How do I show Geoff Johns my original Green Lanterns?

SangHellE56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I know he's one of the head staff at DC. But is there any way I could show him my original GLC characters? I contacted DC Entertainment today about this twenty minutes ago, so I imagine it'll only take a day or so for a response. It's Monday. And I mentioned that I want to do it for fun and feedback, not like I'm looking to be Lead Artist of the staff or something.

Is this possible? :(

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

As with most things, unless you're rich as hell you'll probably need to start from the bottom and work your way up.

Don't want to crush your dreams or anything, but I wouldn't expect much to come from sending DC your ideas, I highly doubt they accept unsolicited material.

You should start writing as much as you can, get an artist to draw up your stories (or do it yourself if you can) and start getting your work into the ether by starting a blog, a portfolio, going to conventions, then writing for smaller publishers etc. You'll have to build a name for yourself within the industry before you get to have any chance of getting in on big names like Green Lantern.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

As with most things, unless you're rich as hell you'll probably need to start from the bottom and work your way up.

Don't want to crush your dreams or anything, but I wouldn't expect much to come from sending DC your ideas, I highly doubt they accept unsolicited material.

You should start writing as much as you can, get an artist to draw up your stories (or do it yourself if you can) and start getting your work into the ether by starting a blog, a portfolio, going to conventions, then writing for smaller publishers etc. You'll have to build a name for yourself within the industry before you get to have any chance of getting in on big names like Green Lantern.

Unfortunately this is true but its worth the experience and time so more power to you if you choose that path.

SangHellE56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rogueshadow: Sorry if I didn't get more specific on the last thing I said.

I just want to show Geoff my stuff FOR FUN AND CRITIQUE. I don't plan to work for DC, as cool as that would be I just want to show I'm a big fan, that's all. Is there any way I can do what I just mentioned?

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FirestormFate1919

I don't know if I just got lucky or something, but I just tweeted him and he responded after like 14 hours. He seems like he enjoys fan interactions a lot, so I'm sure you'd hear back if you just contacted him across a couple different platforms.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

@sanghelle56: Oh, lol, nevermind then. Well I guess the best way would be to show him stuff at a convention. He'll probably be busy as hell though so you'd get maybe 30 seconds of his time? I don't think you'll get any feedback from them with the e-mail.