How awesome would it be if the majority of the Justice league were members of the LGBT+ community?

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By HarryNorine

Poll How awesome would it be if the majority of the Justice league were members of the LGBT+ community? (63 votes)

greet idea 27%
Horrible 73%

Dr. Jason Johnson puts forth an interesting idea of the majority of the justice league being members of the LGBT+ community. I think it's not a bad idea and could be a great way to spark interest of new readers. How do you feel about it?

No Caption Provided

• 
iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go Woke Go Broke

Poopiehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KillianDuclark

A good story is a good story.

No amount of barely concealed politics can lessen (eg Saga) or improve it (eg White)

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aystarr

That'll be kinda cool ngl and would be good representation, I think it's a great idea. A good story is still what matters the most tho.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kingyang

Smh. Get over it.

MoistChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn’t even remotely spark my interest, but if the story is actually good I guess.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way to spark interest is to do tie up with the movies and maintain continuity like Manga does. Also more marketing and discounts. Entirely opposite of what DC and Marvel are doing

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Good story is a good story, reasonable future state JL worked for me was because it was interesting a fun. Even the relationship between AquaWoman and the Flash was a good relationship not because of it sensuality but they just worked well enough together

mrtwotimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be fine if they are new characters, changing long standing characters to appease some woke agenda isn't that great.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yoroshi0

@mrtwotimes said:

Would be fine if they are new characters, changing long standing characters to appease some woke agenda isn't that great.

Loading Video...

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the original Justice League was changed to fit that description, then it would be a terrible idea. But since this is about a new Justice League with already queer established characters, I don't see the problem.

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No just think they should make a new team if they wanna change everything

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

I don't really care as long as they don't affect the story. But seeing how woke culture is going, I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

Spideerfan002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care as long as they don't affect the story. But seeing how woke culture is going, I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

This, I don't mind if it's a part of the story but if it's the selling point then it will never work.

Like when you read Hickman's run it's based on an actual story, they can do the same story w/ any characters but if the characters s*xuality takes precedence then it won't be interesting .

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are you all so eager to force this? Why with this LGBT agenda? This comic is consumed by children you want to ruin their childhood by forcing this, stop it, very stupid idea if you ask me

And here i thought gender swap and race bend were bad/inappropriate, there is something much much much worse.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Politics and social agenda can’t be the starting point if it’s going to have lasting credibility. You shouldn’t open by asking “wouldn’t it be cool if Justice League were LGBTQ?” You need to start with “I have this cool story idea and it involves these characters…”

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

LGBTQ taking over the world

DC is done for me

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wouldn't matter. Good stories are good stories because of their content, not their characters' sexualities.

MikeMageo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a bad idea because their sexualities would inevitably be the focus of the story.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are you all so eager to force this? Why with this LGBT agenda? This comic is consumed by children you want to ruin their childhood by forcing this, stop it, very stupid idea if you ask me

And here i thought gender swap and race bend were bad/inappropriate, there is something much much much worse.

I agree. Those damn lefties, trying to expose kids to something as horrifying as a guy kissing another guy! Comics shouldn't be looking to venture into real-world issues, let alone subjecting children to the horror of affection between two men, two women, trans individuals, or non-binary people.

Ahzek_Ahriman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ahzek_Ahriman
@breakofdawn said:
@blueshoecant said:

I agree. Those damn lefties, trying to expose kids to something as horrifying as a guy kissing another guy! Comics shouldn't be looking to venture into real-world issues, let alone subjecting children to the horror of affection between two men, two women, trans individuals, or non-binary people.

I think the complaint here is that established characters are being taken, altered and used to shoehorn in some weird political wedge issue that often comes comes across as overly preachy. Or characters that have no real predominant character trait aside from being gay (cough, batwoman, cough) and its their whole thing. The whole focus of their comics. I know full well you are aware of the "its good cause its gay" writing trope and how much some people eat up objective trash like Steven Universe writing because it contains LGBTQ elements.

Lets look at the most popular comic of all time, the X-Men, which were an ALLEGORY for race issues and identity issues. Depending on the author, they can end up more of as a race allegory (and certainly are in magneto focused stories) and can be a gay/trans allegory under others. Keyword there is allegory. The X-Men were never explicit about what struggles they were an allegory for, for numerous reasons. One of them was that it allowed focus on individual struggles of characters as well as greater societal issues. When you look at Claremont's writing, all down the line all of his characters are defined first by being rejects not just of society as a whole but absolutely tormented their own personal conditions and/or failings.

