How did you?

#1 Posted by shatterstar (5288 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally original, straight from the old noggin. Mind power & creativity.

#2 Posted by Nameless one (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Come up with the idea for your Comic Vine charecter?

Did you get the idea from a comic book or from somewhere else?

Or is your charecter an image of you as a person?

Mine The Nameless One, is a charecter based on the Malchovian sect of Vampirism

and yes I always loved playing charecters with split personalities

So how did you become your hero or Villan?

#3 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Based around Wonder Woman, and I based the story on surrealist artists, using their names. I love Wonder Woman too much to become evil.
Post Edited:2007-03-31 08:05:04

#4 Posted by Nameless one (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Based around Wonder Woman, and I based the story on surrealist artists, using their names. I love Wonder Woman too much to become evil.
Post Edited:2007-03-31 08:05:04"

but evil is so much fun lol

wait if there weren't any goods then the evils would be out of a job!

wow thanks for the job security keep doing good lol

#5 Posted by Icoop (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I asked a friend of mine who is not into comic books at all what a cool superpower would be and what would be its origin. Then I drew myself in MSpaint. And I think I just chose good without even thinking about it. I figured there'd be a lot of neutrals...

#6 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"Totally original, straight from the old noggin. Mind power & creativity. "

Ditto.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
#7 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

I designed my character as a cross between Green Lantern, myself, and Ra's Al Ghul. With a little insanity mixed in. I actually started out as good (my name was Blastman), but I quickly changed my ways and saw the dark.

#8 Posted by The WeatherMan (3261 posts) - - Show Bio

I got mine from my own mind, I'm writing a book, so Photon is a powerful villian in it who doesn't realize how much power he really has. Although, in the book, Photon is different from the one here.

Post Edited:2007-03-31 16:01:23

#9 Posted by Walkingstone (10637 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone is based off of a character from the DC novel I'm writing. In the book, it's still Julian though. For the site I wanted to be myself as much as possible so I changed the character to being female. I kinda prefer her like this so I'm rewriting the novel.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
#10 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

My image comes from 'City of Heroes' but the character was created before that. The original inspiration was Superman, but along the way the Silver Surfer crept in a bit. His original costume (for CoH) was metallic and red/yellow and drew comparisons to Iron Man, although that wasn't intentional and I changed it when I was able to give him a cape (in CoH you can't do that untill level 20).

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
#11 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

We've got a lot of aspiring writers on here, huh? Me, Walkingstone, and Photon are all currently writing a book.

#12 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

Fourpower says:

"We've got a lot of aspiring writers on here, huh? Me, Walkingstone, and Photon are all currently writing a book."

i'm a fanfic writer and thats about it... not got any aspirations of writing my own characters.

as for where i came up with my character...

it's Methos from the Highlander series, a 5000 year old immortal, the oldest recorded immortal.

he was Death from the four horsemen of the Apocalipse.

but the avatar and my profile is purely Kara Zor-El, i've always been a fan of Supergirl.

M

#13 Posted by Nameless one (525 posts) - - Show Bio

methos says:

"Fourpower says:
"We've got a lot of aspiring writers on here, huh? Me, Walkingstone, and Photon are all currently writing a book."

i'm a fanfic writer and thats about it... not got any aspirations of writing my own characters.

as for where i came up with my character...

it's Methos from the Highlander series, a 5000 year old immortal, the oldest recorded immortal.

he was Death from the four horsemen of the Apocalipse.

but the avatar and my profile is purely Kara Zor-El, i've always been a fan of Supergirl.

M"

How could i have been so stupid Methos of course! He was also one of the original four horse men during the bronze age according to the seiries

I love that show!

I used to skip High School Football games just to watch it (besides that I hate football)

#14 Posted by Deep Blue (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm still working on mine. I wanted to make it pretty complex, hard to understand... but it needs more time to be developed and sadly I don't have much. However, I'm getting the idea of what I want from my character. Actually, I don't know from where or who I'm inspired from but I guess mostly is because I wanted someone to care about someone else, being this a good or evil person. Most of heroes or enemies don't share feelings with people the fight for/against, so I wanted to create someone that's right in the middle, who fights for something at first, but then it's totally agaisnt what he stood for before. Pretty messy, right?... that's the idea!

Avatar image for captain_cascader
#15 Posted by Captain Cascader (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

I work a lot in a coding language called CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), and Red LAMP and I wanted our names to be based off what we did on the site. Using the comic rule of allusion, it meant I had to be Captain Cascader. All my powers are jokes about CSS code. You use floats and hovers for text elements, and pastel boxes are basically a web 2.0 joke.

#16 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2781 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah and mine is L.A.M.P. which stands for Linux, Apache, MySql, and PHP. Which are the 4 building blocks of this website. I'm actually really the least nerdy one among my group of web nerd friends. I just learn this stuff so that I can own wicked cool websites.. cause I gotta make them to own them.