How could Momo from My Hero Academia be a more badass, competent, powerful fighter?

Imnotarovot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Imnotarovot

I have seen My Hero Academia (anime, haven't read the manga).

And there is something that bothers me a little bit.

Momo has a creation quirk (she doesn't have a quirk to directly become herself stronger, faster, or emit an attack directly like an energy emission, and she doesn't seems to emit fire or other things), she just create objects. But that gets me thinking. Why doesn't Momo create powerful weapons to compensate the lack of direct powerful attacks.

The few times when she does something like that are like when she uses some cannon against some giant robots

No Caption Provided

However, most of the time.

She fights with a simple metal bar, sometimes + a super tinny shield

And obviously a big cannon is not good for movility and probably cost her more effort in using her quirk

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-----

I think it would be much better if she created guns (considering that she can already create huge cannons, creating weapons like this ones shouldn't be outside her capacity). And with her powers, it might look like she never run out of bullets.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If you considered that any of these would be considered lethal force, she might as well just learn to create them with adjusted power or create nonlethal variations of some of these weapons, like a gun that shoots paralyzing darts, tazers, guns that shoot rubber bullets, etc...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Some other things that she might be able to create could be time or remote controlled boms

No Caption Provided

Besides the previous, she might as well learn how to create knifes that she can throw

No Caption Provided

Or shurikens

No Caption Provided

Or bows and arrows:

No Caption Provided

She might as well be able to create swords, spears or even a full body armor for melee fights and increased defense:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And I don't think there is any kind of reason why she wouldn't be able to become a good fighter with any of these weapons just because she doesn't have a speed / strenght / agility related quirk, as many others have shown great amount of skill, speed and strenght without a physical stat enhancement quirk.

Like Hero Killer Stain:

No Caption Provided

Or Nighteye:

No Caption Provided

Or Mirio:

No Caption Provided

She might as well learn to create something like a grappling Hook or a Jetpack for increased movility:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And create smoke bombs for distraction

No Caption Provided

Or even poisonous or zomniferous smoke bombs, she can always protect herself by creating a mask so she doesn't breath those gasses.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Another potential aplication of her quirk is to create weapons and use them for a surprise strike like a hidden weapon when her opponents are more vulnerable:

No Caption Provided

I don't think the amount of power she would get by learning how to create and use many of these weapons and tools would be outrageous or anything compare to what other characters have already shown.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Another potential use for her quirk is espionage:

Like creating lots of spy cameras, microphones and gps tracking devices:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

amnotcharizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot something? A nuke would be better

Imnotarovot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Imnotarovot

@amnotcharizard:

I actually thought about that. But I think that this may be stretching things a little bit too much, although I wouldn't necessarily be against it either.

Also, creating radiactive material could potentially have negative health effects on Momo.

The presition and scientific knowledge needed to create a nuke would be far much higher, to the point she might lack in trainning other skills and become a nuclear scientist.

The size of a nuke makes it hard to carry arround, and depending on the amount of material, she might have limitations to create, unless she gained more fat, as it is the lipids of her body which transforms into other kinds of matter and gets shaped into the objects she create, and becoming fatter might affect her athletic performance in battle.

It my be her most powerful creation, but also, using it could mean leaving radioactive contamination and the destruction of a city.

Barring the possibility of using it against some really top tier powerful foe, like One For All, it wouldn't have much uses either, and it might as well be a suicidal kind of move.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think in any reason of why she wouldn't be able to create weapons or gunsike the ones you cited

Maybe for the plot sake,the autor wants to keep her nerfed and slowly get at her peak/OP when she grow older

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heroes aren't supposed to use lethal force. It is why they don't carry handguns everywhere they go. This would also be why she doesn't make bladed weapons like swords, knives, and shuriken.

Full body armor might be too taxing on her. Not to mention that it'd appear beneath her clothes if she tried to summon it around her. It comes from her skin after all.

Which is probably why she goes for a metal pipe. Fiction has an odd tendency to assume blunt force trauma isn't fatal for some reason.

So the most reasonable thing for her to create for combat would be a stun gun or stun baton. Some form of taser as you suggested.

As for espionage she already uses her quirk for that. She produces all sorts of intelligence devices like cameras, timers, etc. She also makes blankets and stuff when needed.

Honestly her quirk lends itself very well to being a recue hero, not a combat hero. Keep in mind MHA is about heroes, not fighters. The support and rescue folks are every bit as vital as the people doing combat.

Sanjee007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think horikoshi thought of her as a fighter. She's more of a support/utility character.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Necromancer76

Plot has to be in her favor, it's holding her back for the most part because there's so much she can do with her quirk but you know, she's gotta be balanced I guess

Haxmode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause her quirk is BS is the first place? learning the entire molecular structure is bullshit, and learning how to make new things should take fucking forever.