• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

Trailer was pretty meh. Far from hot garbage, just average.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
#102 Posted by HandOfPrometheus (881 posts) - - Show Bio

@orangebat: I get so much Miles Morales feels than Peter Parker.

#103 Posted by Pipxeroth (9222 posts) - - Show Bio

Edgy

#104 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it

#105 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@iara said:

wildvine vs slayz

Wildvine stomps.

Yup.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#106 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11559 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. I'm sick and tired of childish Peter Parker.

#107 Posted by casper4690 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAOOO this thread is gold. All the little children arguing over a superhero movie , how cute.

#108 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

@slayz: Saying mushrooms are gross is not an absolute. It is an opinion. Saying someone is wrong for thinking mushrooms are delicious is wrong because it suggests that all mushrooms are gross and all people that enjoy them are wrong. But I have a sense of self-awareness and I understand what subjective means, so I know that just because I don't like them doesn't mean they are gross. I simply don't like them and I can say that maturely and without being confrontational. Saying I don't like them just that. Not that people who like them are wrong.

So you admit you are actively disagreeing with my passive acceptance, even as am open to your preference of the character. And somehow I'm the immature one. And in this case you are purposefully stating in absolutes that I am wrong for not hating this version along with you. because that is what you are saying. If things are "black and white" then I am against you because I'm not with you. While still going on about subjectivity. You mix these concepts to suit your argument and then pad out your post with insults and rude comments. At least I'm not grasping at insults to pad out my reply.

No, I mean stingers, but thank you. And here we are again, if it doesn't count to you it isn't a valid point. In this case Spider-Man not being a movie for kids, even though it totally is. Again, this is not how debate works. You can say what you want but that's doesn't make it an argument. You can disregard what you like but that doesn't negate it. I could try to be gross or rude or insult you but that wouldn't make an intelligent reply.

Wait. Are you saying I can like Pokemon even though you don't? Wow! Its almost like you can like or dislike something without being rude and confrontational about it. For example, I don't think you are wrong for disliking Pokemon. Because I don't have to deal in absolutes. I can talk to people that like or dislike things I like without saying they are right or wrong. because they aren't right or wrong. because liking or hating Pokemon are not absolute ideologies. Liking or hating this version of Spider-Man is not an absolute ideology.

If I said this was the only version of him you could call me wrong. Because that would be untrue. And since we are repeating ourselves, you created a thread to rant about a kids movie. Because that's something to be proud of I guess.

Wrong again. It's all a matter of perspective; since I think the mushrooms are gross, you are incorrect in saying that they taste good. Maybe to you they do, but they don't to me. Again, you have a basic misunderstanding of what subjectivity is. There are literally no right or wrong answers, so an individual is allowed to say that anything is a right or wrong answer. Again, if you say that mushrooms are good in your view, you are disagreeing with me. What other way is there to define it? Because you certainly aren't agreeing with me. Go ahead and clarify this for me instead of continually avoiding it.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't care if you're saying that you "don't disagree with me". I'm saying that you're wrong for being fine with that particular incarnation of Peter. Go ahead and explain in detail how that is not a subjective viewpoint. Stay consistent.

That's great that you don't have to deal in absolute claims! Neither do I, but I do. And that doesn't make it any less subjective. We are both talking in circles here; what each of us is referring to is subjectivity. You're just saying that I shouldn't be able to say that you're wrong. Which is false, I can say whatever the hell I want because it's all based on subjective opinion.

I can call you wrong whenever I want, regardless of how many interpretations there are. Watch this;

I don't care what panels of evidence for the character you bring up for justifying why you're fine with the choice. I'm not fine with the choice, because I want a different incarnation. Therefore I think you are wrong and would rather have you believe what I believe. Since you won't, we can agree to disagree.

Simple stuff, Princess.

#109 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Looks like Slayz...

No Caption Provided

...Just got slayed.

No Caption Provided

$10 says you're not even following our discussion, making this worthless fangirling. By identifying that you agree with her, you're making yourself look just as ignorant.

