How do I get past this level in Batman Arkham City's New Game +?

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just can't seem to get high combos, and even when I do, I can't one-shot the bad guys around the 20s or 30x's combos when I was able to on normal mode. Any tips? I know I have a similar thread up but I've been on this level for about a week now, and I rarely ever get even close to finishing this level.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit more counters.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow what a throwback! The only part in this game I struggled with were the Tyger guards

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

When I did it, I went pure offense to get high numbers and used takedowns on the heavies. I dodged and leapt over enemies more often than countering. Batclaw and batarangs help to thin out enemies and gain some breathing room.

Hardest part for me was the Freeze fight. I didn't really have a problem with anything else.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand this probably isn't helpful, but really the only answer is get better at the game. Make sure you're timing your attacks and not just spamming and dropping combos, and use dodge a lot instead of relying too much on counters.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cat-like24:

You're going to have to counter like crazy and get your combo meter/number up. If it gets high enough, you'll start wrecking dudes with like 1 or 2 hits. Jumping over attacks and quick gear attacks would make life easier as well. You need to use offense as your best defense if you get what I mean.

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks all for your responses, I think I’m just going to play this game on hard or normal and start over, or just go with a different game. I took a break from playing this level so there’s still a learning curve to get past.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try dodging a lot, jumping over opponents by double tapping X (PS4) or A (Xbox). Create distance and use the batclaw slam. Also, incorporate batarangs. Really easy to use. Last tip is you can switch between distant targets for each hit. BA games' freeflow combat allowes you to fight really smooth so all you really need to do is direct the left analogue stick in other directions where there are other enemies as you press the attack button so you don't get caught in a 'hot spot'.