How close is each MCU character to their comic counterparts?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By modernww2fare

On a scale of 1-10, list how close each MCU character is compared to their comic version

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is probably the closest

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pr0metheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America/Winter Soldier: are within their comic's range but inferior stat wise, some people believe they have a strength edge. They would get stomped in a fight, but that's due to how ridiculous of a skill edge 616 has over MCU to the point that 616 Captain America could legitimately win while depowered. I know some people will call this comic wank, but Steve's wrecked three SSS enhanced individuals without his.

Black Panther: I'm not the biggest Black Panther reader, but he seems to be fairly close to his comic counterpart in strength, and actually has a bullet-timing feat so he's got better reaction speed. 616 has a massive combat speed and skill advantage, not to mention the insane differences of their suit to the point the fight wouldn't really be close.. but MCU is a respectable opponent.

Daredevil: MCU is massively inferior when it comes to pretty much anything that isn't his radar sense. While 616's gives him significantly better speed, I was discussing this with BruceRogers and I believe GhostRavage and they both said that 616 mainly uses hearing and doesn't have many feats with his other senses. MCU can taste iron in the air from blood, and smell cancer so he seems to have a possible edge there.

Spider-Man: MCU is massively outclassed right now, but MCU seems to have better strength and gear then 616 did at his age.

Hawkeye, Black Widow, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Thor, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Loki, Ultron, Star Lord, Drax, Groot, Rocket, Gamora, Sam Wilson, 99% of Shield/Hydra/Hand, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ronan: Massively Inferior/No Advantages.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think the question is asking about power levels, people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hawkeye 7, Black Widow 4, Quicksilver 7, Scarlet Witch 6, Vision 8, Thor 8, Hulk 7, Ultron 3, Star Lord 4 , Drax 3, Groot 9, Rocket 9, Gamora 4, Sam Wilson 8, Iron Fist 5, Luke Cage 6, Ronan 3, Cap 9, Ironman 8.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

I don't think the question is asking about power levels, people.

Right???? Not everything is about feats lmao

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anthp2000  Moderator
The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Yeah that's my thing with CV. Not everything is about feats. That's fine in the Battle Forums, but like...once you're out of there, lore and backstory are so much more important. Even when looking at a character's abilities, tbh

Darah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darah

Spider-Man is nothing like his comic counterpart. Spider-Man wasn't ever portrayed so childish or like so much of a rookie in the comics.

Iron Man's comic character has grown to resemble his MCU counterpart a lot more in the last few years, but historically he had a completely different personality.

Black Widow is like a completely different character with the same name and outfit.

Star Lord also has a completely different personality. He was a lot more serious in the comics.

Hulk hasn't really had a chance to shine since his solo movie in 2008. That movie also portrayed him a lot more accurately than the Avengers movies. I haven't seen Thor 3 yet.

Wilson Fisk is very different. In the comics he is just a criminal, but in the show he was portrayed as having a love for Hells Kitchen and was sympathetic. That aspect of the character does seem to be being tranfered to the comic character with the recent Daredevil comics which has Fisk as Mayor.

Quicksilver seemed pretty accurate, but the most interesting thing about him was him being a mutant and his relationship with his father. The movies couldn't explore that.

Daredevil may be the most accurate MCU character from my knowledge. At least to the way he was in the 2000s when he was a darker character.

I have commonly heard people say that Captain America and Punisher are pretty close, but I don't read them so I can't comment.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

The battle forum has poisoned your minds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Feat wise, they don't really come close. Personality wise, i'd say most are close.

SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man - 5

Captain America - 7

Spider-Man - 3

Hawkeye - 4

Daredevil - 8

Sam Wilson - 7

James Rhodes - 5

Punisher - 7

Drax - 2

Star Lord - 3

Gamora - 3

Groot - 9

Black Widow - 2

Hulk - 5

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Cap>>>>>>>>>>>>Cap

In every way. No contest.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By brucerogers

@pr0metheus: I was discussing this with BruceRogers and I believe GhostRavage and they both said that 616 mainly uses hearing and doesn't have many feats with his other senses. MCU can taste iron in the air from blood, and smell cancer so he seems to have a possible edge there.

Great post, but this one bit catches my eye. I don't think we have said that though since 616 Daredevil has feats like smelling blood pressure rise or feeling electromagnetic waves pepper his skin like raindrops. His classic stories had him 'see' colors by sensing the heat they give off. 616!Matt has the edge here too and his radar sense is much more developed. I am not even sure MCU Daredevil even has a radar sense or at least not like his comic counterpart.

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gsrlfeid spiderman seem closer to comics in terms of being new to spiderman

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap and WS are the only ones who are close

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Cap>>>>>>>>>>>>Cap

In every way. No contest.

Black Panther>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EVERYONE

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the replies, Black Widow is totally different from the comic version. For someone that has never read anything about her, can you state the difference? Personality, Stats, relationships etc

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhunter89:

Nope.

MCU Cap has a motorcycle.

Motorcycle>car.

Cars run over mountain lions.