Want me to embarrass you, too?

#110 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#111 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz said:

$10 says you're not even following our discussion, making this worthless fangirling. By identifying that you agree with her, you're making yourself look just as ignorant.

Want me to embarrass you, too?

Sure I'll go ahead and embarrass you.

You're acting completely unethical both mentally and intelligently to users on the thread, regurgitating the same tired and despicable points again and again with no rhyme or reason. Your statements have nothing backing them up other than to be scornful for the sake of being scornful over the trailer for a film which hasn't even been released yet.

I'm sure Kevin Feige, Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr and the cast of this movie are going to be losing sleep over what one contemptuous child thinks of a trailer for a movie that will no doubt earn them more money than your entire bloodline has ever saw.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Seriously theres nothing wrong with disliking a trailer as I didn't care much for it either, but you make a desperate and sad attempt to reply to people who by this point aren't even looking to argue with you, but get on with their lives as you make personal attempts to insult what they like or disagree with.

If you were an adult you would've at least saw were they coming from, but you didn't. And thats where you falter.

At this instance any point you made or could've made has been lost in a sea of ignorance that you will never escape nor crawl out of. And that everybody here is laughing at including myself and dozens of others. All over the trailer for a comic film which will be sucessful regardless of what you think of it or not.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#112 Edited by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11: You just did a fantastic job of saying absolutely nothing. Looks like I win $10, because it's clear you have absolutely no idea what's being discussed.

Want to try again, sport? I'd love for you to actually give me some fodder to work with here.

EDIT: By the way, all the memes you're posting are giving me cataracts. I'm assuming you rely on picture books in order to read, but here they just sort of get in the way of your points.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#113 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9033 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough Martha for you Bruh?

#114 Posted by decaf_wizard (16936 posts) - - Show Bio

The edge and salt in this thread that I cut and sterlized my finger at the same time just by clicking the mouse to enter it

#115 Posted by Ryokuma100 (996 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAOOO this thread is gold. All the little children arguing over a superhero movie , how cute.

What's your problem?

Did someone crap in your cereal today?

You literally created an account on a site that ARGUES about FICTIONAL characters, and you have the nerve to call people children? Seriously? I hate it when people do that.

You yourself said (http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/where-did-the-myth-that-deathstroke-beats-batman-m-1844706/?page=3):

"@elijah_c_washington: @batmanplusjay: Great debate. Still leaning towards DS. I'm curious though , why do you proceed to call elijah "son" and "kid?" Do you know how old is he or her?"

Elijah answered: "if I were to guess, I'd say he's condescending as much as possible because it makes him feel like he's winning."

You replied back: "Yep, I was genuinely curious. I typically see those phrases when someone tries come off as a big shot (usually self-esteem issues), while attempting to undermine someone else's comments/opinions."

And you have the nerve to call people little children?? After what you said literally days ago??

Hypocrite much?

It's not even like you are away from battles about superheros, you gave your opinion on Old Man Logan vs The Last of Us.

Add to the conversation rather than making remarks like that...it's just my pet peeve when people act like that...

#116 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio
#117 Edited by casper4690 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryokuma100: This is too funny!,What's sad is that you're offended by a comment that was made on a public forum , and then proceeded to check my history to try to make a point. Honestly , who gives a shit? Nobody cares whats your pet peeve , again if you're easily offended by a comment , then clearly there's issues that you need to get sorted out .This thread is far from being conversation or a civilized debate, hence "chiildren". I call it as it is. If you believe otherwise, then you need to check your facts straight and go back to school. If you need to get more things off your chest , please keep going.

Avatar image for transformers1024
#118 Posted by Transformers1024 (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

#NotATrueSpiderManFan

#119 Posted by Super_ninja (3580 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for darkdetective27
#120 Edited by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: Good to see my comment still has relevance.

#121 Posted by Adriusus (3231 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#122 Edited by comicace3 (12434 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine = chaos.

#123 Posted by BruceRogers (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay

#124 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12537 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: Seriosly tho. A lot of threads, ESPECIALLY in General Discussion, need to be purified with Naplam

Avatar image for dextersinister1
#125 Posted by Dextersinister1 (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Keaton should have been channeling more Michael Keaton when he threatened to kill Spiderman. An actor whose Batman seemed to have more buried crazy than the Joker.

Loading Video...

#126 Posted by kgb725 (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
#127 Posted by EmperorxHadesx420 (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm sure its going to be some type of PC/SJW going in this movie.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#128 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6605 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately, I wasn't much of a fan of it either.

#129 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is so edgy I cut myself when I clicked on it because of its extreme edge. Could you try any harder at trying to be popular by having an unpopular opinion?

#130 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I actually just didn't like the trailer because I didn't like it.

Could you try any harder to be popular by bandwagoning an opinion in this thread? Or, wait - did you just genuinely like the trailer? Lol.

#131 Posted by erikarlsson (999 posts) - - Show Bio

You're obviously trying to piss people off by having the unpopular opinion, but anyways, hot garbage is an extreme exaggeration.

#132 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@erikarlsson: You're obviously trying to gain favor with everyone else by agreeing with them so they'll like you better.

#133 Posted by erikarlsson (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz: Or maybe I'm just calling you out on how immature you're being.

#134 Posted by VoloErgoMalus (2880 posts) - - Show Bio

@erikarlsson: I'm not so sure that it is. It's just that book fans are used to mediocrity and have very low standards. It took me years to come to terms with the fact that comics in general, especially Marvel and DC, tend to be trite rehashing of old themes and tired images, and that there is a lifetime's supply of far more worthy art just waiting to be discovered, to the point that comics can safely be almost ignored. It can be unpleasant to hear negative criticism of specific works of the sort Slayz has dispensed in this thread, but at least such specificity suggests the existence of something better, which there certainly is.

#135 Edited by decaf_wizard (16936 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz said:

@erikarlsson: You're obviously trying to gain favor with everyone else by agreeing with them so they'll like you better.

Could you just stop being an edgelord with nothing better to do than attempt to prove how superior your opinion of a movie trailer is. It was amusing at first but now it is just sad

Oh and the condescending tone you have been using through the entire thread isn't doing you any favors either

#136 Edited by IceDemonKing (9990 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

Edit: everything here is just an opinion no one here has an opinion better than the other persons this especially applies to the op

#137 Posted by BlueHope (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz said:

Could you just stop being an edgelord with nothing better to do than attempt to prove how superior your opinion of a movie trailer is compared everybody elses. It was amusing at first but now it is just sad

Just curious how he's being edgy?

#138 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@erikarlsson: Except that's not what you said. You said my opinion is likely not even true because I'm just trying to get people worked up.

So I flipped that logic around back on you, and you went off topic.

#139 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard: I have literally never said my opinion is superior to anyone else's. Quote me on it.

In fact, I've said the exact opposite throughout.

#140 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

In regards to the MCU formula, hey if it ain't broke don't fix it.

#141 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: Sound logic, but I honestly wish they'd try something truly different in one of their films.

Civil War sort of went that way, but it couldn't fully commit to a tonal shift. You still had quippy battles that didn't belong with a plot that ultimately served little consequence (Rhodey is walking again, Avengers splitting means nothing because they're still somewhat friendly at the end). I wish they had fully committed to the idea and kept Stark bloodthirsty for revenge against Cap and crew. Some true animosity.

Of course this was still one of my favorite MCU films because they did try something outside the formula.

#142 Posted by wildvine (14882 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz: Have to address one point in reverse here;

Simple stuff, Princess.

That is not my name, we are not friends and this is said in open condescension. There are rules about insults. Until now your insults have been thinly veiled and I have ignored them. I'm past that. If you insult me or anyone else in this thread it will be locked and you will get a time out. Do not test me on this.