This is in STARK contrast to modern Marvel or DC characters, or modern versions of old characters. Preachy narratives, "its good cause its gay/inclusive" writing and so on and so forth. Just look at the way that, for example, Sandman handled narratives designed to explicitly deal with the issue of homophobia versus the way DC does that today in comics with ostensibly another storyline. Its a pure and simple massive degeneration in quality

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ahzek_ahriman: Thing is, that's not his critique:

"This comic is consumed by children you want to ruin their childhood by forcing this"

-

"And here i thought gender swap and race bend were bad/inappropriate, there is something much much much worse."

That and he think there's an "LGBTQ+ agenda" behind this.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The puritans are still crying over this?

WizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a tragedy.

Ahzek_Ahriman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ahzek_Ahriman
@breakofdawn said:

"This comic is consumed by children you want to ruin their childhood by forcing this"

-

"And here i thought gender swap and race bend were bad/inappropriate, there is something much much much worse."

Oh there is clearly an agenda behind this, I just don't think its a scheme by "the gays" as much as it is Marvel executives, so woke they have fallen back asleep, having an agenda.

To further the X-Men comparison, by the time we get to the mid-late Claremont Era (aka the one that every normie ever thinks of when they think X-Men) you see more correlations to the people who generally felt homeless in society, like punk rockers, teenagers in general, those disposed through drug use, abuse, and things like that instead of a particular hyper focus on any particular identity group. That's probably because the allegories to things like race, sex and gender don't make sense when its used too directly for too long a period of time and Claremont knew this. This is why it was explored in individual stories instead of being a centralizing theme.

The problem is, everyone who is currently high up in marvel is absolutely clueless about crafting a narrative like this and want to jam as much diversity into the series as possible because it tickles their peepee the right way.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6186307112688
deactivated-6186307112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be over-representation.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn said:

-

Oh there is clearly an agenda behind this, I just don't think its a scheme by "the gays" as much as it is Marvel executives, so woke they have fallen back asleep, having an agenda.

To further the X-Men comparison, by the time we get to the mid-late Claremont Era (aka the one that every normie ever thinks of when they think X-Men) you see more correlations to the people who generally felt homeless in society, like punk rockers, teenagers in general, those disposed through drug use, abuse, and things like that instead of a particular hyper focus on any particular identity group. That's probably because the allegories to things like race, sex and gender don't make sense when its used too directly for too long a period of time and Claremont knew this. This is why it was explored in individual stories instead of being a centralizing theme.

The problem is, everyone who is currently high up in marvel is absolutely clueless about crafting a narrative like this and want to jam as much diversity into the series as possible because it tickles their peepee the right way.

I agree with a lot of this. Most of this "representation" comes from people who don't even try to understand what LGBTQ+ members want. People like the twit I was replying to just show how ineffectual this behaviour is.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wouldn't make any sense... Statistically the LGBT community is a very small percentage of the population, so a team full of that demographic is incredibly unlikely unless they choose to priotize LGBT members.

It would also retcon the sexualities/gender of most of the JL, which is a bad idea.

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: You are wrong I understand very well what the LGBT people want, they want recognition, equality, so they can live side by side, with all of us, look at my country, they have even entered parliament, invited non-governmental organizations, campaigned for their free sex behavior, the result? more and more teenagers are falling into deviant sexual behavior, moral decline, moral crisis, can trigger the destruction of a nation's generation, I have principle values, although not very religious, I still hold fast to them, religious values ​​to death and will continue to do so. I pass it on to my descendants. now you imagine if small children who don't even know what straight sex is, then they have to be introduced or not, rather they are plunged into deviant behavior, just make a story that contains heroic values ​​without having to accompany it with other deviant agendas.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueshoecant: Mmh hmm. Just out of curiosity; where are you from?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope everyone becomes lgbt in real life so humanity can end itself 😁🤘

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope everyone becomes lgbt in real life so humanity can end itself 😁🤘

You an efilist by any chance?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who gives a shit? I just want a good story. LGBTQ doesn't matter to me.

AxiomPulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would seem forced and no clue why that would be relevant.

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided