how amny omnipotents are there in marvel and dc comics?

#1 Edited by SilverGalford (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

say all who you know

sorry it 's many , what a lag.

#2 Edited by loveNwar (474 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think DC ever produced a REAL omnipotent hero or vilain (?) don't know. I can't remember.
Marvel had Thanos with tools (gems, Heart, cubes) but he was always defeated anyway. Sometimes an entity called One Above is All is talked about... but never really made an introduction. The only character that truly showed power above everything or everyone was the Beyonder... but He's dead. I guess there's no current omnipotent being.

#3 Edited by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: The One Above All (not the Celestial)
DC: The Presence

Do near-omnipotent beings count? Because both universes have a few of those. But the ones I just mentioned are the only truly omnipotent beings in Marvel and DC.

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
#4 Posted by Omega-level Supreme (1168 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega-level Supreme: 

I believe the Source, the Hand, the Voice, and the Presence are four beings of a whole. Sort of.  I consider the four to be the same in a sense.
Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
#6 Posted by Omega-level Supreme (1168 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:

But can you prove it? The Source part especially.
#7 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many.

#8 Posted by rein (1355 posts) - - Show Bio
@loveNwar said:
"I don't think DC ever produced a REAL omnipotent hero or vilain (?) don't know. I can't remember. Marvel had Thanos with tools (gems, Heart, cubes) but he was always defeated anyway. Sometimes an entity called One Above is All is talked about... but never really made an introduction. The only character that truly showed power above everything or everyone was the Beyonder... but He's dead. I guess there's no current omnipotent being. "
The one-above-all is god, and he has made apperances in both Doctor strange (or at least how he percieved him) and spiderman (as a homeless man on the street) and there is only one omnipotent in each universe because it means all powerful. (there can only be one all-powerful being) 
@JediXMan said:
"Marvel: The One Above All (not the Celestial) DC: The Presence  Do near-omnipotent beings count? Because both universes have a few of those. But the ones I just mentioned are the only truly omnipotent beings in Marvel and DC. "

i don't belive that the presence is actually omnipotent, just the strongest being in the universe (tmk there are no Omnipotents in DC) 
#9 Edited by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein: 

The Presence is described as Omnipotent. I believe that the Presence, the Voice, the Hand, and the Source are one (sort of).