Wrong again. It's all a matter of perspective; since I think the mushrooms are gross, you are incorrect in saying that they taste good. Maybe to you they do, but they don't to me. Again, you have a basic misunderstanding of what subjectivity is. There are literally no right or wrong answers, so an individual is allowed to say that anything is a right or wrong answer. Again, if you say that mushrooms are good in your view, you are disagreeing with me. What other way is there to define it? Because you certainly aren't agreeing with me. Go ahead and clarify this for me instead of continually avoiding it.

Sorry but no. You are confusing subjective opinion with absolute truth. Yes, you are allowed to say mushrooms are gross. Yes you are allowed to think they are gross. I never said you couldn't if you had read my comment. What I said was that saying someone is wrong for liking mushrooms is wrong because it suggests an absolute truth. People are not wrong for liking mushrooms. You are not wrong for disliking them. You are wrong for judging people who like mushrooms as wrong. This goes back to your absolute mindset. Anyone that doesn't agree with you implicitly is wrong. But that is not subjectivity. Subjectivity says mushrooms are bad to you, not to everyone. Absolution says mushrooms are bad to you, therefore anyone who likes them is wrong by virtue of liking. This is not open-minded which subjectivity is. Subjectivity to you is an excuse for you to be right no matter what. Either you are right or no one is right. This says a lot more about you than I think you realize.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't care if you're saying that you "don't disagree with me". I'm saying that you're wrong for being fine with that particular incarnation of Peter. Go ahead and explain in detail how that is not a subjective viewpoint. Stay consistent.

Subjective means this version of Spider-Man is wrong to you. It does not me I have to be wrong for liking it because again, Spider-Man characterization is not an absolute truth. If you were dealing in subjectivity instead of absolutes you would understand that you can find the version as wrong without everyone that doesn't agree with you being 100% is wrong. This again is the "You vs them" mentality you are stuck on. Spider-Man is not a religion. Spider-Man does not have absolute rules. Though at this point it is silly of me to continue when you openly admit you are disagreeing with someone that is not at ends to you over Spider-Man. You are flailing against nothing here.

That's great that you don't have to deal in absolute claims! Neither do I, but I do. And that doesn't make it any less subjective. We are both talking in circles here; what each of us is referring to is subjectivity. You're just saying that I shouldn't be able to say that you're wrong. Which is false, I can say whatever the hell I want because it's all based on subjective opinion.

Yes it does. because subjective and absolute mean different things. You clearly don't understand this. I'm not saying you can't call me wrong. I'm saying you are wrong for calling me wrong when my opinion doesn't go against yours in the least. I'm also saying your understanding of the word subjective is wrong. Your opinion isn't subjective. If it were were could reasonably disagree. Except I haven't disagreed with you on Spider-Man. You have disagreed with me over nothing. "I disagree" is subjective, implying there are no right or wrong answers. "You're wrong" implies there is a correct and incorrect answer. You have said multiple times I am wrong. This is not open to subjectivity and you only use that word to give yourself an out.

I can call you wrong whenever I want, regardless of how many interpretations there are. Watch this;

I don't care what panels of evidence for the character you bring up for justifying why you're fine with the choice. I'm not fine with the choice, because I want a different incarnation. Therefore I think you are wrong and would rather have you believe what I believe. Since you won't, we can agree to disagree.

Do you have no self awareness? Do you not hear how childish you sound?

That again, is not subjectivity. Getting tired of repeating this one. Subjectivity says we can agree to disagree, yes. But if you want me to believe what you believe, that is not subjective. That is "you vs them" that is a right and a wrong mentality. Either there is no right and wrong, or there is. You cannot mix and match to fit your argument. I mean, technically you can but your argument comes out as nonsense. I don't disagree with your desires for the character. Again, you are flailing at nothing. I am not wrong for being okay with this. You are wrong for forcing the dichotomy. This comes from the mindset that you are right and anyone that disagrees is wrong. That is not subjectivity. That says there is a right and a wrong. Subjectivity is saying other people are allowed to have differing opinions without being absolutely right or wrong.

