cruise as Stark. Not to mention Blunt had refused the role of Black Widow before Johansson was cast. It's not happening.

Loading Video...

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

Both very good actors, but no, Downey Jr. and Johansson feel too ingrained in the characters.

Downey Jr yes, Johansson no

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Tom much more than RDJr but no

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BS

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#14 god_spawn  Moderator

Still want Blunt with Krasinski, probably butchered that, to be Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No to both, why bring them back?

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grace Randolph (Behind the Trailer YT channel) has been covering these rumors for a bit. I don’t have an issue with Tom Cruise as an alternate universe Tony Stark, but I think it’s a waste for Emily Blunt. Granted, she is Sue Storm-Richards in my MCU FF fan-casting.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, Cruise would've been a great Tony Stark... ...ten years ago. Unless MCU want to do Iron Man The End, it'd be irrational, to say the least. Still, he would've been a great choice. I think he would've been more comic book accurate than Downey Jr. Though, I would like to see him as Tony Stark. His character from the Last Samurai reminds me a lot of comic book Tony Stark.

No Caption Provided

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Emily Blunt needs to be Susan Storm.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These 2 characters need to rest. Many other Marvel characters are in need of a live-action adaptation. If these 2 are used as just alternate versions than it will be fine. But they should not be a replace/recast of the original versions.

These 2 actors could be covering different characters

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor-parker: She would be a good pick if Fantastic Four wasn't so far away. Considering how the fantastic four will be around for a long time, they would better-off to cast them with a younger actress. By the time we see the FF, EB will be nearing her mid 40s for her first of many films. IMO the FF do not need to start moderately aged. Sure she doesn't look nearly 40, but age will still catch up on her when she is closing 50 by her second or third movie.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Tom Cruise is 58 so even considering he is an ageless freak of nature...at Max this is going to be a 3 movie storyline plus we will have to wait a long while due to COVID...

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cheap and unearned.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Justiciar

It ruins the impact of their deaths if they go overboard with this

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor-parker: She would be a good pick if Fantastic Four wasn't so far away. Considering how the fantastic four will be around for a long time, they would better-off to cast them with a younger actress. By the time we see the FF, EB will be nearing her mid 40s for her first of many films. IMO the FF do not need to start moderately aged. Sure she doesn't look nearly 40, but age will still catch up on her when she is closing 50 by her second or third movie.

I have to disagree, the F4 should be above 35 years old, especially if they want to introduce the family dynamic that is one of their main appeals, I would like to see them already with Franklin and Valeria and already knwoing each other for years, which is the route the MCU will probably take considering all the previous movies had them young and meeting for the first time.

Emily Blunt alongside Krasinski work perfectly for the roles, not to mention they both look really young and are in excellent shape to portray older members but with plenty of vitality left.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh plz no.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, people seriously want Jim from The office as Mr Fantastic??

And we know somebody's going to get race swapped. Probably Sue.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does MCU Fantastic Four need to be an origin story? Does the audience need to see how they got their powers again and if so, do the producers need to focus on that storyline for the majority of the film? I ask because I, too would prefer an older Reed and Sue with kids in tow.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rajjarsalt

Bet RDumBait is gonna say something salty about Widow

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a parallel earth, so I don't mind. And Emily can't possibly be worse than Scarlett as Widow anyway.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 krisbishop  Moderator

@rbt said:

And Emily can't possibly be worse than Scarlett as Widow anyway.

Wow, you must be the first person I've seen that disliked Scarlett as Widow.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s parallel earth so it’s fine with me. Make this new iron man more douche bag like