Respect Holden Carver
Holden Carver a.k.a. The Conductor (though he hates this codename) was a member of I.O. Special Forces who was exposed to an artifact from The Bleed which fused to his nervous system, killing his team and granting him a healing factor, immunity to most psychics, and the ability to transfer pain, but not feel it. Today, we're going to run through what makes him such a fearsome agent.
Sleeper is a mature comic. Please make sure you are at the proper age before going to read it. Features gratuitous nudity, sex, violence, occasional gore, dark themes etc. That said, this is a hell of a good comic book, and I encourage those who are old and wise enough to read it.
Immunity to Pain
- Sustains severe injury.
- Shrugs off a punch from Turbine, who can casually snap heads backwards.
- Ignores blasts which immediately kill normal humans.
- Ignores pierced lung.
- Sticks finger in lightbulb socket.
- No sells getting zapped through the chest.
- Shoots himself in head and fakes death.
Transference of Pain
- Transfers pain of getting shot. to bulletproof man.
- Transfers pain of prolonged exposure to electrical shock.
- Transfers the pain of getting a lightning bolt through the chest
- Plays dead and takes out Grifter
- Transferring pain of getting shot in head knocks out John Lynch for 2 Hours.
- Is never compromised physically by mental weariness.
- Is light on his feet.
- Cannot feel heat or cold.
- Doesn't care about fire.
- Has a degree of immunity to telepaths.
- Does not experience motion sickness
- Can't get drunk
- Sneaks into heavily guarded room for assassination unnoticed.
- Makes a car easier to track and hotwires a car to follow it.
- Holds himself to ceiling, then drops unnoticed and scores two headshots.
- Knows when he's been noticed. Calls it when it's a set-up.
- Leaving people alive... By blowing off their kneecaps
- Says he will heal from a broken body in minutes.
- Heals from his knee getting blown completely off. Says he can walk within hours, completely healed in less than two days.