And this will be my last comment on the subject because this has become a non-discussion. You just repeat yourself endlessly without an understanding of the words or phrases you are using. For example, we cannot "agree to disagree" if I'm not disagreeing with you, which I have yet to do in regards to Spider-Man, the central conflict. I cannot agree to disagree about your mindset because you are not being subjective, and even by your own rules you would be wrong for not agreeing with me anyway.

When you are not repeating yourself or misusing basic concepts you are condescending or insulting, which just shows how little actual argument you have, especially as I have not retorted to these base tactics myself. You started out intelligent and reasonable and quickly degenerated into rude, endless rhetoric. At this point I assume you are only continuing to get the last word. Well here's is your chance. I'm done so finish however you like, as long as you keep it in the rules.

I would salute you for a rousing debate and some decent points, but we're dealing in absolutes now, yeah? By that logic since I don't agree with all your points I must disagree with all your points. And since I disagree you must be wrong, again by the rules of absolutes. You started well. End well and salvage the dignity you have left after this amazing spectral. Peace out.

#143 Posted by Iara (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz said:

@decaf_wizard: I have literally never said my opinion is superior to anyone else's. Quote me on it.

In fact, I've said the exact opposite throughout.

So your opinion is inferior to everyone else? Why not change it then? :)

#144 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: Hm? I'm just paying you a compliment. Don't hear them too often, or what? I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable.

Nope, wrong again. I am entirely allowed to say that you are wrong for saying mushrooms taste good, because from my perspective, I have no idea how they can taste good. Again, you avoided my statement; Are you agreeing, or disagreeing? It's very black and white, and you continually avoid this because you know it kills your whole argument. Try again, I'll wait.

Oops, seems you were unable to address what I was asking yet again. You didn't explain how my view wasn't consistent subjectivity. Of course I can say you're wrong for wanting a particular vision of the character, because I want you to want the character MY way. If you don't see things my way, that's fine. We can disagree because we both have subjective opinions.

"B-b-but I don't disagree with you, so why are you disagreeing with me?!"

Because I can. And I'm flattered that you agree my vision of Spider-Man would also be acceptable.

Nope, false again. Pay attention while reading this; Subjective opinions can be wrong depending on the perspective of the person agreeing/disagreeing. This is subjectivity. If I'm not wrong for saying mushrooms taste bad while you say that they taste great, what word would you describe me as? Because from your perspective, I can't be correct either. Similarly, I respect that you want a particular vision for a character. I also think you're wrong for wanting said character, and would rather you see it my way. Doesn't mean I can force you too. I need you to say the words, "I understand" here so that I at least know you're following.

Actually it is still subjective, because I only want you to agree with my subjective claims. It doesn't mean what I'm saying is fact, it means I want you to subjectively agree with me.

Great, thanks for admitting I'm correct. If you feel like your argument gets stronger over the next few hours/days, feel free to come back and try again. I'll be waiting, and won't cop-out like you're trying to do.

#145 Posted by RisingBean (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

@iara said:

wildvine vs slayz

Wildvine stomps.

Ain't that the truth.

#146 Posted by AkshSarpanch (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. Looked like one of those million shitty Spiderman reboots.

Won't waste my money on this garbage.

#147 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@iara: Subjectively my opinion is superior, objectively it is not. I can want you to believe what I believe while also recognizing that you are capable of believing whatever you like.

Understand?

#148 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: You don't even understand what we're discussing, making this baseless fanboying over an Internet friend on a website you frequent.

Sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#149 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@iara said:

wildvine vs slayz

Wildvine stomps.

Ain't that the truth.

Pretty much. I leave a thread for a day or 2, come back and this is what I see. This site, man. I do have to commend @slayz on his copious amounts of edge though. All hail the Internet Warrior.

@wildvine: It's really not worth it. Just let it go and be the bigger person, cause people like him aren't going to.

#150 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56: Refer to what I said to RisingBean. Being in disagreement with one of your Internet buddies doesn't mean I'm being edgy.

Watch this;

Wildvine is an edgy girl who just wanted to derail my thread.